It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Earth Changing Its Rotation?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oblate Spheroid
Everything is changing, and always has (including climate). the universe isn´t some thing that stays the way it is forever.

Certainly. The only thing one can know with any degree of certainty is that there is change.

[edit on 16-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
The Great man himself. Seems as though he can never be Proven Wrong can he.

In Another 8 months and the Final results of test being run to test his predictions on the geodetic effect and Frame Dragging.

Could be interesting to learn.

Possible Global warming isnt the result of man but the Earth itself.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by at_risk

Possible Global warming isnt the result of man but the Earth itself.

Well, while I am beginning to think that the whole "global warming" issue is cyclical, I still think that man has done his part to speed the process along. Of course, there is no one singletary cause for global warming or cooling, whichever the case may turn outr to be. As I stated earler, there are many scientists who are saying that we should be preparing for a massive cool down rather than a heating up.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Well, I am not sure about this website I am going to quote, but here it is:

Rumormillnews.com

These threads were posted there April 22. The author states that they notice the stars are not moving towards the SW but more due West, signifying the earths tilt is more pronounced:

I found this on the Surfing the Apocalypse forum:

STARS ARE ABBERANT - EARTH LURCH OBSERVATIONS.....

Posted By: Pilate
Date: Sunday, 22 April 2007, 2:40 a.m.

On the nights of April 16, 17, 18 - 2007, Mon., Tue.and Wed. this week I took the time to finally verify the Claim that things were not right with the Stars. Possibly due to an Earth Tilt and /or Lurch...................

.....................The Big Dipper, which is directly overhead at 10PM CST, was approximately 30 degrees Too Far East.

Over the next Seven Hours I watched as the Big Dipper slowly moved West, but not nearly as Far as it should have…

By 5 AM CST, The Big Dipper should have been another 60 Degrees to the Northwest!

The Big Dipper was still Overhead at a Position in the skies it should have occupied Five and One Half Hours Ago!!!

At Five AM CST, The Big Dipper was approximately 10 degrees to the West of Directly Overhead.

This is Absolutely Astounding!!!!

Now, I am not sure what to make of this. I have no real way of verifying this and with the recent early clock changes with daylight savings and such, how can anyone tell where the stars and such are supposed to be? Didn't the bible say that the beast would set out to change the set times and seasons, and here we are the actual original timepiece of God - the heavens - may be changing.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
just a quickie: very hot, very early here in france, mid april and hit 40°.
also how big and where is the mysterious planet "X"

could this contribute to "wobble" one for the conspiracy theorists eh.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Nerbot, well, I don't know about "planet X" approaching, but there is a lot of weird stuff going on. It's going on in space, on the planet, under the earth, in the skies, et cetera.We are living in some strange times indeed.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
yeah, sorry bout the planet X thing....

damn sure this weather is screwed up though.
many old peeps here will suffer this summer, dead lawns, hosepipe bans, poor crops..... one good thing though, the grapevines here (all round my house but not mine) will grow well. Guess there will be plenty of wine, cognac and pineau to drown our sorrows.

Certain if things carry on like this it will be record weather statistics.

Will take time to read and absorb what is in this thread when I can though.
Thanx

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
yeah, sorry bout the planet X thing....

Well, I am not saying that I don't believe in "planet X," I just don't know if it has any effect over what is going on now though.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
If this was true, then the astronomy charts in books I have (that were printed 30 years ago and more) would not be accurate.

They're accurate.

I think that the original person reporting this is not familiar with how the constellations change through the seasons and thinks we only see the same view night after night. Because of the way our planet wobbles naturally, the constellations on the horizon in January are not the same ones in February... and the ones on the horizon on June 2nd aren't in the same place on June 10th.

Remember, if the sky changed... REALLY changed... you'd see it all over the astronomy forums. You might be able to "hide it from the public" but you'd never hide it from the skywatchers.

Particularly now. Did you know that this is the season of one of the annual meteor showers? So there's more than the usuaal number of folks looking at the night sky.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Byrd, I am not sure exactly what you are addressing? Who implied that the sky was changing?

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
I think that the original person reporting this is not familiar with how the constellations change through the seasons and thinks we only see the same view night after night. Because of the way our planet wobbles naturally, the constellations on the horizon in January are not the same ones in February... and the ones on the horizon on June 2nd aren't in the same place on June 10th.

Unless of course this scenario is like that movie "Somewhere in Time", where reality was skewed so long as the environment fit the observers beliefs. When something came along and disrupted that, reality was altered back to the present. I know, Byrd, you do not believe in such a thing, but it is just an idea I have been toying with. There does seem to be a lot of people lately complaining that they are observing astronomical anomalies - more so than usual. I do not believe it is coincidence. I believe people are either seeing or believing in some sort of change. What they are seeing is not provable but still their numbers are escalating. Maybe everyone is going crazy, huh?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

Yep, here is a recent thread addressing this:

Last Week I Saw The Sun Set in The East

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

----Thread Update----

Great thread update.

Shift of Earth

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link