It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pyramids, a webcam and a UFO.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
While searching for suitable webcams to facilitate a 'group UFO watch', I came across this item on a Pyramid site. I thought it looked interesting enough to post for discussion.

www.pyramidcam.com...

Wednesday, April 4th - This object captured by our camera on March 30th was called to our attention by Ildege Bergervin, who sent in a screen capture of it. We looked it up in our archives and sure enough, there it was. It's hard to tell if it's really saucer shaped or cylinder like. We have no air ships (Derigibles) here to my knowledge and it does not look like any of our known birds or insects close up. Go here to have a view of the original hi-res image. Download it and process it and see what you come up with.

link

```````````````````````````
replaced image with url - stretching page

[edit on 15/4/07 by masqua]

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
why looks pretty real well done for finding it im no epert so wait a while for them to come on the boards they will be able to help you out,

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Interesting shot, masqua. If it was picked up by w webcam I'm wondering if there are more frames of it available, though it would not surprise if it were only captured on one if it were moving fast and not stationary.
Neat post.

Dallas

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
This is the second UFO pic I've seen from the live Pyramids camera. If they are genuine UFOs, it's pretty cool to see that they have interest in the great pyramids. Perhaps they have some sort of connection with the structures.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I'm sure there is a theory suggesting that the aliens helped build the pyramids and they meant to hold alien technology only a theory tough

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Its not a ufo.

If oyu have a lok at the rest of the picture, allt he buildings, pyramids, etc look nice a clean images. (apart from the dust on the lens from the dust storm).

But that object is not pictured well and looks out of focus. It's a smudge of something i swear. It's not a ufo.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
It looks like a bug to me, I can see wings, legs and a body quite clearly.

I would draw a diagram, but the details are too hard to pick out with my shaky Paint skills.

Also, to be that big in the picture, it has to be either a bug, or a craft so massive that loads of people would have seen it.

Webcams are always catching pictures of bugs and I'm fairly sure this is what has happened in this example.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Given the buildings at the bottom of the shot appear in focus and everything beyond them, including the pyramids, I would have to conclude that the object that is out of focus is quite close to the camera, maybe as close as a couple of feet or metres.

Although not immediately identifiable, I would hold fire on this being a siginificant UFO sighting.

[edit on 15-4-2007 by Koka]

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Masqua!
What an INTERESTING image. Wonder what the heck it is but it does look metallic... whatever it is, it looks so out of place. I wonder how long it was there before that person found it and snapped a screenshot of it?

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Couple of feet.. I had initially thought perhaps as much as a couple of thousand feet Koka. But after your post I took another look and concur it seems much closer than I had first thought. Great eye.

As Palasheea suggests, it does seem metallic too.

Dallas

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I think it's just some insect flying by.

Not only it is the only thing out of focus, like the dust on the lens, as it looks like an insect.

It is easier to see after a Gamma correction.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The gamma correction really brought out the detail, Artmap. You can now clearly see the motion blurred wings.

Nice work

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
interesting post. I was searching through the website and found other pictures..not sure if they have been posted here before, but definatly worth taking a look at!

Heres the link:

www.pyramidcam.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
I think it's just some insect flying by.

Not only it is the only thing out of focus, like the dust on the lens, as it looks like an insect.

It is easier to see after a Gamma correction.

I'm not an image analyst but have seen quite a number of ufo pics, some are blurred and some are not. When a camera is focused on infinity seems to me there are a couple things that will cause blurr, the speed of a common flying insect is not one of them, too slow.

Looking at your blow up 'gamma correction' though interesting and seemingly more detailed does not give me any indication that it's a bird, insect or balloon. Getting back to the blurred image, considering the background is pretty-much in focus I would GUESS the blurred object is either traveling at high speed or has effected ions around itself somehow, less flapping wings.

Be interesting to get additional thoughts from some of ATSs' photo/vid analysts too. Liked the blow-up.

Dallas

`````````````
fixed quote
[edit on 15/4/07 by masqua]

edit

Pyramidcam.com
"Wednesday, April 4th - This object captured by our camera on March 30th was called to our attention by Ildege Bergervin, who sent in a screen capture of it. We looked it up in our archives and sure enough, there it was. It's hard to tell if it's really saucer shaped or cylinder like. We have no air ships (Derigibles) here to my knowledge and it does not look like any of our known birds or insects close up. Go here to have a view of the original hi-res image. Download it and process it and see what you come up with."

