It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very WEIRD letter! Anyone know what this is about?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbocci
I'm actually concerned cos i tried ringing that number myself!

Im sure you will be ok, dont worry,
By the way nice avatar the killer is a great movie, chow yun-fat is such a great actor.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   
the envelope is the most important part at this point i would say a scan of that

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by mrbocci
I'm actually concerned cos i tried ringing that number myself!

Im sure you will be ok, dont worry,
By the way nice avatar the killer is a great movie, chow yun-fat is such a great actor.

Cheers, finding the letter quite creepy still though!

Yeah one of my all time favourite films, excellent actor!

Any one had any more luck with deciphering this letter then?

Dae

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by noc.east
Needless to say, I have not really discovered anything, just some simple math observations.

Here's my results:

Nice work! I dont have anything else to add to this thread except welcoming noc.east and their groovy calculations to ATS

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   
GODO= GO, DO = GO and DO the fololowing

But the way they are connected with the headline makes me believe that some letters willbe replaced with G/O or D/O

Let's see:
--HOV and we have G/D
--IKA and we have D/O

So we see HOV and in place of ''V'' we place ''G''=HOG
the same
IKA and in place of ''I'' we place ''O''=OKA

As a result, we have:
HOG OKA= HOG with OKA= HOG with potatoes once OKA=OCA=sweet potatoes...

Wiki:OKA

The oca or oka is a perennial plant grown in the central and southern Andes for its starchy edible tuber, used as a root vegetable. Its leaves and young shoots can be eaten as a green vegetable as well. Introduced to Europe in 1830 as a competitor to the potato and to New Zealand as early as 1860, it has become popular in that country under the name New Zealand yam and is now a common table vegetable.

The oca is one of the important staple crops of the Andean highlands, second only to the potato due to its easy propagation

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Let's sum up

#Hog with potatoes
#Go and DO the following
#Then take an iron pan, place it as an iron wall
#Now, take a clay tablet
#Take wheat and barley, beans and lentils, millet and spelt; put them in a storage jar and use them to make bread for yourself
#At 13:00 english time

Comments?

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
i may have found what "HOV IKA" it means the debt of ika in hebrew
ika is from the book of Lamentations and mentioned in ezekiel 7
about greed , slaving yourself to "gold" and even cosiderd to be idol worship. i would inset a link but it would be in hebrew.
well thats all i got so far but ill continue posting suggestions , if ill have any more.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I am not sure what all this means. I am just as much in the dark as anyone else except for one thing.

Someone made mention of that Ezekial verse being 4:11.

I have had synchronicities of 4:10 and 4:11 for over ten years now. I don't know what they mean, except that 4 X 10 = 40 can mean a time of testing in the Bible. Without a starting point this too is meaningless.

That drew my attention mainly because 4:10 or 11 is my magic number.

Dont ask me what it means, but I have been shown that I should be aware of it.

I think to solve this involves two things; one is to interpret the image as a left and right just as you would not read Hebrew from left to right as it is opposite. Also, I think the three columns of wood flowing from the top of the image are actually rivers of water.

This is just my two cents.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Besides the 'semantics' of the letter, something else puzzles me..Is there any significance in the number of copies of the image in each letter? Is each page identical??

Also, there maybe something significant in the way the sheets were stapled together. Not on the top left-hand side as you would normally expect to find so you could read the collection of pages as a whole, left-to-right. But on the top-right hand side, so the pages are read in the 'reverse' to conventional order?

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I'm beginning to think the intended message, if there is one, is much simpler than what any of us are thinking it 'might be'. I think we're overlooking ..

It's probably a random image drawn up by some kid in Hovika, Norway, as a sketch for his "Norwegian Death Metal" band's album cover.

Ding ding ding, I think I may have won.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
maybe even simpler than that...

What if it was designed as a way of generating loads of hits on blogg boards such as ATS??

Maybe the person who created the image is the person who resides at the address the phone number terminates at and he is trying to see how many phone hits he can get.... measuring them by answer machine...

Good marketing ploy huh??

LoL Just a thought....

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Ummm... Has no one yet considered the possibility of Ezekiel 19:14?

'zeke 19 only has 14 verses in it, the last of which is:

KJV: "And fire is gone out of a rod of her branches, which hath devoured her fruit, so that she hath no strong rod to be a sceptre to rule. This is a lamentation, and shall be for a lamentation."

Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense out of context, but when taken in context is rather disturbing. Ezekiel is the story of Israel going astray and God sending a message to the Israelites. Zeke 19 is a funeral song for Israel's kings, and Ezekiel 19:14 might be better read like this:

NLT: "A fire has burst out from its branches
and devoured its fruit.
Its remaining limbs are not
strong enough to be a ruler’s scepter."

There's a lot of odd numbers mentioned in the book of Ezekiel, which I'm still gathering to see if there's any relevance to the picture, but it seems to me like this fax is some sort of message about a pending attack on Israel's leadership.

