It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

stem cell breakthrough - OZ woman can walk again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Breaking News in Australia:

Stem cells 'helped Australian to walk again'

An Australian woman, who was paralysed in a car accident, says she is walking again after undergoing controversial embryonic stem cell treatment in India.

Excellent story. I think that it is a shame that the stem cell research is suppressed in many Countries.
This story is proof that this 'new' treatment can help the disadvantaged.
Thanks God there is a sucess story and hopefully other Countries will pickup the stem cell research.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I'm sceptical but if true then its good news for those suffering from debilitating injury's and illnesses.

I am all for destroying a unconscious human organism if it means giveing a better quality life for those suffering from debilitating illnesses and injury's.

My father had a severe head injury and cannot speak, My grand father died with Alzheimers, I myself have Schizophrenia.

Someone once said the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. I'd like to think the needs of the conscious outweigh the needs of the unconscoius.

I know this thread might stir up some of the holy people, so I wont be comming back, I dont like to argue. Opinions are like rectums everyone has one.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
I am all for destroying a unconscious human organism if it means giveing a better quality life for those suffering from debilitating illnesses and injury's.

Me too - but this is not necessary anymore since the embryo does not have to be destroyed for this purpose.
But if you want to look at the religious side -> They don't like the new approach either because it's unnatural

The Catholic Church has rejected claims a new technique to create stem cells does not harm embryos, pouring cold water on hopes by many scientists of ending ethical uproar over their research.

Hopeless...

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
if this really happened this would have been on every news channel, and I wouldn't have to listen to all the Imus crap!

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by thumper76
if this really happened this would have been on every news channel, and I wouldn't have to listen to all the Imus crap!

I don't know why this is not making new around the world - yet.

Here is a Video link:

Walking Back To Happiness

An Australian woman has taken her first steps since having a car accident - after undergoing controversial treatment that uses stem cells to tackle paraplegia. Sky's Alex Crawford reports from Delhi.

top topics

join