It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Cell Phones Wiping Out Our Bees?!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
There were unusual scores of pelicans diving into cement apparently thinking it was the sea or lakes. They were getting lost.

Brown Pelican Woes in Southwest
Over the past month, a number of juvenile Brown Pelicans have turned up in various locations in Arizona, as far north as the Grand Canyon. Although a few birds generally show up in the state each year, this year’s exceptionally high numbers are unusual. Most birds that have been found are in poor condition and appear to be starving. Additionally, virtually all of the birds are first year birds. Brown Pelicans feed on small fish, such as sardines and anchovies. One theory is that these resources have moved further offshore into deeper waters, making it more difficult for young birds to find them. Marine mammals that share these food resources, however, appear to be unaffected. Birds in the Phoenix area have also been found injured after diving into cement roads and parking lots, presumably taking the paved areas for bodies of water.

Pelicans in California appear to be affected, as well. Over 100 young birds have washed up on beaches in California, weak, dehydrated, and near death. Biologists and other experts are unsure of the cause, but say that the birds act as though they are starving.

www.sonoranjv.org...

[edit on 27-4-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I cannot see anything that connects that with the bee issue.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
I cannot see anything that connects that with the bee issue.

All the animals being affected use either the magnetic field of the Earth and the sun, or both for some species such as the bees, as guides to find their way.

From the Homing pidgeons, pelicans, to the rest of the birds, frogs and bees, all of them have the same thing in common.

It started happening in some areas and moslty around the coasts, apparently it spread further inland and now bees are also being affected.

I have given a link in the past about a pbs website where they talk about the magnetic field of the Earth in the Pacific Ocean, among some other places, being weaker than most other areas, and a few years back this weakening was expanding from the areas where it started. In those areas the magnetic field has weakened 30%, while on most of the world the weakening of the field is 10%

Actually i gave that link in this thread too.

Here it is again.

But now scientists have made a startling discovery. It seems there's a storm brewing deep within the Earth, a storm that is weakening our vital magnetic shield.

www.pbs.org...

The whole article is a good read.

[edit on 27-4-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes
Wanted to post this for all that are interested:

On Coast to Coast TONIGHT (C2C) Saturday:
Richard C. Hoagland -Hyperdimensional Bees- www.enterprisemission.com...

Art Bell will be joined by Richard C. Hoagland, who'll discuss solar system changes, weird sun activity, and the disappearing bee problem.

Starts I think at 11pm PST with Art Bell Hosting!
Should be interesting to hear his view on the bee problem. You can listen for free BTW to C2C by linking to a streaming version of the show....

[edit on 12-5-2007 by greatlakes]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join