It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Existence of the ''Epsilon Team''?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

All of it buddy. Western culture is based on Greek culture. I thought that was common knowledge

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheNewAeon2012
Western culture is based on Greek culture.

And Greek culture borrows from others the predated it.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Hi there, I found this really interesting word on dictionary.com that might help you deal with your problem against Greek culture.

jealousy

-noun, plural

1. resentment against a rival, a person enjoying success or advantage, etc., or against another's success or advantage itself.
2. mental uneasiness from suspicion or fear of rivalry, unfaithfulness, etc., as in love or aims.
3. vigilance in maintaining or guarding something.
4. a jealous feeling, disposition, state or mood.

I think definition 1 will help you out with understanding your condition better.

By the way, I am dying to know what your racial background is. Out of that massive reply of mine, you only picked on ONE thing...one thing. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. I wonder why it bothers you so much that I said "mind-boggling"? You probably wanted me to say "average culture", right?

Tell me, friend, what is your native country??...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheNewAeon2012

He's merely responding to the idea that the Greeks spontaneously and instantaneously manifested the entirety of Western culture.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Hi there, I found this really interesting word on dictionary.com that might help you deal with your problem against Greek culture.

Calm down and stop jumping to conclusions. I have spent much time studing ancient history, particularly Greece, its precursor city states, neighbors and rivals.

By the way, I am dying to know what your racial background is.

I am a first generation American of Italian ancestry.

Out of that massive reply of mine, you only picked on ONE thing...one thing.

Because it was the only thing that I felt like addressing. I did not know that there was a quota on what portions of a post I may or may not ask for clarification regarding.

I couldn't believe it when I saw it. I wonder why it bothers you so much that I said "mind-boggling"? You probably wanted me to say "average culture", right?

Who said it bothered me? You need to stop being so sensitive if you are going to post on a public forum.

Tell me, friend, what is your native country??...

Answered already, see above.

Now maybe you can address the question I posed instead of acting rudely and condescendingly because of some perceived insult to ancient Greek culture.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Yeah, ok whatever u say

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OnTheLevel213

Fair enough. But I didn't explicitly say: "the Greeks spontaneously and instantaneously manifested the entirety of Western culture." I'd say they came up with about 3/4 of their own "original material" and the rest was "copyrighted" material from the Middle East, India, etc.

But, seriously, I'd have to be a total douche to believe they came up with 100% of it. But, let me ask you, let us say hypothetically that they had actually come up with all of it? Wouldn't u think people would still be trying to downplay the importance of that, and try to distort history? Hell, they are doing it now, and that's only regarding the 75% of Western culture that we invented! There are plenty of white supremacist (wtf? aren't the Greeks white too???) authors that have tried to somehow reduce Greece's role in the creation of the Western culture. Heck, even the great David Icke goes on and on about the Phoenicians, going to very great lengths to "prove" that they were the ones who civilized the Greeks. Well, who knows, perhaps the Greeks did borrow form them...however Icke does his best to ALSO conveniently prove that Phoenicians=British. So his ultimate goal is to make out that the British started it all. But his theory is so full of holes it's worse than Swiss cheese.

I've seen it all before. At one time or another, every Tom, Dick & Harry has tried (thru the latest "full of holes" theory) to purposely downplay the role of Ancient Greece. I do realize people may find that Greeks overreact with this sometimes, but if we don't defend ourselves, then who will? To quote the great Donald Trump: "when you're the fastest gun, everybody is out to kill you" This was in reference to the constant jealousy and irrational, baseless attacks he gets, simply because he's Number 1 in his field. Well...you get my point with how it fits in with this Greece thing.

We didn't "spontaneously" invent 100%, but it seems to be a trend for people to refuse to give us credit even for the percentage of it that we did originate. Whatever the percentage is, if one is unbiased, it is clearly obvious that many things we Greeks developed were completely original & not seen before in an embryonic form, in an earlier culture. There were indeed many original concepts. People have a hard time accepting this, because NO other culture has accomplished something comparable. Sorry...

So what we often see occurring because of this inconvenient Truth is:

1) Greeks are often accused of being "too proud" when they state what I just stated above. All they are doing is stating something that is historically proven, however.
2) Many non-Greeks refusing to admit the true significance of Greece's contribution

and the worst of all

3) Incredibly, there are even some (various racist authors) who have attempted to alter history and amazingly arrive at various outlandish conclusions that always have one thing in common: they make Greece look bad and their race look better.

