It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some common misconceptions.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It is sad that people are buying into this idea that we need to tell the rest of the world to #$#@ off and to leave us alone and if they aren't our enemy, to ignore us.

The thought of isolation is good, but that has been tried, and has failed. WE may or may not have needed to go to war with Germany or Japan in WWII if we had not cut the funding to their oil program.

We built Russias economy, and we can destroy it. We have let them grow as they have and expand as they have, because we caused the fall of Communism. Why Russia is claiming that they are meeting with the Western diplomats just now is beyond me when they have democracy set up over there and they aren't communistic anymore.

Wars will continue forever... Nancy Pelosie will be continued to be like by the Arab nations and she will encourage these terrorist tribes, I am a left winged moderate and I don't like how she is generalizing the majority of the Democrats views.

People who like Bush like him because they think that he has been through very many tough decisions. However, he got himself into those tough decisions, and knew how to get out of them. He orchestrated this brilliantly.

He did everything he wanted to do, Bush got Saddam, he has scared people into thinking that Osama is their enemy, and he has attacked Osama Bin Laden on the furious assumption that he attacked us on 9-11 when there is no proof that he did.

Remember, only a few generals thought Osama Bin Laden was behind the attacks of 9-11.

Bush felt as though it was terror as it attacked us, as though the bible says that people shall not fear terror, so I suppose that Bush got his policy on the war on terror from the bible.

Calling it the war on terror was a general term. It could be called the war on Al-quaeda so to not spark more terrorism and it could be called the war in Iraq and Afghanistan.

That's my $.02.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Basically, what I am saying is that we build peoples economies, and we help them out and they back stab us.

Examples:

1) Russia
2) Iran
3) Iraq
4) Afghanistan
5) Osama Bin Laden and the Taliban

People should think about listening to us and realizing that some of the stuff about us is not true. While it may be true with the current administration they should not judge us.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
It is sad that people are buying into this idea that we need to tell the rest of the world to #$#@ off and to leave us alone and if they aren't our enemy, to ignore us.

It’s not a new idea, we have never really cared about the rest of the world or their opinions. The American government has been telling the rest of the world what to think and what to do on and of for the last hundred years or so. And when the world doesn’t listen to us we start whining and say we are going to go home.

The thought of isolation is good, but that has been tried, and has failed. WE may or may not have needed to go to war with Germany or Japan in WWII if we had not cut the funding to their oil program.
well it was a little more complicated then that but I see where you’re going and I agree

We built Russias economy, and we can destroy it.

Yeah I don’t think so. Russia has a lot of natural resources and we could not kill that, we’re doing the only thing we can do and try and get in on it and make a buck or two ourselves.

People who like Bush like him because they think that he has been through very many tough decisions. However, he got himself into those tough decisions, and knew how to get out of them. He orchestrated this brilliantly.

I don’t know about that “brilliantly” part, but people fallow him because “he’s a good Christian”. Although he’s not, but he says he is and that’s good enough for his followers.

He did everything he wanted to do, Bush got Saddam, he has scared people into thinking that Osama is their enemy, and he has attacked Osama Bin Laden on the furious assumption that he attacked us on 9-11 when there is no proof that he did.

Ummm… Osama admitted he did, if he didn’t trust me Al Jazera would be all over it.

Remember, only a few generals thought Osama Bin Laden was behind the attacks of 9-11.

WHAT??? Everyone thought he did it, remember he attacked our embassies? Remember the USS Cole?
Just because you’ve read on a few threads here that Osama didn’t do it, that is far from being conclusive evidence. It’s all just peoples opinion.

join