It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Strangest Meal/Snack You have personally made

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Back when i was broke and in college, I used to have a choice delicacy which i partook on many a hazy night.

We would raid the kitchen at our frat house and concoct the most irrational food based creations and eat them without fear of consequence (beereal=cereal with beer, not common, but not unknown either).

However, my personal favorite was the crouton ranch and cheese salad. When we had run out of lettuce, which seemed to happen at leats 4 times a week, we would take the Sams Club sized bag of cheese, heap that in a bowl, add a generous helping of croutons, and then drench the aforementioned in enough ranch dressing to conceal what was hiding beneath the dressing.

It was almost like eating breakfast cereal, but ranch dressing instead of milk, and cheese and bread instead of cereal.

I'm salivating right now, so I will leave it at that.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Man that just sounds wrong, it makes me cringe. And enjoying it? Well, anything goes in colege I guess.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I used to take a hot sandwich maker (the kind from tv) and put in waffles that had generous amounts of crunchy peanut butter, honey, and banana slices covering them and close the lid until they blended together in a hot ticky mess. I would then take it out of the sandwhich maker and cover the top with vanilla ice cream. I have to admit, it did taste pretty good.

I do have friends that eat peanut butter and mayo sandwiches. I haven't tried them.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
That soinds so good infinite that I am going to try it this week. I'll let you know if I like it.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
About the strangest thing I eat on a regular basis is a delicious Peanut Butter, Miracle Whip, and Banana sandwich. MMmmm..tasty.

I also enjoy a nice glass of cold pickle juice every now and then.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I don't know if it is really strange, as I'm sure other people do this as well, but I love Tobassco sauce all over Chicken Ramen Noodles!!! It truly is a tasty snack.
When I was younger i used to put Miracle Whip on Saltine Crackers, not that to me is just gross now.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8
I used to take a hot sandwich maker (the kind from tv) and put in waffles that had generous amounts of crunchy peanut butter, honey, and banana slices covering them and close the lid until they blended together in a hot ticky mess. I would then take it out of the sandwhich maker and cover the top with vanilla ice cream. I have to admit, it did taste pretty good.

I do have friends that eat peanut butter and mayo sandwiches. I haven't tried them.

Dude, that sounds absolutely amazing. I think I am going to put my George Foreman to the test this weekend at about 4:25 ish.

on the indirect reccomendation, infinite.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I think you guys are going to like it. Feel free to add other things like raisins, cinnamon, a flavored syrup on top. Let me know how you liked it once you tried it.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Boy howdy, yall gonna love this one, I just decided to have it two nights ago after work.

2 salmon fillets spiced with lemon pepper, and some nacho cheese Doritos, stuffed between a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich. It was a highly unique experience, and I would definetly go for it again.

[edit on 5/25/2007 by DYepes]

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Its sounded good until you put it between the peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I've tried the Doritos smashed into crumbs and used to cover fish, its pretty good. Another thing I have used to cover fish while baking is finely minced pistachio nuts with a little brown sugar. Another good thing on fish is italian breadcrumbs. Once the fish is baked and brown, out a thin slice of mango on the top.

For salmon, I use lemon pepper sometimes as well as a teryaki marinade.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8

thats what my friends eat too.
weird.
also one eats onion sandwiches.
just onions sliced thick, mustard and two slices of bread.
he says they are great.
no thanks

My weirdest thing I have is I can drink maple syrup like water, its great.
and damn expensive.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
haha one time my mind was really altered and i made waffles with ice cream on top and chocolate syrup. i guess its not THAT weird but i wouldnt eat that otherwise.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join