It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney Plane Undamaged After hitting Bird

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Cheney Plane Undamaged After hitting Bird

www.cnn.com

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Air Force Two carrying Vice President Dick Cheney struck a bird as the plane neared O'Hare International Airport on Friday.

The aircraft landed safely. Mechanics checked the plane while Cheney spoke at the Heritage Foundation's annual leadership conference, but the incident did not delay his departure from the airport to return to Washington.

"A bird hit the right engine of the plane upon landing," said Megan McGinn, a spokeswoman for Cheney. "He was told after he delivered
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This has gradually become more and more uncommon to have a bird strike near a major airport like O'Hare. It makes me wonder if the security forced them to keep away from the runways allowing the birds to gather there.

Kinda makes you wonder what would have happened if the bird had hit earlier and caused the engine to go out. It also makes you wonder if they're going to declare birds terrorists now.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/13/2007 by Zaphod58]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Is it just me or has Cheney been in the news more and more lately, with either personal health problems, or issues with his transportation?

Having been so removed from the public scene for so long, it makes me wonder if there is something bigger going on here?

Are these things supposed to be diversionary to the bigger picture? Its just my opinion, but whenever something hits the fan with this administration, there is always something to hit the news at the same time , thus eclipsing the more important issues at hand.

Right now, namely GW's desire to have the war taken off his hands so everyone can play the blame game with someone else. Am I crazy or does this seem somewhat plausible?

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
O'Hare!!!!!!

I am glad that the plane landed safely,

could it have been the UFO?

or was the VP hunting quail and hit the engine with a blast from his own shotgun?

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Who cares about Cheney, how is the bird? I expect to hear bad news....

I don't think there would be many tears if the plane went down, and thats just being honest.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Yeah I feel bad for the bird.

Certainly a noble try by our fine feathered friend though

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I feel sad for the bird, as there is a hgh chance it died.

I commend my avian brother for it's brave attempt to take-out
the enemy!

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Dammit! All that training down the drain.

Well, I'm off to train another bird.

J/k!

(Or am I?)

Don't arrest me, please! I'm really kidding!!!!!!

Hold on, someone's at the door...

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
...because he shot the bird with a shotgun first.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I think it was a quail attempting to get revenge!

Cheney is expected to speak at the BYU commencement address...........and this embaresses me to be living in Utah. What a joke.

apc

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
My understanding is birds get diced by engines all the time... and unless it's an albatross or somethin it won't hurt anything.

Cheney posed for pictures with little girls while Liz Cheney secured a doll with a Western cowboy hat and get-up.

Hahaha! After conducting extensive recon they sent in the Tiny Cheney strike force to secure the cowboy doll stock with minimal losses.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
An uncountable amount of heartattacks.
Shooting someone in the face and getting of easy.
Having a bigass bomb blow up so close to you you can feel the heat in Afghanistan.
And now, latest, a bird almost taking down your plane.

Karma is trying to tell Mr. Cheney something me thinks.

Either that or the forces of good are taking a direct approach at attacking and trying to take down one of the worst demons to walk the earth since biblical times.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Revenge of the quail.

Meanwhile, back at the farm - the quail gather in surreptitious groups to discuss plans of tethering hundreds of 'Dicks' in their planes, to be released only after the quails are a little drunk and locked an loaded.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
My understanding is birds get diced by engines all the time... and unless it's an albatross or somethin it won't hurt anything.

Actually, it's not that common anymore. Airports use new techniques to keep them from the runways. They use everything from flying hawks over the runways to scare them, to border collies, to driving along near the runway firing blanks from a canon. ANY kind of bird can be dangerous to a jet engine. Even a ROCK has been known to cause significant damage to jet engines.

apc

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Ah ok. Yeah I can understand a rock but a bird I always thought you just had a bird go in one end and charred catfood came out the other. I stand corrected.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
A bird attacked Cheney's plane?

It was obviously an assassination attempt by...

The Iranian Airforce!!!

Quick! Let's invade!

[edit on 13-4-2007 by Terran Blue]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Only a bird!!!

Thank you, now i can sleep peacefully. The thought of America's finest having a problem just undoes me.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terran Blue
A bird attacked Cheney's plane?

It was obviously an assassination attempt by...

The Iranian Airforce!!!

Quick! Let's invade!

Y'know, it wouldn't surprise me one bit.
It's like the Gulf of Tonkin, except for real this time.
(nudge nudge wink wink)

new topics

top topics

join