It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: dead man walking?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I would be heavily inclined to believe so, but I believe it would be possible to convince a large part of the population that it was either the work of a lone nut, or, as I propsed in the Original Post, that it was the work of some organized non-government group, such as a gang or a racist group. Everyone would have a theory on the Obama assassination... it would probably rival the Kennedy hit for number of theories.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
wow man.....thats a very active imagination you got there lol. Although its all in the realms of reality. For americas sake though, everybody better hope that if he does get elected, he dosen't get assinated. Because as a black person, I can tell you guys that thier will most likly be riots. Personally, I wouldn't riot, and either would any blacks that I know. But there are blacks out thier that are waiting for the chance to.

In my opinion, Obama has a lot off guts to be running for president. There's a good chance that if he does get elected (which I highly doubt) there WILL be people out there that are going to want him rubbed out. Just imagine the reaction of the KKK lol.

But once again, I highly doubt he'll win. Hey has way to many factors ridding aganinst him.

-The Osama-Obama thing
- He's inexperienced
- He's black
- the whole black power church thing
-etc

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The KKK are, and have been for many years, washed up losers with ZERO influence and even less credibility.
The FBI was very thorough at getting them shut down and out, mostly through arrests and lawsuits.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
This country has been led by White Europeans and their descendants since anyone can remember. Why cant you think about giving someone else a shot? Ya know people that represent America's diverse cultures and ethnicities, not just one.

I mean come on you guys are always complaining about how corrupt our pliticians are, how our leaders are always working for their own goals or that of their masters, but year after year term after term, yall keep on voting them right back in. Give someone else a shot, drop your fears that if it aint white, it aint right for the country people. It is baseless garbage.

We need Korean Presidents, Black Presidents, Spanish ones, Malaysian, Lebanese, because there is more than one culture living in vast communities in this nation. Not saying that its bad to be white, or white leaders are bad. I am just saying that if we gonna keep griping about how corrupt they are, maybe we should switch it up on them and see how another leader from a different culture would run things. Doesnt hurt to have hope now is there?

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Fluke, DOUBLE POST.

[edit on 4/17/2007 by DYepes]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
The KKK are, and have been for many years, washed up losers with ZERO influence and even less credibility.
The FBI was very thorough at getting them shut down and out, mostly through arrests and lawsuits.

There are still alot of klansmen down here in the south and reactionary aryan brotherhood people. all it takes is one nutcase with a gun to get obama. i pray that doesnt happen but if he is elected if he isnt assasinated there will be several close calls. But if that happens you better believe black people will riot it will be like rodney king riots multiplied.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Interesting theory. I believe the Clintons are ruthless enough to attempt something like this. While I don't think Obama will be elected this time around he'll be a strong contender the next. I think he might very well be a good choice but I would like to see him get more experience. Anyway back on topic if he were to be elected I believe his life would be in great danger so many dangerous and ruthless groups out there would be gunning for him an inside job makes sense.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Personally I dont care if we have a Black President, id prefer that than a Woman President anyday..

J/K lol i wouldnt mind a woman either, just not Hillary

[edit on 17-4-2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpliedChaos

There are still alot of klansmen down here in the south and reactionary aryan brotherhood people. all it takes is one nutcase with a gun to get obama. i pray that doesnt happen but if he is elected if he isnt assasinated there will be several close calls. But if that happens you better believe black people will riot it will be like rodney king riots multiplied.

Exactly. In all actuallity, I really don't think obama should get elected. America has come a long way in reguards to racism, sterotyping, etc, but its still not ready for a black president. Theres still a lot of racism in our society, and theres still a lot of lunatics out there who are willing to violently act on that racism. Mabye in a few more decades America will be ready for a non-white president, but nows not the time. At least in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Ok i think maybe some may find this offensive, so if you do I apologize in advance. I really don't want to make anyone mad or hurt anybodies feelings.
When i said id vote for a black man, i really did mean it and I've lived in the South all my life.
I honestly do NOT judge anyone by color alone, I judge based on many things but one of the most important things i judge for is attitude.
Now if Obama got up there on a podium to make a speech and announcement, what I would be looking at is number one and the MOST important would be his ATTITUDE.
This is the part that may anger some or hurt feelings but that isn't my goal at all.
I really would pay very close attention to his attitude, to see if that "chip" is on his soldier like the one thats own many black leaders in the limelight nowadays.
I understand all of the excuses, the ones like.. Blacks have many more obstacles to hurdle to reach their goals and that is 100% true and in clearing these obstacles over and over, it tends to start building up anger. Again, that is understandable. So a black candidate or leader that got as far as they did deserve a lot of recognition because of the uphill battle they had to fight to get to that point and if they can do this and still not allow his aggravation come out or show and doesn't allow that chip, then he indeed can and will be a great leader.
Please don't take my post the wrong way and remain open when reading it, I am not now and will never be a racist, i may be a sexist
(jp) but I'm not a racist.
If someone here is black (blackdude) has a problem with something I've said here, you may have misunderstood what i said or i may have done a poor job at expressing my self, so if someone does, please U2U me so that we can work things out together.