Shot of a Bird: www.pyramidcam.com...
Unknown: www.pyramidcam.com...

[edit on 15-4-2007 by Dallas]

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
They're birds (and most likely pigeons.)

Webcams are slow compared to regular cameras, so things in motion can appear to be blurs. If you look at them closely, you can see the wings.

The lack of fuss in Egypt about 'strange things in the skies' confirms this. If there'd been odd craft flying around over Cairo, it would have been all over the news. However, nobody makes a fuss about flying pigeons.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas
I'm not an image analyst but have seen quite a number of ufo pics, some are blurred and some are not. When a camera is focused on infinity seems to me there are a couple things that will cause blurr, the speed of a common flying insect is not one of them, too slow.
If a camera is focused for 5 metres, for example, things appear out of focus because they are closer than the 5 metres less the focusing tolerance for the aperture (I think) or because they are farther away than the 5 metres more the tolerance.

If the camera is focused on infinity than only objects nearer what the lens considers infinity appear out of focus.

If an object is moving fast then it will appear blurred, but it will be more blurred in the areas perpendicular to its movement. That is why there is a thing called "motion blur".

Getting back to the blurred image, considering the background is pretty-much in focus I would GUESS the blurred object is either traveling at high speed or has effected ions around itself somehow, less flapping wings.
Can you tell us why the "effected" ions would cause the blurring?

Originally posted by Byrd
The lack of fuss in Egypt about 'strange things in the skies' confirms this. If there'd been odd craft flying around over Cairo, it would have been all over the news. However, nobody makes a fuss about flying pigeons.
One thing many people do not know is that the pyramids are just outside Cairo with its 16 million people and not some miles away in the middle of the desert.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Well their saying something different Byrd, seems strange things are showing up over there near the pyramids. Finding the enclosed was a bit of a surprise to me after reading your thoughts., eg:

www.pyramidcam.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
ArMaP " Can you tell us why the "effected" ions would cause the blurring? "

I have a few theories on UFO propulsion, helps decide whether to pursue a photo report or leave it. In a nut shell a couple of them would be when people claim not have seen the UFO, prosaic or other wise, in a photo taken but noticed the image after film was developed.

And/Or when I see a distortion under or around a ufo photo. In short, one theoretical method of propulsion I have, and many others have been looking at, is vacuum Ion propulsion, eg moving atmospheric molecules from the path in front to behind the craft creating a Ion vacuum.

Examining the massive quantities of pisc/vids these days could absorb one's life, so for me at least, watching for key signs in a pic/vid that can help decide it's potential authenticity sames time.

Dallas

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Man, that's some big fat rounded bum birds!

Who knows, what my friend and I saw was not ball lightening, and it wasn't a bird.

In fact the presentation was almost deliberately designed to invite some kind of incredulity, or at least, humor.

It was a sphere, the size of a soccer ball - metallic, with a belt of primary colored lights around the circumference and it could move through solid matter without changing its shape.

I won't even go into the broad daylight muddy mustard heads and their deck banging, skittering ways. Which was shocking, but helpful in the communication it imparted.
Although, I wouldn't stake my anything on saying it was real.
It could have easily been imagination.

But the ball UFO was not a shared hallucination, that is certain.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I think I will go it alone and say ufo, why not.

If it's a bird that big then PBS should be notified so Big Bird can have a friend just like him. j/k not

top topics

<<   2 >>

join