It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Owns The US Congress?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Take a look at this Dutch documentary.
There is a topic many are wary of discussing because invariably even a rational debate causes accusations of "anti-semitism" to be flung about.
Do you know the power of AIPAC?

video.google.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The influence of AIPAC in the policies of the US cannot be denied.

Where people get off track on this issue is that criticism of the actions and policies of the nation of Israel are frequently labeled as 'anti-semitic'. And that is not true.

Criticism of the actions and policies of the nation of Israel are no more anti-semitic than criticsm of the actions and policies of the US are anti-Christian.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The video describes in detail how the policies and actions of the US are often not in the best interest of the US, but of Israel. That is the problem. Many Americans who are evangelicals believe that support of the nation of Israel is mandated by their religion, and what is in the best interest of the US is secondary. How is this not treasonous?

Many Jewish Americans are not in favor of the Neo con agenda, but the lobby wields great power. One person in the film actually states that it is in the Bible that the US must support Israel. I would like someone to point that out to me.

Any pol who does not toe their line will suffer. This is up there with the federal reserve as being a barrier to democracy.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Who Owns The US Congress?

That’s simple, Big business owns Congress. In the past quarter century the United States, and for all intents and purposes the World, became a corporatacrocy. The corporations are in charge now and the politicians do as they are told to do. If they don’t the money they need to hang onto their illusions of power (and the perks that go with it) will dry up overnight.

I just got back from a conference where one of the speakers said that if you look at the 100 richest enterprises in the world, 51 would be corporations and 49 would be countries. (I’ll have to look that fact up since the speaker didn’t provide a source.)

The people who hold the real power in this world will never face a voting public.

Basically, your government sold you to Wal-Mart.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
The People of the country own that #. FIRE THE DEMOCRATS IN THE HOUSE and SENATE AND SOMEONE PLEASE FIRE PA Governor Ed Randell, raising sales tax on items and gas which is nearly $3 here. Everytime I drive down the road there is a new pothole to swerve around and you just hit another one its retarded!

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   
The Final Act of Submission

"So if we are to continue to permit AIPAC to operate as an undeclared agent of a foreign nation, and to influence American foreign and national security policymaking at the expense of our Constitution, then we should acknowledge our true status as nothing more than a colony of Israel, pull down the Stars and Stripes and raise the Star of David over our nation’s capitol."
Full text

It appears impossible to get an honest, critical appraisal of Israel's ME policies from anyone working in Washington...it's Scorched Earth for their political careers. In the above missive Scott Ritter has harsh words for the newly elected congressional majority...I wish he would have focused equally on the issues of de-facto censorship, and political blackmail.

Peace &
Good Fortune
OBE1

[edit on 15-4-2007 by OBE1]

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
The people who hold the real power in this world will never face a voting public.

Agreed. I've long held the opinion that anybody in the political realm that the normal public has heard of is nothing more than a tool... Bush, Cheney, Rice, Kennedy... all of them.

The people who hold the reins are people we've never heard of...

new topics

top topics

join