It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kurt Nimmo Asks: Is Bill O'Reilly a CIA Operative?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Kurt Nimmo Asks: Is Bill O'Reilly a CIA Operative?

prisonplanet.com/articles/april2007/130407Nimmo.htm
prisonplanet.com

Mr. O’Reilly:

I am, of course, not surprised you did not respond to my last email, or the one before that. Naturally, a man of your stature and influence need not reply to critics, especially small fish critics from the blogosphere. Even so, I believe it is worth a try to send yet another email your way, however futile the attempt, and ask yet another question.

Mr. O’Reilly, do you work for the CIA, or have you ever worked for the CIA?

It appears the journalist Carl Bernstein has evidence you worked for Operation Mockingbird, the CIA’s operation to “influence the domestic and foreign media,” as Wikipedia deems it. I believe the word “influence” is incorrect here, as the CIA and other government agencies have taken over the corporate media lock, stock, and barrel.
(visit the link for the full news article).

[edit on 15-4-2007 by brill]

mod edit to use "ex" tags
Quote Reference.

[edit on 15-4-2007 by sanctum]

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

link   
So it appears that the king of ambush journalism Bill O'Reilly himself may be a CIA operative. An open letter was sent to Mr. O'Reilly asking if he worked for the CIA but as expected no reply. Honestly given the mans loudmouth and bias opinion I would have expected he might offer some feedback. Now I realize WikiPedia has about as much integrity if not more than Fox but Carl Bernstein I feel is someone we can read at face value. The nice part is that O'Reilly's ratings are dropping which means less fodder for the CIA and even better less Bill O'Reilly.

prisonplanet.com/articles/april2007/130407Nimmo.htm
prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

link   
Just to add:

Activists curious about the workings of MOCKINGBIRD have since been appalled to find in FOIA documents that agents boasting in CIA office memos of their pride in having placed "important assets" inside every major news publication in the country. It was not until 1982 that the Agency openly admitted that reporters on the CIA payroll have acted as case officers to agents in the field.

src: www.whatreallyhappened.com...

brill

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
They are basing their assumption that O’Reilly is a CIA operative from a post they read on wikipedia? That is a dangerous jump to make. What is the evidence? Can it be backed up by any other sources that cannot be edited by anyone on the Internet?

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Bill O'Reilly wishes!!!!

Fox does have a "security" department comparable to "Homeland Security" and he will tell his callers and guests who disagree with him he WILL turn them over.
And i hear he REALLY DOES!!!!

What a wannabe ____________fill in the blank.!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime

They are basing their assumption that O’Reilly is a CIA operative from a post they read on wikipedia? That is a dangerous jump to make. What is the evidence? Can it be backed up by any other sources that cannot be edited by anyone on the Internet?

Like I said wikipedia is not a reputable source and there is no assumption here. It was Carl Bernstein who staked claim that he has evidence which indicates that O'Reilly worked for Operation Mockingbird.

brill

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I'd like to see this evidence Bernstein (boy, I love that name
) has.
I've heard that the CIA has lots of operatives in every major news outlet all over the world, yeah...like that comes as a surprise

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   

They are basing their assumption that O’Reilly is a CIA operative from a post they read on wikipedia?

No. You should be able to find info on Project Mockingbird (which was in the 50s or 60s?) at a library, or at least Bernstein-related articles in archives of the New York Times and whatever the other involved magazine was, Hustler maybe, in the late 70s/early 80s when that stuff also came out.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
bill o reilly is a traitor. He's not a cia operative, hes not smart, hes not intelligent. Hes a lieing scumbag traitor, don't read to much into him. It's in plain site, everyone who is lieing is a lieing scumbag traitor to human life. How can you guys not smell the greed. We live in a capitalist society.

"Joo know what capitalism is? Getting phucked!" - Tony Montana Scarface

The truth is that the banking system has been screweing people for decades. Now that we can share information rapidly via the Internet they are desperately seeking to police people from knowing to much.

The way we can eliminate banks is going back to the barter system, not accepting gold, silver, and money for anything. The world should collectively adopt another method. Thats the only way

[edit on 15-4-2007 by rrahim1]

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Okay, please satisfy my curiosity.

How is Bill O'Reily a traitor?

And don't just say "because he's greedy", or other such nonsense.

Look, I'm not defending him, but in this current society, the word "traitor" carries a very heavy weight with it.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
So, Wu Kung

I'd like to see this evidence Bernstein (boy, I love that name ) has.
...sound like an anti-semitic shot, unless of course you really are genuflecting before one of the people that brought Nixon down.

Have some respect towards your betters, dude.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Ouch!

Well, Johnny, you sure do seem quick to judge someone you don't even know.
Bernstein happens to be my last name.

So, how 'bout that?
Feel stupid yet?
Or, by asking, am I wasting my time and annoying you?

[edit on 4/15/2007 by wu kung]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
O'Reily certainly is not a very good CIA operative. He is slowly drifting into an unbalanced state as time goes by...he has gotten too caught up in constant debate and it is eating at his sanity. Don't get me wrong though...I "like" O'Reilly and wish there were more like him, but without the huge ego.

I certainly enjoyed him calling out Jesse Jackson. But most of the time he just overtalks those that have good points as he falls into his debate team antics, where truth isn't the goal but winning the debate is.