Does anyone more familiar with Israel than I am see any corellation with either the Hebrew language, Cabalistic numerology, or Israel's leadership?

For those without a Bible or the inclination to look it up, the entire chapter of Ezekiel 19 reads as follows:

1 “Sing this funeral song for the princes of Israel:

2 “What is your mother?
A lioness among lions!
She lay down among the young lions
and reared her cubs.
3 She raised one of her cubs
to become a strong young lion.
He learned to hunt and devour prey,
and he became a man-eater.
4 Then the nations heard about him,
and he was trapped in their pit.
They led him away with hooks
to the land of Egypt.

5 “When the lioness saw
that her hopes for him were gone,
she took another of her cubs
and taught him to be a strong young lion.
6 He prowled among the other lions
and stood out among them in his strength.
He learned to hunt and devour prey,
and he, too, became a man-eater.
7 He demolished fortresses[a]
and destroyed their towns and cities.
Their farms were desolated,
and their crops were destroyed.
The land and its people trembled in fear
when they heard him roar.
8 Then the armies of the nations attacked him,
surrounding him from every direction.
They threw a net over him
and captured him in their pit.
9 With hooks, they dragged him into a cage
and brought him before the king of Babylon.
They held him in captivity,
so his voice could never again be heard
on the mountains of Israel.

10 “Your mother was like a vine
planted by the water’s edge.
It had lush, green foliage
because of the abundant water.
11 Its branches became strong—
strong enough to be a ruler’s scepter.
It grew very tall,
towering above all others.
It stood out because of its height
and its many lush branches.
12 But the vine was uprooted in fury
and thrown down to the ground.
The desert wind dried up its fruit
and tore off its strong branches,
so that it withered
and was destroyed by fire.
13 Now the vine is transplanted to the wilderness,
where the ground is hard and dry.
14 A fire has burst out from its branches
and devoured its fruit.
Its remaining limbs are not
strong enough to be a ruler’s scepter.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith
Besides the 'semantics' of the letter, something else puzzles me..Is there any significance in the number of copies of the image in each letter? Is each page identical??

Also, there maybe something significant in the way the sheets were stapled together. Not on the top left-hand side as you would normally expect to find so you could read the collection of pages as a whole, left-to-right. But on the top-right hand side, so the pages are read in the 'reverse' to conventional order?

Got me thinking, each part of the riddle gives an indication for the next part of the riddle and so on. All the people who are attatching numbers to letters, could just me usig the wrong alphabet, the staple could be telling us that we are to use a language that reads from right to left, like Hebrew, now see the Hebrew alphabet : www.themagickalreview.org...

The letters in this alphabet also use number values, including "thousand" values.

Anyway I might just be thinking too much, just may be some fanatic guys who are into norwegian black metal...

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonlike
GODO= GO, DO = GO and DO the fololowing

Actually, I noticed in the image that the O in God is actually an input, computerized 0. As in, the number Zero.

This guy needs some help. And a lot of it.

I'd recommend, to any psychies amustering in the group consc., whatever ya' got handy. 1st round, on me.

HAHA!

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CEDRICtheFOETUS

i24.photobucket.com...

Anyone know ahat this is and what it means?

Thanks in advance

I was just surfing around when I came across this thread. I joined ATS specifically to post this.

I found this "letter" to be a challenging puzzle. I'll assume a number of people, scientists, etc, have already done some basic math as I did and found some interesting results, which could quite possibly be just someone who is a math wizard having fun or... some kind of message.

Needless to say, I have not really discovered anything, just some simple math observations.

Here's my results:

The following is addition unless I note otherwise.

Get some paper and a pencil.
First, add all the four digit lines together like this,

5993 + 6000 = 11,993
6000 + 6993 = 12,993
6993 + 7000 = 13,993
7000 + 7070 = 14,070
7070 + 7077 = 14,147
7077 + 7077 = 14,154
TOTAL= 81,350

Then, add each boxed group like this,
+
+
=18,986

Then add all boxed groups together
and you'll find they all add up to 81,350,
just as you added in the first example.
In other words, if you add horizontially
or vertically, your answer will always be 81,350.

My next observation is when you added vertically above,
you take the first line, 11,993 and subtract 12,993, you get -1000.
I tried to chart it out below, it looks interesting...

- (minus)
12,993 = (minus) -1000 (obviously)

THEN

- (minus)
13,993 = (minus) -1000 (not hard)

THEN

- (minus)
14,070 = (minus) -77 (starts to get strange here)

THEN

- (minus)
14,147 = (minus) -77

THEN
- (minus)
14,154 = (minus) -7

Now add all of you 'minuses' together for a total of 2161
then minus from that the last horizontal calculation of 14,154
and you'll get a (minus) -11,993 which is the exact opposite
of the sum of the first horizontial calculation.
Makes you feel like you're going in circles, doesn't it ?

