It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could this be the missing link between evolution and Intelligent Design???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   

According to classical evolutionary theory, phenotypic variation originates from random mutations that are independent of selective pressure. However, recent findings suggest that organisms have evolved mechanisms to influence the timing or genomic location of heritable variability.

Recent studies have given rise to the idea that Evolution aint that random as claimed before. As stated in the article up here :www.sysbio.harvard.ed... u/csb/verstrepen/assets/publications/Epigenetics_and_evolution_Cell_2007_Verstrepen.pdf

I never looked at evolution as something we could somehow control! If any1 has more on this subject plz u2u me plz!! this could mean we found a way to link the 2 most respected theories in the field together !

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
since anyone up here answered on what i see as a decent development in biology . i decided to try and get my thread back on the first page to give it some more attention. Come on y'all read the PDF its way to good to let it pass by unnoticed.

for the mods: If this is a bad thing ive don plz dont kill me

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Linking this to ID is a gigantic leap.

Basically it seems to be saying is that there is a mechanism which may be able to trigger a change in genetic variation. I didn't read much but this could be as simple as a chemical reaction to environmental stress having a direct effect on gametes.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
i know its somewhat difficult to link it with ID. But my guess is that there has to be a 'intteligent motion' to know when to start mutating.
It seems to me either something is telling those genes to mutate or they hold some knowledge of their surrounding?
Thx for the feedback !!

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
you're not just taking quite a leap here, you're taking the most massive leap in assumption possible. we find a completely natural process and you're invoking supernatural powers as a reason.

top topics

join