It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very WEIRD letter! Anyone know what this is about?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
woah thats a weird thing to get in the mail! this would definitly freak me out! i'm going to flag this thread cuz im interested in where this could lead

cool post!

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The lines in the picture seem to be hand drawn, as they are a little shaky and some slop down, so they couldn't have been done by a ruler. I don't think any human could draw those lines, and the handwriting seems too "normal" if you know what I mean. I tried translating the words in all the languages on Google Translate, but nothing came up, they seem to be Latin, though.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CEDRICtheFOETUS
Anyone know ahat this is and what it means?

Um...no.
But, I'm totally playing the Powerball and the Lotto now.

No, seriously.
This is really interesting.

I'm keeping an eye on this one.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
img169.imageshack.us...

if we could find out what that word up there means that would be awsome.. try to find latin transalator? also 993 is up there a lot.. 1993? anything happen in that year that was big? also world war one started in 1914, wich is the same year that had the CHRISTMAS truce where both sides didnt kill for christmas keyword is christmas involving god..

maybe a message from god?

[edit on 15-4-2007 by jnxmcn]

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
All I know is that I would not want to get that in the mail.

I don't know what to think of it.

Most likely something created by someone to just keep people guessing what it means.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Isthistaken
If it was a piece of paper, fold it like you would into a paper airplane and see what you get. Just a hunch, judging by the geometry.

I had tought on that printed it and fold it in the middle(it seems logical because of the vertical center line, is asking to be folded.

The above HOVIKA becomes, HO \ KA and GODO becomes GO.

When i fold i got below 4, 3x4 matrix the middle column is hidden by the folding.

I don't know if the numbers are an algebric matrix of 3x4 ( 3+4=7), because it looks to me that the middle column is where the instructions are , the key to solve the puzzle.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I typed Hovika into google and I got like a Czech site and a Hungarian site. So I assume it must be slavic (Hungarian is Ugric mixed with slavic though...)

I asked Russian soldier he said it means nothing in Russian for one thing and I also typed the word into an online translator and tried Czech to English got nothing and then tried Hungarian to English and I got nothing. But I find some sources that lead me to believe its the name of a place.

Really perplexed here...

[edit on 4/15/2007 by Kacen]

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
Theres a repeating math equation going on here.

it adds in intervals of 7, then 993, then 7, then 993, up to the point of reaching 7000, where it only adds in intervals of 7.

the first number, 5993, subtract 993 and you have 5000, minus 7 and you have 4993, and so on, all the way to 0.

but why the writer changes it to just 7's after 7000 is reached is odd. and also, another odd thing is that it goes from 7000 to 7070, as if 70 were added.

it goes:

7000 + 70 = 7070
7070 + 7 = 7077
7077 + 7 = 7077

the last one stays the same even though 7 was added again, and that also makes three 7's. And it also makes seven 7's on the last line of text.

perhaps the seven 7's are of significance? it ends @ seven 7's.

call me crazy but maybe this is some kind of weird, gnostic blessing?

Edit: no, wait, ive got more.

8914 minus 7000 is 1914 like it says. 1914 is the year world war I started.

[edit on 4/15/2007 by runetang]

Following the direction of the arrow
from downside towards up

What happened At 7-7-1914?
July--------7
Sunday----7

Wiki
July 7 - Austria-Hungary: Council of Ministers, including Ministers for Foreign Affairs and War, Chief of General Staff and Naval Commander-in-Chief; Council lasts from 11.30 a.m. to 6.15 p.m.

www.worldwar1.com...
The Austro-Hungarian Ministerial Council meets to consider the implications of the 'blank check'. Some sort of action will be taken against Serbia. Hungarian Prime Minister Tisza voices reservations on these plans.

Black check?
what have you done to your boss?

HIN=H in, perhaps H is a variable
www.biblegateway.com...

Also measure out a sixth of a hin of water and drink it at set times.

so we have Ezekiel 4:11
but we have only 10 letters!!(?)

[edit on 15-4-2007 by Dragonlike]

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I don't believe the answer is on plain sight.
Even the number won't mean much as they are shown.

The middle column is the encryption key.
The ondulated lines i think they represent the ideia of a liquid, that's why it's written on the middle column, the HIN (biblical liquid measure = 1Gal US).