Aaah, Greece...all its enemies "want it" (Persians, etc) and all the Western countries want to "be it".

If it's a fact, then it's a fact, and we Greeks should be allowed to state it without getting any backlash.

Having said that, because I'm fair, I will admit that a few Greeks overdo it with this. Not only do they insist Greece originated absolutely everything, they also have a near total disregard for the culture of other nations too. To me this is the same as the British or German supremacists. So I disagree with it, and have gotten in numerous arguments with relatives of mine, etc, over it.

Look, I really don't know how I would've treated this issue if I wasn't of Greek stock. I don't know to what extent I'm biased. I would like to think that I'd give credit where it's due though. I mean there are many non-Greeks that agree with all I've written here, so there are people that admit the facts. For example, I actually believe Indian civilization to be superior to all of them. And there is no bias at all, just giving credit where it's due. I, and many fellow Greeks, would simply appreciate it if people merely gave us credit for the things that we legitimately DID create. Nothing more, nothing less. Just giving credit where it's due is all it was ever about.

Our Roman-American friend seems to "have a dog in this fight", if u know what I mean. The reason I asked him what racial background he is, is because I was 100% sure he must've belonged to one of the main "competitors", if u know what i'm saying. And I was right: the Romans. I mean, the guy comes out of nowhere and has only ONE thing to say: "why was it mind-boggling"? The things people say, give them away. Even a fool knows that Rome copied virtually everything from Greek culture.

He'll never admit it on the forum but 99% (or there abouts) of Italians believe that the Romans "improved upon" Greek culture and were superior. Yeah, okay...just like Oasis "improved upon" the Beatles. Ha! Do u catch my drift?? ha-ha ROFL!
I got into a heated argument over this with an Italian "friend" (he didn't like me after I stood up for Greece) once upon a time. Truth be told: aside from Roman Law, the Romans didn't originate jack sh*t, but ripped off the Greeks wholesale & put a few of their own touches on Greek culture. And then this trend continued with the other great European empires. Bottom line: It's all a "rehash" of Ancient Greece, face it.

I may appear a bit aggressive, but I actually love Italian/Roman culture and I think Rome was awesome. Italian cuisine is my favourite, they design the best sport scars, they have amazing artists(actors/musicians), etc. Oh yeah, and the women...oh boy the women! Full of class! (Monica Bellucci anyone?)

But the thing is, his second reply is what REALLY got me going. "they borrowed it from earlier ones". I take this statement as an attack on my heritage. Borrowed? Yeah right! Dream on. They borrowed a certain part only. But the Romans, on the other hand...well, I don't know, maybe these guys borrowed a bit TOO heavily. And from the Greeks, no less. So diminishing the creativeness of the Greeks would be expected from them sometimes.

But this Greek-Roman rivalry is something that annoys me to no end, so let's stop here. Greece is like the "Beatles of Western civilization" and that's the end of that. There is not even a debate. In an ideal world, I wouldn't even have to explain anything.

Anyway, enough of that. I'll just finish up with one little example: in the West, Aristotle was the authority on virtually everything for nearly 2,000 years. Only in the last couple of centuries has he been (sort of) overshadowed by other luminaries like Newton or whatever. And that's just one guy. I couldn't be bothered getting into a ridiculously massive list of how many philosophers, historians, scientists, playwrights, poets, etc, etc, Greece produced that everyone else looked up to as authorities for the last 2,000 years. If I keep going I'm gonna start sounding like those other extreme Greeks that believe Ancient Greeks created the whole frikin' Universe. I'm not that bad...I just state verifiable facts
If some people have issues with verifiable facts, then I can't help them.

DISCLAIMER: The only reason I got into this full-on (and seemingly aggressive) rant, is because of that post "why is it mind-boggling?", which was compounded by the other one: "they borrowed to the extent everyone else did". I took this as an attempt to make Greece appear insignificant, and so I ended up up with this reply. My initial post was about other things. About the Epsilon Team/Atlantis connections and so forth. I wouldn't just post all this for no reason. Consider this post as defence not offence.

edit on 22-3-2011 by TheNewAeon2012 because: Fro the glory of Greece

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Having said all that, I'd like to point out that Leonardo Da Vinci was the greatest genius of all time and he was Italian. And that Italians are the best artists by far. Musicians, actors, designers, etc. I got no problem with other cultures...as long as they don't mess with Greece in any way, I love ALL people. And I'm not just "saying this", to look good, I truly believe it and conduct my life according to this.

