It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronauts refuse to Swear on Bible that they walked on moon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
[edit on 14-4-2007 by selfless]

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by kleverone

Originally posted by FlyersFan
- MANY people will not 'swear on the bible'. Either they don't believe in the bible OR they believe in it and won't swear to God, or swear on the bible, because - the BIBLE ITSELF says not to do that.

If that is the case then why must one swear on a bible before tesifying in any US court of law?

Swearing on the bible in a court of law is covered under “render unto Caesar, what is Caesars”. This is the only time most Christians will ever swear an oath.

Yet another way they use the bible to do whatever they want.

It's wrong to do so they say but not when they need you to...

This is a comical ideology.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
the naysayers are beginning to sound somewhat pathetic.

I think those who do not keep their minds open to the possibility that: what they told us is not the truth, are the ones who seems pathetic.

You must keep an open mind or else you are just like a machine programmed to just gob anything they will tell you.

[edit on 14-4-2007 by selfless]

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
So someone would not swear on a Book, so what?
I would not swear on a Bible for anything, its just a ruddy book.
I might swear at it and the Muppet's that believe in it perhaps.

Even if you were religious, if someone who has made money from a conspiracy stating that you did not do something, that you had done, thus making you out to be a liar, would you dignify the nutter by complying?

Thought not.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Rebecca Shaeffer also recieved hundreds of threating letters from the man who eventually killed her. So I would catagorize them separately in comparsion.

And most likely astronauts have received hundreds of letters from fans, and also from kooks demanding information on 'fake' lunar landings.

Not sure what that has to do with swearing on the bible that you walked on the moon.

What's not to understand. It's very simple. NASA handles all public relations. Period. Publically swearing on a bible about a NASA project would be a public relation event. Therefore NASA would be the one to go through.

why must one swear on a bible before tesifying in any US court of law?

1 - not everyone is a christian so not everyone is effected by the 'no swearing to God/no swearing on the bible'.

2 - many christians do not follow that particular bible command.

3 - those christians that DO follow that bible command will 'AFFIRM to the truth' with a raised hand in a court room. God and bible removed from the 'promise of telling the truth'.

I disagree.

Whatever.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
And most likely astronauts have received hundreds of letters from fans, and also from kooks demanding information on 'fake' lunar landings.

Speculation.

What's not to understand. It's very simple. NASA handles all public relations. Period. Publically swearing on a bible about a NASA project would be a public relation event. Therefore NASA would be the one to go through.

He was in the home of one of the astronauts, simply asking him to discredit the naysayers and swear on a bible. Be done with it.
I understand that these people are sick of this guy, but heck give him what he wants and then if he keeps bugging you, then punch him.

Whatever.

Hate the devil, not his advocate

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Why would the astronauts even entertain the idea that swearing on a bible to someone would put the whole moon conspiracy to rest.

If someone was to actually go to the lengths it would take for the Kennedy administration to lie about a moon landing - why would they care about lying on a book.

That kind of deception would pretty much exceed any twinge a conscience might have about lying on a bible.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearwater
Why would the astronauts even entertain the idea that swearing on a bible to someone would put the whole moon conspiracy to rest.

If someone was to actually go to the lengths it would take for the Kennedy administration to lie about a moon landing - why would they care about lying on a book.

That kind of deception would pretty much exceed any twinge a conscience might have about lying on a bible.

I understand what you are saying, and believe me I am simply playing devils advocate in this role but for you to say that lying to the American public would exceed any twinge of conscience about lying on a bible is total speculation on your part.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
So how many times do you need to have some of these rediculus assertions disproved before open mindedness becomes pathetic?

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Speculation.

It isn't speculation that the Astronauts have received hundreds of letters about the moon landing being fake; it's fact.

He was in the home of one of the astronauts, simply asking him to discredit the naysayers and swear on a bible. Be done with it.

So if someone keeps stalking you, in your own home, you would start answering there questions and swear on a religion you don't beleive in?

He also wasn't 'simply asking him to discredit the naysayers', if you actually watched the video they stuck a Camera INTO his face and started calling him a coward. If that happened to me the person would be on the ground while a was hitting them him a cricket bat as that is what he deserves.

[edit on 15-4-2007 by PisTonZOR]

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
It would'nt surprise me at all that the astronout's never landed on the moon. I was in hospital in 1968. There was a life size model of the american astronout in the lobby of the children's wing. I thought it was great. It was a perfect replicar. Of course i did'nt realise until i was older that this was before Neil Armsrong actually stept foot on the moon. Whoever the artist was who ,made the model must have been psychic as well as good at detail.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
So how many times do you need to have some of these rediculus assertions disproved before open mindedness becomes pathetic?

Just once would be fine. Please feel free to DISPROVE them for me. And Please, I'll say this for THE LAST TIME. I do not agree or disagree with what this man is doing. I am simply playing devils advocate. But let me say this, for you to state that these assertations are not only false but can be disproven is an extremely bold statement. Please feel free to do so.

