It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you want to live forever?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I believe in God, but there's something that has always bothered me about religion and it is eternal life. I mean life is pleasant, I quite enjoy life, but I don't want to live forever, I'd become terribly bored of it eventually. This is what I don't understand about religious people, what is the great attraction of living forever? Don't you want some peace eventually? Endless oblivion? Nothingness? Don't get me wrong, heaven sounds cool, endless bliss, no more fighting or war or pain etc. but when I die, I kind of just want to die..

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
well, i think eternally BLISSFUL life would get boring eventually, but life in general wouldn't. a life on this earth would never get boring, thing about all the people you'd meet, all the history you'd witness, all things you could experience.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I want to live forever so that I can eventually rule the universe!

Ah, sorry.... getting carried away there...

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Name the exact date when you would like to die and I bet when that day came you would change your mind?

Try it!

"Can you read my mind"?

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_the_byron
but I don't want to live forever, I'd become terribly bored of it eventually. This is what I don't understand about religious people, what is the great attraction of living forever? Don't you want some peace eventually?

Having gone to heaven through my NDE I would love to live there for eternity. Yes indeed, I can't wait to enter the light again. Not that I want to die but it's really exciting to think about returning to that place.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Originally posted by Simon_the_byron
but I don't want to live forever, I'd become terribly bored of it eventually. This is what I don't understand about religious people, what is the great attraction of living forever? Don't you want some peace eventually?

Having gone to heaven through my NDE I would love to live there for eternity. Yes indeed, I can't wait to enter the light again. Not that I want to die but it's really exciting to think about returning to that place.

Are you not suppose to keep it a secret? You have broken a secret that you have been told not to?

If it was common knowledge that ... well you know what!

"Not that I want to die".. If you "die" you are dead? In all forms! Spirit and Human".

Are you on drugs?

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terran Blue
I want to live forever so that I can eventually rule the universe!

Ah, sorry.... getting carried away there...

Rule?... To exercise control, dominion, or direction over; govern.
to dominate by powerful influence.

That jobs already gone.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Well I don't believe in an afterlife, at least in the general sense, which
even than I'm unsure about, but anyway I want to live forever.

The reasons for this being that I want to see all the changes that will
occur, I want to explore the universe, meet new species and learn as
much as possible.

Eventually I would like to know everything, become the equivalent of
a god, and than laugh my ass(es), or whatever I may have off
watching the more primitive species worshiping me.

top topics

join