It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaskan Cruise!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
My family and I are currently planning an Alaskan cruise! This sounds so fun to me. I've never been on a cruise or Alaska so this will be a completley new experience for me. has anyone else been on an Alaskan cruise? i'm sure i dont need to ask but did you have fun? i'm pretty excited i just hope we dont hit any icebergs!

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Sounds great! I would love to do that so im jelouse lol,

Be sure when you do go that you tal lots of pics

Im sure some others will have some info for you, But gopsh what an experience,

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
So.... anyone know the drinking age in international waters..

hehehehe:w:

hopefully its just 18:w::w:

i'll be 20 by the time we leave but i hope its not 21

[edit on 15-5-2007 by biotic]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I found this:

Celebrity's Age policy

* The minimum drinking age for all alcoholic beverages on all Celebrity Cruises ships is 21 years of age.

- However, on ships in Europe, South America and Australia, where the legal drinking age is lower than 21, a parent who is sailing with his or her son(s) and/or daughter(s) who is between the ages of 18 to 20, may sign a waiver allowing the 18 to 20 year old to consume alcoholic beverages.

- The 18- to 20 year-old must agree to comply with Celebrity' Cruises’ policies, including among other things, agreeing to not provide alcoholic beverages to any other person, regardless of age. Restrictions apply, and this policy is subject to change without notice.

* An individual’s age on the date of sailing determines his or her status for the entire cruise vacation.

* Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports of call or from onboard shops will be stored by the ship and delivered to guest staterooms on the last day of the sailing. Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Celebrity Cruises’ Guest Vacation Policy may be enforced, up to and including disembarkation, if a guest violates any alcohol policy. Guests under the age of 21 will not have alcohol returned to them.

* Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Vacation Policies.

www.cruiseexperts.com...

Royal Caribbean was the same, so it's likely a law for ships sailing to/from US ports of call.

Sorry.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
haha damn! oh well, alcohol isn't necassary to have a good time but i'm sure you'll agree, it certainly helps!

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
well i just returned from my cruise yesterday(i am biotic) and had a great time.

i stayed in vancouver for 2 days before the ship left then spent about 7 days cruising up the alaskan coastline

i took tons of pictures.. heres a few.

vancouver skyline

vancouver again

the empress hotel in victoria, british colombia

buchart gardens, BC

salmon fishing

masonic temple in ketchikan, alaska

some of the many mountains and glaciers i saw

me and the family with our waiters the last night of the cruise

peace!

SR

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by biotic
So.... anyone know the drinking age in international waters..

hehehehe:w:

hopefully its just 18:w::w:

i'll be 20 by the time we leave but i hope its not 21

[edit on 15-5-2007 by biotic]

Dude that rocks i went to alsaka last month on a cruise it was hard though cause it was basically going cold turkey on that damn boat cause i aint 21 yet still i had an awesome time once in a lifetime thing, Vancouver rocks though especially the chinatown part lol would defintely live there when i'm older.

Hope you had an amazing time bro i know i'd defintely go back here's some the photos i took of that beautiful part of the country when i was in a helicopter:

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Phantom and SR, Thank you for the pics! I am dying to take an Alaska cruise, the 2 week one when I can save up enough money and the kids are a little older. I only did one cruie so far, a week long to Bermuda with four buddies back in the day. My bar tab far exceeded the price of the cruise but I have some humdinger stories to tell my grandchildren :w:

bio, enjoy the cruise and bring a camera! I want to see a pic of a bald eagle and one of you with a Shirley Temple,,,sorry couldn't resist, but I bet you will get to imbibe a lil.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I'm so jealous! I really want to go on an Alaskan Cruise one day- they are supposed to be awesome!

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Kellter

kellter, sorry if you were confused i am Biotic.

To RealOrNot, very awesome........Best vacation i've ever been on and i can't imagine anything better... unless of course i go back for 2 weeks instead of just 1

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Glad you had fun! Were you on Royal Caribbean? That's what the ship looks like.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
it was a princess cruise line ship called the island

one of their smaller ships, i think it holds around 800 passengers. just perfect. i hear some of the larger boats can hold up to twice as much as that :O

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Ooooooh. I get it now. I was wondering what had happened to biotic.

Lose your password, man?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
yea something like that

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
800 is kind of small for cruises but I think that can be a good thing. Sounds awesome!

top topics

join