[edit on 15-4-2007 by kleverone]

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Another angle - maybe these guys have wised up since the Apollo missions and are now atheists. The Bible is just another book that most "Christians" don't take seriously anyway.

I agree with previous posters though. Our moon veterans are probably sick and tired of the naysayers bugging the hell out of them. And who can blame them?

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by PisTonZOR

It isn't speculation that the Astronauts have received hundreds of letters about the moon landing being fake; it's fact.

I'm not saying they haven't, but until you can produce evidence that they get hundreds of letters about the moon landing being fake, then in my eyes its speculation.

So if someone keeps stalking you, in your own home, you would start answering there questions and swear on a religion you don't beleive in?

I'm not familiar with the astronauts religious affiliation. I probably would have complied once I relized "this is a fly I'm not going to be able to swat", in other words, give this guy what he wants so he will go away. I have actually exlained this already just several posts before this one, if one were to read them

He also wasn't 'simply asking him to discredit the naysayers', if you actually watched the video they stuck a Camera INTO his face and started calling him a coward.

Did you actually read my post?
If you did, you would have noticed that I was refering to the video clip of the astronaut telling him to "get out of my house". You are refering to the opening scene, totally seperate incendent, differnent astronaut, and about a minute later in the clip. So to answer your earlier question, "Did I actually watch the video"? Yes, the question is, did you?

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Landis
Another angle - maybe these guys have wised up since the Apollo missions and are now atheists. The Bible is just another book that most "Christians" don't take seriously anyway.

I agree with previous posters though. Our moon veterans are probably sick and tired of the naysayers bugging the hell out of them. And who can blame them?

Its possible, like I said I'm personally not familiar with thier religious affiliation. I also agree that I am sure that are tired of being bother about it, thats why I think hey, just put your hand on the bible and say it. Kill this guys last breath. Take this away from him and then he has nothing left to bother them about. Hell he can naysay for the rest of his life but at least these guys wouldn't have to worry about this guy following them around with a camera and a bible for the next 20 years

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The former astronauts in that video had NO reason to respect the wishes of that horrible little man with the camera.

To posit their unwillingness to cooperate with a complete stranger, who makes it his life's work to harass and denigrate the individuals in question, as evidence that they are being dishonest about the moon landing is simply absurd.

The two phenomena (disliking harassment and having landed or not landed on the moon) are unconnected. I don't understand why this is so difficult to get one's head around.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Debunk #1Debunk the secondlYet another debunkThe rocks

Ask and ye shall recieve. Just got home from work, and I'm too tired to put it into my own words, so I'll let these speak for me. Hope I did it right, I don't often link; so I'm not always sure I'm doing it right.

I understand you're playing devils advocate, Kleverone. But it does get old listening to these psuedo-scientist pontificate about subjects they know nothing about. Meanwhile, they slander bonifide American heroes.

As an aside, I know you aren't advocating what that retched little man does. I know that.

Damn. I always forget to space them... Four links there.

[edit on 15-4-2007 by seagull]

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I don't blame him for not wanting to interact with this jerk. This astronaut risked his life to accomplish this and calling him a liar is an incredible insult to everything he and all the others have trained for, sacrificed for and accomplished. Look people, I'm not one of those people who bury their heads in the sand and says there are no conspiracies and that our government is righteous and honest but, COME ON!
There is NO conspiracy here. Seriously. We went to the moon, there are probes on other planets and in space-FACT.
I have looked at alot of the so called evidence showing we have not landed on the moon. There is NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING to indicate that we did not goto the moon. The problem is these people who believe we didn't go there based on a waving flag, or a bouncy astronaut, or lack of stars in pictures, simply do not understand what they're looking at so they make up something based on incorrect assumption.
Again, I get that there are some weird things going on around us but this is not one of them. The moon landing conspiracy is as legitimate as the flat earth conspiracy.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Here is a video of some guy trying to get the astronauts to swear on the bible that they walked on the moon. Not a single one would do it. That kinda has to make you think a little. Granted this guy is obnoxious as hell but still, alot could be put to rest if they just did it.

Uh what exactly would be put to rest here?

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cydonian Priest

Here is a video of some guy trying to get the astronauts to swear on the bible that they walked on the moon. Not a single one would do it. That kinda has to make you think a little. Granted this guy is obnoxious as hell but still, alot could be put to rest if they just did it.

Uh what exactly would be put to rest here?

Well Hopefully the guy with the camera. Like I said earlier, take away his matches and he can't start fires. In other words put one hand on the bible, swear on it, then take your other hand, slowly raise your middle finger, and proceed to stick in his face and make sure that camera is on
I understand everyones arguments but damn, why not throw a little water on this fire. In my mind its the ultimate punk. I would look him straight in the eye, swear on it, then tell him if he ever gets in my face again, I will wrap his lips around his teeth. But thats just me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join