It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do my prayers always come true?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
I wouldn't pray for something like that because it's too big.

how about you pray for an end to starvation in malawi? that isn't quite as big as world peace

or maybe you could pray to an end to cancer or AIDS

or you could pray that nobody dies from vending machines falling on them

ooo, that's a good one.

how about something smaller than that?

pray that nobody dies from a shark attack

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
So what exactly do you pray for??? Something that might just as easily happen on its own perhaps?

You wont pray for world peace because its too big?? What!""%?@
Whats too big about it? Dont you think, you might not pray for peace because you know deep down that it will never happen and you wouldnt like to be proven wrong. Because if a deity fulfills your wishes then yes I would be going for all the big things.

Seems more like coincidental attribution to me.

G

How is praying for sign and getting one everytime before I am about to sin (which wasn't what I asked for) a coincidence? How come everytime I go to church any wound on me heals so well, almost to the point where it's finished because I prayed for it? How come when I pray for protection I always get it? Can that be a coincidence? How come when I pray for hope even in the darkest times I always get it?

I believe that what you pray for should be kept secret, and prayers should be done when you are alone. That's why I was reluctant to tell everyone.

[edit on 18-4-2007 by wildcat]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

I wouldn't pray for something like that because it's too big.

how about you pray for an end to starvation in malawi? that isn't quite as big as world peace

or maybe you could pray to an end to cancer or AIDS

or you could pray that nobody dies from vending machines falling on them

ooo, that's a good one.

how about something smaller than that?

pray that nobody dies from a shark attack

Your being immature, do I sense jealousy?

"how about you pray for an end to starvation in malawi? that isn't quite as big as world peace"

-World peace will come, God has his plan for that

"pray that nobody dies from a shark attack"

Dying from a shark attack is just a part of nature, some people survive from a bad one because they have faith in God.

"ooo, that's a good one."

-lol! that sounds like High School humour

Praying for an instant end to cancer and AIDS is indisputably never going to happen.

"or you could pray that nobody dies from vending machines falling on them"

-When did that ever happen? Why would I pray for something that I know is not true?

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
They're prayer where not heared. you think of that. second you said that you dont go to church which is a brake of the ten commandments. The first thing is this The commandment said that tho shalt keep the sabath day holy. It didnt say tho salt go to church. Wether you preaching the word to someone, helping the poor. Or doing something that God would want. Your still keeping the sabath day holy. Any church or preacher who says you have to go to church is wrong. you have to do the work of God. Second if you think about it the ten commandments were in the old testiment. Are laws are the new testiment. Many if not all the ten commandment are in the new testiment, but I dont think Jesus said keep the sabath holy. Jesus certainly didnt not say you have to go to church. But what he did was every sabath day he went to the church and preached the word, they where't call churches. One way or other I dout that you didnt try to do good on the sabath. Faith without works mean nothing. Work for the lord. aspecialy on the sabath. Remember what Jesus said the Two Greatest commandments Love god with all thei heart and with all thei soul and know HE IS THE ONLY GOD. the second is to love you neibhors was you would love the self. God is of love.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
That was a little off topic, but thanks for the info.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
wild quote Why do my prayers always come true?

Does anyone know why would my prayers always come true. I mean it, every single one ever since I got confirmed. No bragging here, I just wonder why would all of mine come true and not other people who are in need more than I am. Could this mean anything? I consider myself to be a good person, obeys all the Ten Commandments except one which is the church one. I'm honest and I forgive everyone for their acts like instantly after they are commited. Could that contribute to it?

Maybe i got it backwards. You prayers are being answered because maybe your a true believer. Did you think that maybe you deserve your prayer answer?? Many if not all my prayer been answer over the years. Its all about your personal relationship with God. Your faith and works has alot to do with it.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I do not think my prayers deserve to be answered more than others. I'm just wondering why they always come true, maybe God has a plan for me.

Now that the thread has gotten back to peace, I don't want anymore fighting because I don't want this thread to be locked.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Your being immature, do I sense jealousy?

"how about you pray for an end to starvation in malawi? that isn't quite as big as world peace"

-World peace will come, God has his plan for that

no, your god has a plan for a genocide against those that don't believe in it

"pray that nobody dies from a shark attack"

Dying from a shark attack is just a part of nature, some people survive from a bad one because they have faith in God.

no, they survive because of modern medicine or maybe they survive because they don't sustain severe wounds.
unless you can show me statistics that show that all people that survive do so through faith in god don't make such a claim.

"ooo, that's a good one."

-lol! that sounds like High School humour

no, it sounds like sarcasm, because you won't pray for anything that proves you wrong.

Praying for an instant end to cancer and AIDS is indisputably never going to happen.

i'm sure if anyone could pull it off it would be an omnipotent being.

"or you could pray that nobody dies from vending machines falling on them"

-When did that ever happen? Why would I pray for something that I know is not true?

every year more people die from vending machines falling on them than from shark attacks

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If you keep that attitude this thread will be locked, so leave or quit trying to start fights.

