It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this real or not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I found a series of 'objects' running in a straight line on the Greenland ice sheet. The line runs exactly East-West for tens maybe hundreds of miles. I can't figure out whether they are real objects or merely some artifact or guideline from the imaging process, I don't know enough about how it works to make that judgement. If they are real objects then what the hell are they?

If anyone knows then please let me know, cause right now, I'm perplexed.

i154.photobucket.com...

i154.photobucket.com...

i154.photobucket.com...

The co-ordinates are as follows but like I said, it runs for quite a distance.

65 00 45 48N
47 22 41 74W

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Iam so far from being an expert it's not funny.However this has me totally intrigued.I don't buy the whole Al Gore scenario so could this possibly some way that they are hastening the melting of the ice there?I could be so far out in left field I might as well be in the stands eating a hot dog.Maybe they where drilling there for core samples or something.Can't really tell from the picture if it is holes in the ground or objects above.But Iam dying to know.Anyone else got any ideas here?

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
No, that crossed my mind aswell. they could be explosive charges set to (someday soon!?!) set the melting in motion!

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I’m thinking it’s a glitch of some kind, I don’t know what caused it but it runs all the way over into the ice between the mainland and some island 80 miles away at
65 03 12.13N 50 02 11.65W
The spots are about 850 ft apart.
Really I think it just some weirdness happened to the photo and nothing more.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
They do look very strange!

I think they could be something to with the way the photos have been combined to make the earth round....if you look at the whole of Greenland then you can see the photos have been spliced together strangely to accomodate the fact that photos and maps are flat and the earth is spherical. I think that maybe they are some sort of markers (on the software?) that help line things up. They look like they have been added to the photos to me and aren't actually there in Greenland.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
That was what I originally thought however, like I said, I don't know for sure..... If you zoom right in on a few of the 'objects', you can see subtle differences between them.

top topics

join