It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronauts refuse to Swear on Bible that they walked on moon

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
lol at the video lol

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
If you bust your guts to perform a moon mission and then many years later some turkey walks up demanding you swear to what you'd done then any normal person would first feel offended that someone was implying you were a liar. I'd tell them to stick their Bible where the sun don't shine too.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
If somebody walked up to me and said, for example,
"Swear on the bible that you love your wife"...or "Swear on the bible that your not a big liar",
I would probably first swear at the guy, then walk away from him (or if I was a "tough" guy, I'd probably punch him in the mouth, then walk away) -- but I would definitely NOT give him the satisfaction of falling for his tasteless scheme.

[edit on 28-5-2007 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
Here is a video of some guy trying to get the astronauts to swear on the bible that they walked on the moon. Not a single one would do it. That kinda has to make you think a little. Granted this guy is obnoxious as hell but still, alot could be put to rest if they just did it.

Kleverone, if you saw the whole Bart Sibrel video you might understand better.

1. First, he probably thought up this 'swearing on the Bible' stunt figuring that none of them would do it, thus lending credence to his theory.

2. One of the Astronauts -did- swear on the bible that he went (Cernan).

3. Several of them did swear but then Sibrel goes on and says:

"Swear on the bible, and on the penalty of perjury and the penalty of treason and on the penalty of eternal damnation"

ISTM he's trying to use intimidation to get them to finally tell him no.

One or two of them do it but when Sibrel starts adding on other stuff, like treason, they balk. And it's NOT because they're afraid of being found 'treasonous', it's because it's now clear he's off his nut.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
disgusting and border line harassment.

I understand trying to get to the bottom of the moon conspiracy, but that took it way to far imo.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
If you bust your guts to perform a moon mission and then many years later some turkey walks up demanding you swear to what you'd done then any normal person would first feel offended that someone was implying you were a liar. I'd tell them to stick their Bible where the sun don't shine too.

Did you watch any of the videos besides just Armstrong slugging him?

He asks nicely at first and several of the Astronauts start to do it. He doesn't just walk up and start harassing them (though he did do an ambush style 'request' later, which was the wrong way.)

But he never stops with the polite request. As soon as they say OK, and start to do it, he starts adding on things about 'eternal damnation'.

IMO, he's trying to make it impossible for them to go through with it. That's no way to investigate anything.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Ultimately, that's the crux of the issue. People say "Just agree to these terms and move on". And to the rational person, that would work. The fundamental problem is that the "stalker" is not actually a rational person.

You and I understand that to the normal person, simply doing what is requested by swearing on the bible is sufficient to satisfy "everyone". The problem is that the Conspiracy Theorist is no longer acting rationally in justifying their pet theory - simply swearing on the bible is not sufficient to put to rest this person's theory. The theorist does not, nor probably never will believe that their theory is, in fact, false. No amount of explanation on the hands of the astronaut would be sufficient for the theorist.

(BTW, the CAPTCHA is AWESOME!!!)

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
You know there are some people who take offense to "swearing" on the bible.Also just because you do it doesnt mean youre telling the truth.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by Tricky63]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I just wanted to state that all of this "swear on the bible" tripe is a product of the television generation. I have been on the witness stand multiple times over the course of the last couple of years. Never have I once even seen a bible inside a court room. People need to quit watch "Law and Order" and suddenly becoming legal experts. Yea, I have been asked to repeat after the judge "I (Name Here) do solemnly swear, or affirm, to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth" or some variation thereon. Never once have I been asked to utter the words "So help me God", or anything else that you see on the television.

And furthermore the guy had it coming getting clocked like that. Imagine you have an acomplishment you are exceedingly proud of. And you have every right to be proud of it. You have done something less than 20 people throughout the course of civilization can claim. And every day you have to deal with some crackpot who wont listen to reason, call you a liar. Not because he has genuine evidence discrediting all of your hard work, but because you wont put your hand on a book and "swear" that you did it. Like you owe him or something.

The problem with your average conspiracy theory is this: every time it is debunked a larger more grandiose theory is thought up, to make up for the holes blown in the previous theory.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
What's the deal with the bible?

The thing that amazes me is the simple fact that there are people out there that the astronauts simply putting their hand on the bible and saying it happened, now would make it believable?

Think about it.

You can choose to believe someone or you can only choose to believe someone after they "swear" on the bible.

How does swearing on a book that sounds like a bunch of people on mushrooms and are just stories past down through time and offer little truth about anything and make anyone more credible.

Doesn't do anything for me.

If they swore on a compliation of Dr. Suess books, would it make it more believable? At least he was alive in our time.

Besides, them swearing on the bible only makes it more credible to the people who have faith in the bible, and truthfully those people don't deserve an explanation for what others say if they don't believe them. That's their choice.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Given what the Astronauts have "potentially" seen or been in the presence of, perhaps the bible holds NO value to them anymore.

These guys, visited the heavens and returned. Swearing on a bible would be meaningless.

Personally, I would have shoved that bible down his throat or somewhere else it would have difficulties fitting.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join