It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Cat Adopts Small Mouse.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I was reading some articles and found this one, my GF found it cute, I think it is very interesting indeed.

This does not happen all the time, not all female cats, or from other species would adopt newborns of different species which for some motive have lost their mothers, but this is an example of exeptions which do happen among animals.

"She stays in the box all day long, taking care of her babies, but three days ago, my colleague found a small mouse playing with the kittens," said a spokesperson for the store in Shijiazhuang city.

"The cat was protecting the mouse, and would become alert if anyone came too close."

The store staff threw the mouse out once, but immediately the cat ran to bring it back and let it play with her kittens.

Experts say it's quite exceptional, but that maybe the cat became lenient after becoming a mother.

www.ananova.com...

[edit on 14-4-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Shouldn't this thread read "Mother Cat Starts Mouse Ranch"?

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I assume she has mistaken the mouse as one of her own, the scent of her kittens is on the mouse, also when a cat gives birth, their personality changes, they become very mother like, so her mother instincs could cause her to be a mother to another creature, lol, nice story, sweet.

new topics

join