Thanks

edited for grammar and spelling

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I am black and I think i unedrstand what you are saying. Past black leaders who have tried to run havent been succesful b/c white people tend to see that noticable chip and feel almost as if those candidates (jesse jackson/sharpton..forgot the others name) are forcing them to feel that 'white guilt' .I have heard from many people and the news that Obama is popular b/c he doesnt make people feel that. I dont really have a prob with a candidate having that 'chip' on thir solders obviously b/c i know what its like but it can be hard for other races to digest that...That being said..

VOTE OBAMA '08

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I am black and I think i unedrstand what you are saying. Past black leaders who have tried to run havent been succesful b/c white people tend to see that noticable chip

and feel almost as if those candidates (jesse jackson/sharpton..forgot the others name) are forcing them to feel that 'white guilt' .I have heard from many people and the news that Obama is popular b/c he doesnt make people feel that. I dont really have a prob with a candidate having that 'chip' on thir solders obviously b/c i know what its like but it can be hard for other races to digest that...That being said..
VOTE OBAMA '08

Yes, thank you I'm glad my rambling writings are understood and you're right. we do notice the chip and sometimes some people feel like the chip is or will be directed towards whites if hes elected..Does that make sense?
From the little i know about Obama, he seems like hes (to borrow democrats words) very articulate for anyone, not just a black man
Obama to me, seems like he could have it in him to bridge Whites and Blacks together.
There are also Blacks out there that may see him as (how is it put) being a sell out? and may think he is to "white for them"

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Some black people are trying say that he is not really part of the african american culture b/c his dad is straight from africa so he has no ties to slavery or civil rights....but you know that just stems from issues that african people and african-american people have with each other..and i dont think that it will hurt him. He honestly is the best black candidate i have ever heard of and IMO the best democrat

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Yea and no offense but the black community does that to each other all the time,what i mean is, it isnt good enough for some that hes black, theyll start picking him apart with examples like you just mentioned.
They may say at some point (for example only) "hes not black enough" hes a sellout to the black race" You understand what im talking about?
I agree also that hes definitely the best black candidate that ive seen ever and I would LOVE to see him put Hillary to shame and knock her out of the race to the white house.

Some black people are trying say that he is not really part of the african american culture b/c his dad is straight from africa so he has no ties to slavery or civil rights....but you know that just stems from issues that african people and african-american people have with each other..and i dont think that it will hurt him. He honestly is the best black candidate i have ever heard of and IMO the best democrat

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Yea and no offense but the black community does that to each other all the time,what i mean is, it isnt good enough for some that hes black, theyll start picking him apart

Yeah, this happens a lot in the black community, and its a huge problem in my opinion. People seem to think that in order to be "black" you have to act a certain way, talk a certain way, and be born and raised in a specific envirement. This way of thinking is whats seperating african-americans from the rest of america, and causing african-americans to not accept other african-americans. For example, I was born in Nothern phillidelphia (pretty rough area), but my parents moved us to the suburbs when I was 11. Every since I moved to the suburbs, whenever I would go visit my friends and family in the city, I would notice that they didn't accept me like they used to. Its like they didn't see me as one of them because I wasn't living in there envirment anymore. Since I didn't talk exactly like them anymore, and beacuse I wasn't into the same things they were into. They didn't percieve me as being "Black" anymore. So as long as the media use's words like " black and white" to describe us, then we will always have racism in our society.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Yeah, this happens a lot in the black community, and its a huge problem in my opinion. People seem to think that in order to be "black" you have to act a certain way, talk a certain way, and be born and raised in a specific envirement. This way of thinking is whats seperating african-americans from the rest of america, and causing african-americans to not accept other african-americans. For example, I was born in Nothern phillidelphia (pretty rough area), but my parents moved us to the suburbs when I was 11. Every since I moved to the suburbs, whenever I would go visit my friends and family in the city, I would notice that they didn't accept me like they used to. Its like they didn't see me as one of them because I wasn't living in there envirment anymore. Since I didn't talk exactly like them anymore, and beacuse I wasn't into the same things they were into. They didn't percieve me as being "Black" anymore. So as long as the media use's words like " black and white" to describe us, then we will always have racism in our society.