CIA operative name calling sounds like someone trying to discredit O'Reilly because even if he was, it would be unprovable, because hell he works for the CIA they won't tell us!! You can't trust the CIA! Thus a great lie that can never be falsified. Smells pretty fishy to me.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by brill
Like I said wikipedia is not a reputable source and there is no assumption here. It was Carl Bernstein who staked claim that he has evidence which indicates that O'Reilly worked for Operation Mockingbird.

brill

I can't find any evidence that Carl Bernstein said anything of the sort about O'Reilly. Maybe he did or maybe he didn't but the only place that seems to say so is wikipedia and there are no sources attached for it. Everyone else just seems to be quoting the wikipedia article which is a bad idea if you know how wikipedia works.

Originally posted by bsbray11
No. You should be able to find info on Project Mockingbird (which was in the 50s or 60s?) at a library, or at least Bernstein-related articles in archives of the New York Times and whatever the other involved magazine was, Hustler maybe, in the late 70s/early 80s when that stuff also came out.

I know what Project Mockingbird is and the magazine was "CIA and the Media", Rolling Stone Magazine, 20 October 1977. The problem is that the O'Reilly factor is a News show on Fox, maybe started in the late 1990's (???).

Here is the Wikipedia page.
en.wikipedia.org...

There was a section on that page that said Carl Bernstein has evidence to prove "these programs" were being controlled by the CIA. THEN, there was a list of current running news programs. The O'Reilly Factor was listed on that list but there was no source sited for the accusation.

I just checked the site a few minutes ago that entire section has been removed. It no longer appears on the Operation Mockingbird wikipedia site and I see there is now a link at the top of the page stating that "This article or section does not adequately cite its references or sources. Any material not supported by sources may be challenged and removed at any time. This article has been tagged since April 2007."

I have a feeling the whole thing was bogus and someone at prisonplanet.com actually edited the wikipedia file for their article or the writer Kurt Nimmo did it himself. Could have been just someone who hates Bill O'Reilly too. There are enough of them out there. lol

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Its a fine line.
Clearly, he pushed the reasoning for the Iraq war to the most of his limits.
He was biased, he was Pro-Bush and Pro- war the whole way.
He never doubted the Bush story either, there's a good chance he's a stooge thats been placed knowing full well he'll spout the propoganda with force.
And he's a pretty intimidating guy!

You only need to look at the footage of him debating with the young protestor, where he drags the boys parents into the argument, then comes back saying the boy accused BUSH of being responsible for 911.

He has to much of a positive stance towards Bush and Iraq for him to be a genuine media news reader, he never critiques both sides he simply spouts the pro-iraq/pro-bush side.

What does it take to work for the CIA?

'' Hey bill, make us out to be right, and we'll make it worth your while.. a few enveloupes here, a few bucks there, just keep saying we're right and use your intimidating attitude towards the public ''

thats very possible, I wouldnt call it working for the CIA, id say he was earning some buck on the side, and going along with the programme.

I mean after all, some of the crap he talks about in regards to Iraq, WMD's and Bush.. well... not even the dumbest monkey still believes it...

unless ur being paid too.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
surely the CIA is not so stupid to hire such a loud mouthed blow hard. His ego alone would make him a risk.... it would all but require him to spill the beans just to make himself look big.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by wu kung

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Ouch!

Well, Johnny, you sure do seem quick to judge someone you don't even know.
Bernstein happens to be my last name.

So, how 'bout that?
Feel stupid yet?
Or, by asking, am I wasting my time and annoying you?

[edit on 4/15/2007 by wu kung]

You're right, wu kung...I was quick to judge and for that I apologise. Do I feel stupid? Nope. This is a conspiracy forum and it attracts all kinds. I see a lot of comments that point to a barely concealed racism, especially with all of this Imus stuff going on.

I'm assuming that you're Jewish. How many threads have you followed that end up blaming the 'Joooos' for most of what's wrong with the world. That scares me, and it hits my radar every time. Did I jump the gun here? Apparently. Will I be more careful? Yes. Do I feel stupid? Nope.

Are you wasting anybody's time by calling me on it? Hell, no.

But I'll tell you, the Big Boys are afraid of Bernstein. I'd listen to what he has to say. Pals now?

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I know what Project Mockingbird is and the magazine was "CIA and the Media", Rolling Stone Magazine, 20 October 1977. The problem is that the O'Reilly factor is a News show on Fox, maybe started in the late 1990's (???).

Oh. Well then I guess our confusion is that you've assumed they've stopped, whereas I see today's media as much more commandeered than the media of the past few decades.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Oh. Well then I guess our confusion is that you've assumed they've stopped, whereas I see today's media as much more commandeered than the media of the past few decades.

Not at all. I would actually be shocked if they stopped. All I am saying is that I cannot find any source proving that Carl Bernstein said he has evidence that Bill O'Reilly is working for the CIA other than the Wikipedia article which has since been removed for not having a source. It appears to me at this point that this story is an Internet hoax. My concern is not even for O'Reilly but for creditable journalists like Bernstein. They do not need false quotes printed on the Internet.

[edit on 16-4-2007 by zerotime]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Bill O'Reilly is too stupid to work for the CIA. Hell I think a chimp is smarter then O'Reilly. Speaking of chimps hows the old Puppet President Bush doing? His Illuminati masters must be proud.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join