Greeks are renowned for their friendliness and humanitarian attitude. An interesting example is that there is nowhere near the amount of racism in Greece that u see in places like Germany, Britain, etc. A minority of Albanians have been living in Greece for about 20 years now, and if they had pulled the sh*t they have in Greece, in any other country they would've ended up, backs against the wall and facing a firing squad. I've lived in Greece, so I have seen this, I'm not just making things up.

The Greeks are pretty tolerant people. It is also well known that anti-semitism is much milder there than in the other "real" European countries (Western EU). Greeks are always interested in learning about other cultures and love all people, however, conversely, it doesn't seem that all people are interested in Greek culture sadly.

You can clearly see this "global brotherhood" attitude in the Epsilon Team's various statements, etc. Whether real or not, they seem to view themselves as protectors of all mankind as a whole. The idea is that Greeks would use their "special" status for the greater good alone. The Nazis, on the other hand, were quite outspoken and unabashed about the fact that they saw everyone except the Aryans as scum to be destroyed or enslaved.

Epsilonism, however, proposes something totally different: spreading Greek civilization throughout the globe, as an antidote to the current decay of modern culture. All men & cultures, will be respected, helped and protected. Epsilon are considered liberators and NOT enslavers, like the Nazis, Zionists, etc, are.

The key concept behind Epsilonism is that they are working towards a "cultural" or "mental" revolution and not one carried out with weapons. This is a very high level, very idealistic approach to salvage the decaying Western world. Heck, it worked when Alexander did the same thing, once upon a time! I think it worked out pretty well. Everyone concerned is FAR better off, because of the fact that Hellenism dominated what direction global civilization (let's face it: all countries are copying the West nowadays, so it's safe to say "global" instead of European) would take.

So, really, what the Epsilon Team wants is a global version of Alexander's Hellenistic world...however, we needn't "raze cities to the ground" these days, in order to accomplish this. It's an Information War, basically. Humanity must be re-taught the Hellenistic (or Atlantean, if u will) way of life.

But there is a little barrier at the moment: near total Media & Education control by the Dark Brotherhood.

This is why I was so excited that I found that Delphic Epsilon in the Troy movie. They are sending us a message that says: "hey, check this out, Hollywood isn't completely taken over by the Dark Enslavers. Epsilon has infiltrated them."

In the meantime, until the Enslavers are overthrown and they stop brainwashing us thru Hollywood, Media & Education, I am trying my best to educate the Westerners through the internet. And, hopefully in the process, if they are real, Epsilon may notice my efforts & one day send me an email or something...he-he

edit on 22-3-2011 by TheNewAeon2012 because: Fro the glory of Greece

edit on 22-3-2011 by TheNewAeon2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2011 by TheNewAeon2012 because: Because Alexander the Great was...um, pretty great.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Glad to see you are mature enough to address your points regarding me to someone else.

Our Roman-American friend...

Just American.

I mean, the guy comes out of nowhere and has only ONE thing to say: "why was it mind-boggling"?

Which you still have not answered with any alacrity.

He'll never admit it on the forum but 99% (or there abouts) of Italians believe that the Romans "improved upon" Greek culture and were superior.

This is an historical fact which even the ancient Romans grudingly acknowledged as true so why would I deny the same?

Truth be told: aside from Roman Law, the Romans didn't originate jack sh*t, but ripped off the Greeks wholesale & put a few of their own touches on Greek culture.

If by Romans you mean the Italian peninsular colonies then they actually created a quite a few innovative and progressive inventions. There are many more besides the following list a of a few items.

The Etruscans were well versed in aqueduct design and construction and are credited with its design.

The later Romans developed quick drying and reinforced concrete from which they were able to create elaborate structures previosuly not seen before.

While not as easy to use as the Persian (actually based on Hindi) numerals Roman numerals used extraneous symbols as opposed to the Greek system which recycled letters for use in mathematics.

But the thing is, his second reply is what REALLY got me going. "they borrowed it from earlier ones". I take this statement as an attack on my heritage.

Then you need to stop being so sensitive and have a more acadenic approach to history. You also left off the remainder of my statement. All cultures borrowed from the ones prior to them. It is a fact.

Borrowed? Yeah right! Dream on. They borrowed a certain part only. But the Romans, on the other hand...well, I don't know, maybe these guys borrowed a bit TOO heavily. And from the Greeks, no less.