We have gotten way off topic here, this thread was intended to investigate why my prayers always come true - not proove they do.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   

If you keep that attitude this thread will be locked, so leave or quit trying to start fights.

i'm not trying to start a fight. i'm trying to objectively figure out what you can and cannot pray for. my language may be harsh, but your claim is more than a tiny bit... out there

We have gotten way off topic here, this thread was intended to investigate why my prayers always come true - not proove they do.

well, getting at the root of the issue is the easiest way to figure things out. if we knew what you prayed for it would be a lot easier. if we found out you could prevent every vending machine related fatality in america, we'd have some clues.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I'd say it is coincidental, or maybe you're subconciously acting toward realizing your goals even more so, the things you prayed for, and when they come true you can say your prayer came true.

Or, you're taking day to day life and changing your own outlook to make the events seem like they are what you had prayed for.

I see the main reason for praying is to submit to, and commune with God. To praise God and just think about nothing but God. In the Bible, it's suggestive that praying should be done alone in a private place and to not be petty or too specific with prayer, because God already knows what you need, soto speak.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
So what exactly do you pray for??? Something that might just as easily happen on its own perhaps?

You wont pray for world peace because its too big?? What!""%?@
Whats too big about it? Dont you think, you might not pray for peace because you know deep down that it will never happen and you wouldnt like to be proven wrong. Because if a deity fulfills your wishes then yes I would be going for all the big things.

Seems more like coincidental attribution to me.

G

How is praying for sign and getting one everytime before I am about to sin (which wasn't what I asked for) a coincidence? How come everytime I go to church any wound on me heals so well, almost to the point where it's finished because I prayed for it? How come when I pray for protection I always get it? Can that be a coincidence? How come when I pray for hope even in the darkest times I always get it?

I believe that what you pray for should be kept secret, and prayers should be done when you are alone. That's why I was reluctant to tell everyone.

How is it not a coincidence? As for your healing wounds - hows about some varifiable evidence? maybe a video of your wounds healing or something! Protection - coincidence. Praying for hope, I think that would be down to your state of mind i.e. being religious and thinking it works anyway.

You have said nothing that gives me the impression other than a coincidence or an assumption on your part.

G

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
No, I seriously doubt that me getting protection from what I prayed for is a coincidence, more likely a miracle.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by runetang

Or, you're taking day to day life and changing your own outlook to make the events seem like they are what you had prayed for.

I don't change anything, it just happens.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I think your more worth for answered prayers than you think. Who are we to judge, sometime we judge are selfs to much. Let God judge and answer. Let your self do the work of God. to be honest I didnt realize till you put up the post that most of my prayer have been answered. Most of my over time though.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The way this thread has gone I wouldn't be surprised if it is locked.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
wildcat, i don't mean to pry but exactly what have you prayed for?

how has it come true?

could you give us a somewhat detailed example for the benefit of this thread?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
1. Hope - I literally found myself full of hope all of a sudden right after I prayed for it.

2. Protection - I rather not say what kind of protection I prayed for but I did get in in the end.

3. Healing - I pray this when I go to church. Sometimes when I go to church I will have a wound on my body and I pray for it to heal, and once I walk out of church I notice it's almost done healing.

4. Signs - I heard from I good friend that you should ask God for a sign, so one day I did. And then ever since 2004 when I prayed for it, I always get a sign everytime I am about to sin. You must note that I only prayed for a sign once, and I got something more than what I asked for in return. What a useful thing to have a sign everytime before I sin, really does save me. No this is not me associating other things with this, it all happened after I prayed for it and God is mysterious, so he gives me signs in mysterious ways.

5. Help - Whatever help I ask for, I always get it.

I hope this is enough, I don't want anymore fighting. I could always go on and on but I don't feel like it because it conflicts with my beliefs.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by wildcat]

Edn

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
You still very vague on what you prayed for, nothing there is specific at all.

Hope, quite a simple explanation for that one, when people pray for hope and the believe in what there praying for subconsciously as soon as your done praying that hope you didn't have can miraculously re-apear not nessisaraly because of any god but quite simply because you wanted it, believed you would get it and gave hope to yourself.

Protection, well unless you tell us what kind of protection all I can say is this kind of thing is also about simply believing it, a little bit of luck and coincidence thrown in. For example, you might be about to be mugged and you quickly pray (because you have so much time to do so
) for protection, that in its self can give you if you believe in it enough confidence to stand up to whomever wants your money and they have second thoughts and disappear.

Healing, well we all heal.

Signs, you can bet that absolutely everything is a sign, and im almost certain these 'signs' your getting is your subconscious mind trying to tell you your about to do something against your believes. Its not like you don't know your about to do something wrong and even if it didn't occur to you its there in the back of your mind, these signs could just as easily be your mind telling you 'don't do this'.

Help, as in 'help me get though this' type help? If so refer to my first point because its the same thing.

unless you be more specific I we can only guess as to what you prayed for and what ive wrote is from experience of what other people have prayed for and received.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join