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Very strange! I love puzzles. ;]

I wonder if the boss knows/has encountered someone who is schizophrenic.
Could mean something only to the author of the letter, if you could even call it that.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Also measure out a sixth of a hin of water and drink it at set times.

so we have Ezekiel 4:11

measure out a sixth of a hin
(I don't know what exactly means ''measure out'') so i guess
H in=11
(1/6) of 11=(1/6)*11=1,83333333...
so we keep 1, 8, 3

still following the direction of the arrow

H O V I K A
G O D O
HOGVODIOKA
10 letters
We take the first, the eighth and the third
HOG
HOG=pig,
bad man

Conclusion:black check, Hog

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tunin
From Sheffield's forum, about the numbers:

As our race approaches its physical end and its metamorphosis to a mental-spiritual state, our ids are breaking free from social constraints. This 'break-out' is an important factor underlying the worldwide increase of violence and crime.

The nuclear mushroom-cloud is symbolic of id-release.

There is no need for questions or answers in Heaven.

Each one of us is a new universe in the making: Our individuality is unique.

What evidence do we have which is independent of human perception? None! What human perception is unaffected by gene-programming? None! What evidence do we have which is unaffected by gene-programming? None!

All monads are transfinite beings ... and existence is an aggregation of individual transfinite universes, along with their finite expressions.

And a few more:

As new oceanic crust was formed, to accommodate expanding Earth volume, it welled up at ocean construction ridges adjacent to land masses and pushed out new magma to each side of the ridges. The new ocean floor, on the land mass side, accreted to the land mass plate. An example is the action of the mid-Atlantic construction ridge. The present ridge may be seen to follow the contours of the coast of western Europe and Africa. Ocean crust to the east of the ridge has become part of the Eurasian plate in the north and has become part of the African plate in the south.

The Absolute participates absolutely, in each and all of its expressions.

Source: www.normanspencer.co.nz...

----

Now, one thing that I noticed is, the picture is full of arithmetic expressions, like:

5993 + 7 = 6000
6000 + 993 = 6993
6993 + 7 = 7000

And later on:

7000 + 7 (somehow) = 7070
7070 + 7 = 7077

Maybe it all means that, the message 5993 plus message 7 leads to 6000, and so on.

I'll they to find out a little bit more, but pay attention to the message 993, Atlantis related maybe?

I think it is brilliant of TUNIN to have recognised the numbers as coming from Norman Spenser's THE NETWORK PROPOSITIONS. I gave you a way up vote for that. I am not familiar with his work. Looks very interesting and I'm in for some work now reading them.
So then, the message in part lies in the Propositions referenced.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
The links were already on the sheffieldforums websites, he merely copied it onto ATS...

As for the letter, quite cryptic. Could be a load of bull, could have some meaning.

It's interesting that on the sheffield site they mention how a few of them received similar letters. This could merely mean a). a local prank b). a local person sending word across town c). a non localized event, but only in this area people mentioned it.

I can't really say the significance of such a letter, but it is quite interesting.

Looks like I'll be studying this for the next few days when I should be doing work, damnit

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
That symbol seems to be tiwaz...

Keywords / Magical:
Justice, victory, self-sacrifice, analysis, world order

www.futhark.com...

Also, I doubt this has any significance, but HOV and IKA are both IATA airport codes.

HOV is in Møre og Romsdal, Norway, and IKA is in Tehran, Iran

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
This reminds me of how some alternate reality games start... But I have no clue what that code means :p

Gonna follow this though...

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
To me it looks like its saying:

Jehovah
God
Ezekiel 15:15

since there is no verse 15 in ezekiel 15, i'm not sure why the double 15 reference unless it's asking you to start with the fifteenth letter of the first verse of Ezekiel 15 or the fifteenth word, or if it wants you to arrange ezekiel into a 15x15 grid.

then the numbers at the bottom look like bible code matrices
i suggest checking out some bible coding software

[edit on 16-4-2007 by undo]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I jsut did it up in phoshop abit to better explain my questions

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
since there is no verse 15 in ezekiel 15, i'm not sure why the double 15 reference unless it's asking you to start with the fifteenth letter of the first verse of Ezekiel 15

Huh?????

Where are you seeing a referance to double 15 ?

I've been looking at this all evening and am no closer to seeing an answer than when I started.

Quicksilver I like your train of thought. I've been folding pieces of paper for the last hour, butcan find nothing.

[edit on 16-4-2007 by Seeker PI]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker PI

Originally posted by undo
since there is no verse 15 in ezekiel 15, i'm not sure why the double 15 reference unless it's asking you to start with the fifteenth letter of the first verse of Ezekiel 15

Huh?????

Where are seeing a referance to double 15 ?

I've been looking at this all evening and am no closer to seeing an answer than when I started.

Add up the numbers
8+9+1+4=22-7=15
1+9+1+4=15

so perhaps a magic square, dimensions of 15x15

mathworld.wolfram.com...

then input ezekiel into the square.
then using the matrices at the bottom of the page,
select the letters in the square.

i'm not sure. i'm not a crypto person

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link