It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a woman joining the masons....??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
btw... i can't u2u (whatever that stands for), i have tried to hit you up - trinityman, but i guess i can't yet.. something about the number of threads i've started.. guess i haven't been around long enough... ck23

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
HELLO ALL... i have tried OES, actually, i tried them first, but was denied because i needed to have a mason in the family. father, brother, uncle, husband..
but i don't. it's just me. so they said i wouldn't be allowed..

why anyone out there wanna get married ? i'll go to OES..

question.. if i have all the 'qualities' of a mason, why would you not accept me..? because of my sex. right? and thats all. ?
ck23

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
You need 20 replies or something I think (advise, do NOT spam junk to get to 20
)

by the way BTS is a section of ATS

ATS - conspiracy
BTS - general talk
PTS - politics

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Sure im available!

Yes, you do need a family member to be in OES.. and I believe you need to enter OES with a man as well (not to sure, but I think thats right?)

And yes.. simply because you are a woman, you cannot join..

You can join a co-Masonic lodge sure, but think about it.. those lodges are far and few between one another.. you will not have any contact with the rest of the Masonic population.. traveling you will not be able to visit real Masonic lodges.. you cannot join York Rite, Scottish Rite and you will not be recognized by the Grand Lodge, nor the general community.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
rockpuck..thanks for the info. and everyone else..thanks for allowing this topic..
ck23

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I do have a question for you though, why do you want to be a Mason?

Of all organizations? Why Masonry? What appeals to you? There are plenty of social groups and such.. plenty of charity organizations, church organizations .. why choose Masonry which you cannot be a member of?

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
you are available huh..sorry..i'm unattractive, and absolutely no fun to be around.. .. hey, is this match.com or ats..??

you are right, the co-masonic lodges are few and far between. any other advice as to something worthwhile to join ? no, i'm not talking about the red hat society either.. ( not old enough yet anyway..), i want something meaningful. something rooted in history, something with meaning, to live my everyday by, i want 'extended family' (for lack of better words) to look out for, and them to look out for me, a sense of belonging...

oh thats right...i'm a girl.. can't have those things. (ok, that was about as sarcastic as i can get)..
ck23

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
honestly I am not familure with any female organizations.. if your looking for co-ed there are plenty, a quick google would help.. as for the family aspect and such, everything your looking for.. I know nothing about you so I could not say what would be right for you.

By the way, to bad your unatractive and no fun to be around .. attractive and fun are the only girls I go for!

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouskitty23
as far as membership into an organization, be it the Masons or someother group, i would feel better if i were judged on what i could control. my actions towards others, my work ethic, my family life, morals, etc..and if i prove myself, then i am accepted, but i just don't like being judged on something that i had no control over.

i can't help it that i was born a girl. don't exclude me because of it.
look at everything else, and then if i fall short, then ok, i will accept that because you have judged me on my actions, but don't brush me aside and ignore the good i can do and possitive things i can bring just because of my sex.
thanks for letting me get that out..
ck23
also..what is a BTS ?

Be that as it may, you desire for equality does not outweigh our right to associate with only those of our choosing. It is nothing personal. I am sure you choose who you wish to associate so why cant we.

I do hope you find what you are looking for.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
i guess i could join a cooking club. maybe bake desserts or something...

i could meet you at the door and drop off some cookies for your lodge meetings..

i wanted something that would hold me and the other members, accountable for our actions everyday.. not "hey, lets all get together and cook pasta".. (and then go home, snort some coke, beat my kid, and default on all my loans).. * wow..that was some good sarcasm there too..*

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

you are right, the co-masonic lodges are few and far between. any other advice as to something worthwhile to join ? no, i'm not talking about the red hat society either.. ( not old enough yet anyway..), i want something meaningful. something rooted in history, something with meaning, to live my everyday by, i want 'extended family' (for lack of better words) to look out for, and them to look out for me, a sense of belonging...

oh thats right...i'm a girl.. can't have those things. (ok, that was about as sarcastic as i can get)..
ck23

No one is saying that you cant have that. I am just saying you cant force people to share that with you if they dont want to... think of it a fraternal date rape

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
ohh.. frat date rape.. interesting.. let me visualize that for a minute..

