It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the Deal with STEALING!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
i'm typing this out of pure frustration and anger. in the last 7 months i've had 2 ipods stolen, yes 2, and they were both stolen from my best friends house.. they were stolen from his house in a kick back atmosphere and their was only people in the house who we trusted not to take our belongings but what happened? They took something! Who can i trust? Dosn't everyone follow like a set of universal morals where its just wrong to do certain things (LIKE STEAL!) no matter who you are or where your from. its just so wrong, i dont see how one can live with the guilt. in the past year me and my group of friends have had a combined of 4 ipods stolen, over $600 cash, a game cube and tons of other things.

well theres my rant.. about stealing.. and how much i hate it

feel free to add on cuz i might

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I know how you feel. I have had stuff stolen from people who lived in the same house and although it doesn't amaze me that people steal, it does amaze me that it defies their intellect to figure out that it will be clear enough that they did it. It is like their defense is plausible deniability.

My ex wifes sister lived with us at one time long ago and left at the same time dozens of CD's left the house as well. Now, I know no one else was there and no one broke in, so it is obvious that she took them with her to Texas. So, what do these people think that no one will ever put two and two together and most people are extremely stupid???

See, now you got me ranting as well.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
See i've been in situations that are exactly the same as yours! what i mean is: I KNOW WHO STOLE MY EFFIN #!

to bad im a bit passive agressive and never really do anything about anything

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Stealing from a retail store is a crime which i would never have the guts to do- Stealing from a friend in my opinion, is even worser (yes, worser).

I'd suggest you dont take any valuables with you when y ou visit, and when people come to your house, hide everything!!!!!!!

I agree with you, its the lowest of things you can do.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I HATE THAT TOO! Oh man, you got me ranting too! Even when I was locked up I had
even in there, where you have NOTHING I got stuff stolen! ( good pictures that I drew all day in my cell! )

Man, I knock fools out right away if I'm 100 percent sure they stole something from me, and friends, well, I've learned that friends can't be trusted or nothing, so I'll beat they asses too if they steal
, unless its really good friends, but they wouldn't steal, and if they do, then they are disloyal and deserve to get they ass beat

man, this seriously can be one of the most freakin' ANNOYING things, it gets veins poppin 2ft out of my head and my eyes bulging like the Incredible Hulk.

Edit to add: there is only one person who I call a friend, I'd leave a million dollars with him and know that it will be safe, but its only one person, everyone else....

[edit on 15-4-2007 by Russian soldier]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I have had my amp stolen from my house. I have also had someone steal all of my cd's in my car. They tried to steal my car as well, but it was winter time and I left the lights on so my battery was drained and they couldn't steal my car. hahhahahahah Serves them right for being bastards and trying to steal it. I think thats probably the first time my stupidity had prevented a car from being stolen.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I had a cell phone stolen. It was stolen from my pocket!

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
OK I admit over the years I may have pilfered once or twice off a store, but never and I mean never off of a friend. How could you steal off a fiend???
That is just plain wrong.
If you can steal off a friend then you have no fiends, it’s that simple.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I remember when I was 5 or 6, I stole a few items from the Dollar Store. I agree, if you steal off of friends, then what kind of friend are you.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
honestly i have no problem with people who steal from stores. i dont condone it but at the same time i dont really care

but when people make it personal..........
:bash:

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I don't steal from stores any more. When I was a little kid, I didn't know what I was doing. The whole thing about people stealing from stores bothers me.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
You might be surprised to know that Piagett a psychological researcher, found that abstract morality - or the human decision to act according to conscience for conscience sake, and not be good just because the laws told them to, develops in only 25% of people; beginning around age 9 - if it hasn't asserted itself by the 20's, he feels it probably won't.

!!!

I think he underestimates people though, and given the right environment, abstract morality would develop fully in all but the biologically dysfunctional.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
clearwater

let me see if i understand what youre saying. so some people steal just cuz they dont want to follow the law? or rebel if you will. i can understand that.. i guess.. i mean its not me personally but yes, i can see how that works

but why do people steal from other people? personal belongings? especially when this person has been INVITED over.. some people just have no morals i guess

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
People who say they do not care if people steal from stores? hmm What is the difference between someone stealing from you personally or someone stealing something from a store? The people who own the store are people just like you. If something is stolen from them do you not think they are affected in a way just like you and me?

What about if you owned and managed a store and some punks kept coming in to your stole and started stealing things. Would you not be affected in the same way as if someone came to your house and stole something?

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
i think myself and others were talking about huge convinient stores like a wal mart or something

all it really comes down to is just dont steal. from anyone or anything. period!

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
lol... well that makes sense I could care less if someone stole from Walmart as well. They are known to spy on their employees and deserve to be stolen from.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
In my opinion, stealing is stealing, no matter if it is from a store. Stealing does bother me, it bothers me even more if it is one of your friends stealing from you.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Im an electrician, and although this isnt the same it still sucks!!

We eire houses, apartments, resturants etc.

People go in after we wire the and steal/cut our wires!

Well put up some sheet rock over wires that are cut and you have one mell of a hess!

I hope all stealers/thieves get what they have comming to them!!

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
biotic, no it's much worse, according to Piagett - 75% of people would steal regularly, they only don't because there's laws against it.

Only 25% of people, according to Piagett, don't steal because it's wrong to take another persons things. They don't need laws to tell them not to, they follow their conscience because they want to be good.

So according to one study, it would be a violent, theft ridden anarchy, without laws dictating people's behavior.

Most people know it's wrong, and do it anyway.
Some people have no twinge of conscience when they do it.
A small percentage of people don't do it, because they want to be good.

So unless you want to give something away, don't leave it lying around.
Either you misplaced it, or one of your friends wanted it more than they wanted you.

[edit on 17-4-2007 by clearwater]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I remember when I mistakenly took a co-workers MP3 player, thinking it was mine. Mine was still in my drawer, and his was identical to it.

Once I was in the parkinglot, and turned it on, I noticed the playlist wasn't mine, and immediately ran back inside to give the MP3 player back. I can't describe how guilty I felt, even if it was a simple mistake.

The guy hadn't even noticed it was gone. I apologized, he thought it was funny.

I wouldn't be able to steal from a person. I'd feel so sick to my stomache knowing how it would make the other person feel. I hate it when people steal from me, and I certainly wouldn't be able to deal with being the cause of such anger.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join