But it obviously served them well and there is no shame in taking an idea and improving upon it. This is the basis for the development of society and the advancement of human civilization. If no one borrowed from other cultures then we would be still stuck in ancient Greece (or Rome, or Persia, or Phonecia, etc.).

But this Greek-Roman rivalry is something that annoys me to no end, so let's stop here. Greece is like the "Beatles of Western civilization" and that's the end of that. There is not even a debate. In an ideal world, I wouldn't even have to explain anything.

I am sure the Minoans would have something to say about that statement considering the predated Greece by over 4,00 years and were partially responsible for its colonization and had a tremendous impact on its culture and society.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

While not as easy to use as the Persian (actually based on Hindi) numerals Roman numerals used extraneous symbols as opposed to the Greek system which recycled letters for use in mathematics.

But the Greek language is very far more superior to any other language. It is the only language that each word explains itself, and each letter (by itself and as a word) as a numeral means deeper things which most of it is not known.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

If you believe that a culture with monosyllable words is or was a culture...!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikepopy
But the Greek language is very far more superior to any other language. It is the only language that each word explains itself, and each letter (by itself and as a word) as a numeral means deeper things which most of it is not known.

Agreed that as a language it is superior to others but as a form of mathematics it is just as inferior. For pure mathematical calculation it is sub-par (much like Roman numerals are) when compared to the Hindu-Arabic based system. It is an accpeted fact that positional numbering systems are much less cubersome for calculating purposes then unary or sign value notated systems.
edit on 22-3-2011 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

If you believe that a culture with monosyllable words is or was a culture...!

I meant to type 'that' but I feel you already knew this.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Agreed that as a language it is superior to others but as a form of mathematics it is just as inferior. For pure mathematical calculation it is inferior (much like Roman numerals are) to the Hindu-Arabic based system. It is an accpeted fact that positional numbering systems are much less cubersome for calculating purposes then unary or sign value notated systems

Its not that simple. The Greek language is mathematics. Lets take for example the words for the eqation that we use to find π.

Length of region of circle (Μηκος περιφερειας κυκλου) devided by diameter (Διαμετρος) we get π.
Μηκος = 338
Περιφερειας = 1016
Κυκλου = 940
If we add these up we get 2294.
and divide it by
Διαμετρος = 730

So 2294/730 = 3,14246575
edit on 22/3/2011 by mikepopy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Its not that simple.

It is that simple, otherwise it would be used as more than ordinal numbers or indices. The Hindi-Arabic system is far simpler to work with then any acrophonic system.

So 2294/730 = 3,14246575

Actually π equals 3.14159265, which in a way proves the point.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Actually π equals 3.14159265, which in a way proves the point.

So its off by one onethousanth or so. Maybe in the near future we will understand what is missing, or the rest of the world will find out that they were wrong. he he.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Really? Ha ha ha....

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Really???? Ha ha ha.....
(that damn scotadism...)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by papakis

Guys, guys, guys…
Relax!!!!
The “Epsilon” it does exist! The name “Epsilon” it is not the original name!
Actually is a nickname given by Ioannis Fourakis.
That team, or society or what ever it is, is so secret that nobody knows how they called!
Only the members of that team knows it! However, whatever has being written for those guys on internet, books etc is full of lies!

Nobody knows who really are they, what they doing, how many are they, what is the real purpose or intentions of that team and so on…
Whoever claimed in public that he is a member of this team, is just a liar!

The inverse “E” it is not their symbol (although we have seen that in “Lost” T.V. series, “Troy” film, even in “The Matrix” trilogy).

They do not interfere in anything, ever! All they do is to observe and report! But the question is, “to whom”? Now, that is a mystery…. (keywords : Mythodea – Lyrics - NASA).

According to (inaccurate) information, those guys have people everywhere, in all governments and all secret services of the world! (monitoring, monitoring, monitoring!)

Just one date : December 21 2012!
A new era will begin at that day and the world is about to change ! (the world as we know it)
In other words, we are going to have a kind of war between "Epsilon" vs "Illuminati".
The result of that war will be : People will live like humans again and not like animals that consume everything! (the ancient Greek way of life)

The "Epsilon" it is a mystery and everyone who doing research for them, he is just “swimming in deep waters”

I just liked to share a few of my information with you in this website about the “Epsilon”.

Take care yourselves.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join