It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Catastrophe Cancelled: What you're not being told about the science of climate change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Hello. Here is a series of clips of a global warming film put together a couple of years ago by a group of Canadian and other scientists. It is placed here just for information. I have debated climate change in other threads, and have no intention of re-hashing it with people who will not listen or even ever so slightly modify their point of view. Thats fine, we simply agree to disagree, and so be it

Please don't comment until you have viewed all 5 clips. Now, the link:

Friends of Science

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
From the first video (no time to watch them all ATM):

1) Each of the "experts" in the video is not independant - they are part of the group "Friends of Science".

www.sourcewatch.org...

When reviewing that link, please bear in mind the dates with relation to the Canadian political environment, as well as the party affiliations of the people involved - and the role of the Kyoto protocol in the last two federal elections.

2) Their claim that the scientific consensus was in favour of an imminent ice age is misleading at best. If you`re one of the many people on this board who embraces this nugget of historical inaccuracy as fact, please begin your history lesson here:

www.wmconnolley.org.uk...

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
From the first video (no time to watch them all ATM):

1) Each of the "experts" in the video is not independant -

These clips were not necessarily presented as being from an independent source. Scientific objectivity should supercede politics, but as we know, it often doesn't. On the other hand, both believers and skeptics should thoughtfully judge the merits of all of the material and viewpoints of A.G.W. and then decide their own position.

2) Their claim that the scientific consensus was in favour of an imminent ice age is misleading at best. If you`re one of the many people on this board who embraces this nugget of historical inaccuracy as fact, please begin your history lesson here:

I believe that all stems from a Newsweek article in 1975. I was 25 years old in 1975 and remember the article from that time. I'm not certain there was a widespread consensus on global cooling either. Not that I recall. Perhaps it was just an article published to create shock in order to sell magazines. A reprint of the Newsweek article is here:

Newsweek 1975

Of course the Russians think we're all nuts with the global warming stuff, they are still calling for global cooling....

There is a lot more to see than the first clip. Perhaps you should watch the other clips when time permits.

At any rate, it is not my film and I have no intention of defending it's contents to anyone. It is just presented as another piece of information in the A.G.W. issue.

join