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

i could meet you at the door and drop off some cookies for your lodge meetings..

i wanted something that would hold me and the other members, accountable for our actions everyday.. not "hey, lets all get together and cook pasta".. (and then go home, snort some coke, beat my kid, and default on all my loans).. * wow..that was some good sarcasm there too..*

Personally I could direct you to some "pagan" groups, societies, covans ect.. I belong to a druidic order that I will not name, but it is the same sense of community, but on a much smaller scale then Masonry can provide.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
and of course i don't want to force others to share with me.. i just don't want others to NOT share with me just because i am a girl. if i don't measure up in other ways.. then fine..
i just want to be seen by my accomplishments..

as far as family etc... family life is great...i am not looking to substitute for a lacking home life.

and as for my looks.. (sigh), it's bad, i fall somewhere between julia roberts and sandra bullock.. it's a hardship.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RWPBR

It is difficult to defend a politically incorrect doctrine.

Sex-restricted positions of any kind are more and more under attack. Religious organizations have and are facing the same issues. The Skull and Bones now includes women.

Political correctness is social terrorism.

Absolutely. I totally agree here.

Besides, i mean, if a bunch of dudes wanna hang out with other dudes in a chick free environment, whats wrong with that? I mean, being a mason is not a requirement to succeed in society despite certain claims. Thus, being a private fraternity, they should be able to do what the hell they want.

If chicks are that bothered, just set up their own man-free system or join an existing one.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Yeah, I agree with RWPBR and Skadi (even though she owes me, like, fifty boxes of Hobb Nobbs.)

Why not do a little research, find some like minded people, get a petition going to your local legislature (in order to be recognized as an actual organization) and put together your own group.

Seriously.

You can hold legitimate meetings to determine how you want to help your community.
You can record the minutes for future generations.

Hell, get enough people, and you could even try to file for tax exempt status.

(NOTICE: I am NOT an accountant or lawyer, so any advice in this reply is for novelty purposes only. I am not responsible for the seriousness of this statement. Furthermore, I am not responsible for the backfiring of any of these ideas if implemented improperly. I am however, responsible for anything that may happen to go right, and if this idea does take off, I should be recognized by your organization as a Patron; furthermore, you can pay tribute to me and I get to drink for free at all of your future functions.)
Yeah, absolution of responsibility rules!

Okay, that being said, if you want to learn a bit more, feel free to check out this thread (*cough cough...shameless plug...cough cough*)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Feel free to ask questions and make whatever queries you deem appropriate.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Wu kung there makes some great points

You could start your own group, though like him I have no idea how to do that (legally) and unlike him I have no other advise as to how to go about doing that.

Also, the thread he mentioned is truly an "open and honest" forum to ask ANY question you have about Masonry or even any other group, there have been questions about many topics. The best part is, SOME HOW .. now, we are not sure how it happened.. but there has been little to no trolling on that thread. (I am still amazed) it is open, honest, no one will put you down for what ever it is you have to ask, tell share ect. (sounds hard to believe but I aint lie'n)

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Thanx Rockpuck.
You're always there when I need you.

And yes ck23, you are more than welcome to come and ask questions.
That thread is all about learning, no trolls and no insults in any way.
So, if you feel like jumping over there and reading through it, I welcome whatever questions and input you may have.

A cross between Julia Roberts and Sandra Bullock?
Um, that sounds really hot, wanna u2u me a pick?

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
ah she lied and said she was unatractive > : (

Maybe I would be interested in hooking up! Get you into EOS

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Kitty- It sounds like you have some admirable qualities which is what draw your attention to the Masons in the first place. Of course looking like Sandra Bullock helps

If Co-Masonry is right for you then it's right for you that is the bottom line and I say "Go For It"!!!!

You shouldn't let anyone persuade you at all in what you want to do.

Cory

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join