Move along to the top center small square.
7 minus 993 equals (minus) -986, minus 7 equals (minus) -993.
the exact opposite of the center number in that square, the same
result of the the previous excersize, a negative result.

On to the lower center small square, again, by adding 7-7=0, minus
7 equals (minus) -7, it's almost like a message all of these calculations are
ending up the exact opposite of something else.

However if you ADD 7 + 993 + 7 you get 1007, backwards that would be
7001 and a possible representation of that center '7000' minus the 1 (or) One HOVIKA ??

Moreover if you add 7 + 993 + 7 you get 1007 Minus 7000 (what's in the center of the four squares) you get a minus -5993, the exact opposite of the first number in the first (upper left) square!

I can only imagine there could be other interesting calculations that I haven't discovered for myself.

Whoever put this together is attempting to send a message. What that message is, is beyond me. It could be as simple as that person(s) love for
math or something more involved.

I can't make out all the smaller letters below 'GODO' and I tried to run
'HOVIKA GODO' through the Internet Anagram Server with no seemingly significant luck.
wordsmith.org... .

I spent an hour or so on this, I am by NO stretch of the imagination a math wizard, in fact I'm using a calculator, I am in sales and have worked as a radio DJ for a number of years, I just find this interesting in that it could be a message to all of humanity about something important to our planet or species or a message to all of humanity about simple math.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I've been trying to figure out if the shape itself represents anything. It appears to be composed of two seperate types of crosses. At the bottom is the "Cross of Lorraine"

from here
This particular cross form was the arms of the Patriarch of Jerusalem, who granted its use to the Knights Templar. (See also Templar Cross.)

The Duke of Lorraine, Godefroy de Boullion, used this cross for his standard when he took part in the capture of Jerusalem. The cross was then passed on to his successors as heraldic arms...

...But on the infamous side, Lorraine saw poison gas used extensively in WWI to choke soldiers to death. From this macabre history, the American Lung Association has adopted the Lorraine Cross as its emblem to help in its fight against lung disease. Poison gas in WWI killed an estimated 91,198 soldiers...

So... that's yet another reference to Israel's leadership, and now there's even a reference to a type of weapon.

At the top of the symbol we find what appears to be the Broken Cross.

from here

The Broken Cross has Pagan roots, being the inverse of the Pythagorean symbol for life and Teutonic rune of death, and is vogue with Wiccans and Satanists.
It can represent the antithesis of all that Christianity stands for.

Some see breaking a cross as a way to protest against Christianity. An example of this has been witnessed in recent years in Armenia (see Khachkar Cross).

The Broken Cross has been called a Neronic Cross or Nero's Cross in recognition of Nero's attempt to suppress the rise of Christianity

While I'm not too sold on their ability to distinguish Satanists from Wiccans, this would certainly fit into the theme of a threat against Israel. Alternately, the top ideogram might also be the bottom half of the Baptismal Cross. In fact, it a lot more closely resembles this symbol except for the fact it lacks the upper half.

from here.
The Baptismal Cross is a Greek Cross superimposed on an 'X' (Greek: chi). This chi is the first letter of the Greek word for Christ. (See also Chi-Rho Cross.)

It was used in ancient Egypt as a symbol of the Ogdoad, the primeval forces of chaos in Egyptian mythology, represented as eight deities which existed before the creation of the sun god. (See also Taranis Cross.)

In Catholicism, the eight arms represent both the age of baptism in the church (eight years), and the eight days between Christ's entry into Jerusalem and his resurrection.

Another reference to Egypt, which is heavily referenced in Ezekiel, another reference to Israel, but why only the lower half of the Baptismal Cross? Perhaps a directional reference, such as the threat coming from Southern Egypt?

[edit on 4/17/2007 by thelibra]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
There was a critical bit of information left out of the OP on this thread. When I went to check out the Sheffeild forum, there was this received...

Quoting the OP on Sheffield because the other numbers are probably pretty important...

from Sheffield Forum
My boss received a very odd peice of post to his home...

The envelope had shaky handwriting on, and inside were several A6 pieces of paper; all with the same thing photocopied onto them and stapled together in sets of 3-4 in the top right corner.

Here

There was also a thin strip of paper with 01484 359418 written on.
I've tried phoning the number (cos I'm nosey) and it rang for ages with no answer.

So this answers several questions posted in the thread about wther or not they were different, how they were stapled, and of course, that critical bit about the phone number.

[edit on 4/17/2007 by thelibra]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Hi im new to this forum but if its any constelation the picture looks like a first world war memorial to me!

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siras
Hi im new to this forum but if its any constelation the picture looks like a first world war memorial to me!

How do you see that ? explain ?

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Dragonlike to understand your syllogism we need to open a new thread and decifer your theory which is totally different from what others promote. Can't you speak comprehensibly?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join