It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drive (Fox's Television Show)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I recorded the series premiere of this show last night, and watched it this afternoon. Great show! The two hour premiere which was really just the first two episodes were just what the show needed to plant a few seeds in the viewer. With the Prison Break season finale last week, this has already became my "go to" show. I loved it!

Official Drive Website

The next time you’re cut off by crazed drivers on your way to work, give them a little slack. They could be racing for their lives. DRIVE is an action-fueled drama following a diverse group of Americans competing for their lives (or the lives of their loved ones) in an illegal, underground cross-country road race. Some of them have been coerced into joining “The Race”; others have sought out The Race themselves, hearing rumors of the $32-million prize. Each has a reason to compete. And each must win.

I think it is being aired on Fox tomorrow night as well. If you have not caught wind of this yet, I highly recommend it. If you have, what did you think?

[edit on 14-4-2007 by chissler]

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The ones racing for their lives I mean??

Or the ones who saught it out, do they die too or is it like a Cannonball Run. Doing it for the fun and the $$

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
To avoid spoiling it for anyone, I'll try to remain slightly vague.

Some people are solely in it for the money, while others have more of an incentive. Some are in it to save a loved one, and others have reasons yet to be explained. Nothing has been mentioned of them being killed, but whomever comes in last at each check point, they seem to be given a penalty. Penalties may consist of "eliminating" other participants.

There is more to this race than meets the eye. A little bit of a mysterious spin put on the show. I love it!

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Man, I so loved this show.

It's like Cannonball Run meets Lost or Prison Break. It was very enjoyable and i knew I was going to seek out this thread and post on it, even though you got the show one day before it came out in the USA.

I've heard of this happening with other shows (mainly BSG). Tonight will be the regular Monday timeslot one-hour show so in the last two days I've gotten 3-hours of drive.

My only complaint is someone needs a freaking WRX or Lancer Evo. Something! Sheesh!

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I anticipated to watch the Premiere on Sunday as well, but for some reason beyond me it was aired on Friday night. I recorded it and watched it on Saturday afternoon. Not sure why, but I wasn't complaining.

Excited for tonight's episode. There is so much more to this show than I initially anticipated. In the span of two hours, this has become my favorite show. With Prison Break done for the summer, I turn to Drive!

Tune in people, you'll enjoy it.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Man... I love this show.

I love how they suck you in for this whole scene, and then by the end of it, it is nothing to what you expected. The whole interrogation thing, never picked up on it. I assumed that he had something to do with the race, but I'm really liking how Tully went under this whole transformation. Sweet car too!

I hate having to wait another week to keep up with this show.

When will a show ever premiere with a full season marathon?

Man... think of the possibilities!

One can dream.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I just added a Drive section to my blog.

I like that Alex Tully has a dark past it seems. It was a great episode and very cool how they were trying to force him into the man "he needs to be" from the man he is now. Very cool way to give him a wicked car too.

Definately one of my new favs that I'm going to keep following.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It's an interesting show, but it's hard to get around the basic idea of why would you kidnap someone's loved ones, and force a non-professional driver to race? What's in it for you (as the kidnapper)???

Without explaining that basic premise...just seems a bit ridiculous...but still entertaining....

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
It's an interesting show, but it's hard to get around the basic idea of why would you kidnap someone's loved ones, and force a non-professional driver to race? What's in it for you (as the kidnapper)???

Without explaining that basic premise...just seems a bit ridiculous...but still entertaining....

Maybe it's my suspension of disbelief.

If this "group" is a bunch of very powerful rich people having this event for their own amusement, I believe they are each "sponsoring" a driver in some way. The one guy was released from prison, and others were lured in various ways to compete.

In Tully's case, his wife was kidnapped. I don't find it too much of a stretch.

What's in it for the kidnapper is that his driver will win giving him bragging rights or whatever.

Just a theory.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Good point Gaz. But I'm with Zed on this. It appears that the "group" of individuals behind this would be very wealthy and very powerful. It could be a form of entertainment for them, at the expense of the participants.

Purely speculation at this point, but the writers of this show know how to keep us coming back for more.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I love how they've approached the first few episodes of this new show.

After providing some insight and mystery to some of the characters, we begin to question the motif of those in charge and the extent they will go for things. The two women who were "eliminated" tonight shows that this is no walk in the country club. Huge fan of Tully's character.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Yes, excellent show. People shot, people run off the road, the twists, the turns, I love it.

And yes, Tully is a very cool character.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Sorry to tell you guys this breaking news but,
Drive is canceled

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I was hoping that this was some sick joke Umbrax, but to my chagrin it appears to be etched in stone. This sucks. I put this one along side "Prison Break" and had hoped it would see the same success.

DAMMIT!

:shk:

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I was wondering why my DVR didn't record ity last night. Now I really hate FOX.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I can't believe it.

Ok, yeah I can. I should've known it was doomed since it was a show I actually liked.

That Nathan Fillion can't seem to catch a break. I thought he was great in Firefly, and it died a quick death, too.

:bnghd:

new topics

top topics

join