Yea and no offense but the black community does that to each other all the time,what i mean is, it isnt good enough for some that hes black, theyll start picking him apart with examples like you just mentioned.
They may say at some point (for example only) "hes not black enough" hes a sellout to the black race" You understand what im talking about?
I agree also that hes definitely the best black candidate that ive seen ever and I would LOVE to see him put Hillary to shame and knock her out of the race to the white house.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Blackdude i know what you mean I am a light-skinned female so I know how we as a people can discriminate in our own community. I think someone brought that up in the news about Obama..That he is easy for whites to accept b/c he is lighter

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Unfortunately, many whites are going to see the skin color first, listen to the words second, if at all.

Vested interests might not like him, and want him out of the running for the White House. Doesn't neccessarily mean they'll kill him, rumour and ineuendo would suffice. Too many stereotypes out there concerning black men not to be effective. Groups are going to use them, count on it. Not just Republicans either. Remember Gennifer Flowers, etc... This low the Clinton machine will stoop, not neccessarily murder, but then again they won't have to. Odds are, the stereotypes will accomplish everything they need.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by spines
The evangelical christian population within this country must be kept in mind. Obama's stance on certain issues will not get him supported by that very large populace ...

How so? He goes to a 'black power' church, not an evangelical one.
He favors abortion, which goes against the grain of the evangelicals. I don't see them supporting him for any religious reasons at all.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I think FlyersFan argues strongly for your point Seagull. As long as the spin machines keep churning, some people in absolutely no position to know will be all too happy to chant "black power church" with little or no investigation of the matter- if those spoon-fed by the media can be made to believe that Obama's church is going to be calling the shots, storming state capitals with loaded weapons, etc etc... not to mention all of the muslim stuff (and I'd love to get an explanation of how people can say that he's a "black power christian" and a Muslim at the same time) then no need to kill him.

The question is, will that work on DEMOCRATS. We already know that the rank and file from either party are willing to believe the worst about eachother at the drop of a hat, but its the democratic primaries that will determine whether or not a motive to kill materializes.

Hillary Clinton is seen as intelligent and supremely qualified by many liberals, but I've never met anyone who was willing to seriously claim that Hillary didn't come across as mean. A coworker of mine, who is considerably more liberal than I will ever be prefers to say that she's "tough, probably a hell of a lot tougher than Bill actually"- but the understanding was there.
That raises a question of how well attacks that come from Hillary against Obama will be. It actually could drive marginal Hillary followers who aren't inclined towards Obama to a third person, creating a 3 way race early in the primaries... a 3-way race that isn't big enough for the both of them unless they want the guy behind door number 3 to win. So depending on how Hillary's "fear factor" plays out with Democratic voters early on, Obama is either complete history or an overnight sensation all over again after Iowa and that will be a big indicator of the danger to his life... he has to not get creamed- winning might not be realistic but he can't afford to get creamed if he wants the media to run for a day going, "this guy really can get the votes, we might see an upset on giga tues".)
Ideally, Hillary would stay off of Obama's butt and get a lesser candidate to hit the sacrifice fly- say what every ignoranamus is thinking so that they can vote their prejudices with a clean conscience in exchange for an appointed position.

In my mind it all boils down to whether or not the Obama smashing is as effective with Democrats as it is with Republicans... if that creates the necessity, I'm sure that even if it turned out that Hillary wouldn't give the order, somebody in that camp would make sure it got done. If they had to kill him, or if they had to get somebody close to him sent to prison, or whatever, I'm sure it would get done, and the personal infrastructure for a conspiracy is most certainly there, Clark being only one of the available options.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join