It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Earth Changing Its Rotation?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Something occurred to me. If the earth is rotating away from the sun, does that mean the sun is losing it's gravitational pull on the planets in general? To me, that's sort of a frightening thought that we may just wind up floating around aimlessly.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
I am a believer in upcoming ~EARTH CHANGES~
In so much that I think that a change in the earths rotation is SUPPOSED to happen. Alot of people refer to it as a 'polar flip' in that the poles of the planet will completley change. I do not know if it means change exact positions so that North is now South, or maybe even only change halfway so what we now know as the equator will become the polar region.... Now weather it happens super fast, or slowly is yet to be decerned.

I can tell you this, April the 7th it snowed and it stuck to the ground here in Waco,Texas... Now, that to me is just bizarre to me. I don't ever remember in my 30 years of life it snowing in April. Never.

I do believe that this expected "pole shift" will be perceived more as a change in climate than an actual shifting of the poles. That's just my theory. The Northern states will become hot while Southern states will become quite a bit colder.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I am of the understanding that it IS in FACT and actual flip of the earth polarity, and not just weather patterns....hence all the fear of massive quakes and volcanoes killing off all of mankind during the massive polar shift.

Here in Utah today my heater is on :O very unusuall as this is normally barefoot weather.
We got snow in the mnts wich is not that unusual but the serious cold front we have is strange indeed. We hit freezing temps 2 nights in a row the 9th & 10th. I am worried about crops.

I swear I saw somewhere in the bible or maybe the un cannonised biblical books, where one day during some battle.....our hero side was loosing and they prayed. Then the following day the sun rose from the opposite side of the earth from what was normal, and they won the battle.
When I heard this I immediately thought of the polar shift and was calmed by thinking maybe it just is that easy and the sun just comes up in opposition of what we are used to..........

I need to state I am not a believer in the bible as the word of God, but I do think it can have SOME historical facts in it....so if its true, then maybe that blurb is written witness to a pole shift taking place?

Now here you are showing actual graffs for all of us to see this change with our own eyes. This is a very informative thread indeed!

[edit on 13-4-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
My theory is, solar flares are increasing, within that, Earth is suffering a lot of changes.
Call me crazy, but I think Earth is going away from the sun mainly because the incidence of light is increasing. Once I saw a theory about the equilibrium of the celestial bodies, it states that it isn't maintained by their masses but by their emission of "light".
Maybe we should see if this is happening to other planets too, if there's some kind of correlation.

I know that sounds absurd, but who knows, maybe that makes sense somehow.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Real abduction caught on tape?

Hi speak the truth, i made a post also but it's not getting much attention and I guess I don't blame people, but can you have a look at it see what you think as I have replied a few times since on here, one favour for another type thing. It's up to you but maybe I have answered the post my self and its reached a dead end.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I can tell you this, April the 7th it snowed and it stuck to the ground here in Waco,Texas... Now, that to me is just bizarre to me. I don't ever remember in my 30 years of life it snowing in April. Never.

1979, Lubbock, Easter weekend.

From NOAA's cached data:

THE LAST TIME SNOW FELL IN APRIL WAS ON APRIL 2, 1992. THIS
IS ALSO THE HEAVIEST DAILY SNOWFALL TO OCCUR AT WACO SINCE
JANUARY 13, 1982 WHEN 6.0 INCHES FELL.

So, as you see, it does happen... but only about once every 15 years or so.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
...and having said that, could we take some time out for some Earth Science?

Yes, the Earth is wobbling on its axis. We've known this for over 2,000 years. In fact, the famous "Mayan Calendar ends!" stuff is based on the fact that the Mayans knew and could measure the Earth's wobble.

This is called "precession of the equinoxes" and you can read up on it here:
en.wikipedia.org...

But the Earth has a very complex pattern in its orbit (you wouldn't have known this unless you went into paleontology, archaeology, geology, or astronomy). There are several "loops" to this pattern that all work together and are part of the mechanisms that is suspected to cause ice ages:
en.wikipedia.org...

Large events (like the eruption of the Siberian supervolcano (which lasted a million years en.wikipedia.org... )) can cause shifts in this wobble, but as you see it doesn't knock us off orbit.

I'll be happy to answer questions about this, though. I don't know everything but I did have to learn some stuff about the Milankovtch cycle and precessions.

This, by the way, is not the same thing as the wandering of the magnetic poles.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I've noticed the sun seems higher for this time of year, I'm not sure if it could be caused by the "wobble" or this new theory.
The reason I say it seems higher is that I have a 6 foot fence at the bottom my garden which cast a shadow.
There are parts of the garden that are in full sun which never got any till June,I've asked the wife and she agrees.
We're both keen gardeners and have been planning the borders for the last 5 years, for light and shade loving plants, this is how I came to notice the suns height. Although we have moved plants the borders and the layout of the garden hasn't changed, neither has the fence.

I'm not sure if it's connected to what your discussing, just my 2p.

spyke

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
There is a connection between the Earth, its rotation/wobble, and the pyramids at Giza/Stonehenge in UK..

Anyone who knows what im talking about please contact me, as im looking for answers in this particular area of my research, thanks

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Not sure about this (try to keep it clean so the mods dont warn me anymore today)... But would the moon have to alter its course as well? the moon is what creates the earths 'wobble' afterall?

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I swear I saw somewhere in the bible or maybe the un cannonised biblical books, where one day during some battle.....our hero side was loosing and they prayed. Then the following day the sun rose from the opposite side of the earth from what was normal, and they won the battle.
When I heard this I immediately thought of the polar shift and was calmed by thinking maybe it just is that easy and the sun just comes up in opposition of what we are used to..........

[edit on 13-4-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

I recall reading the same account in the Bible. If I remember correctly, the sun rose as usual... in the West. The "day" lasted for the length of a day and a night, and then the Sun SET in the West... and has ever since. I've tried to find where it is in the bible but can't find it... maybe someone will set me straight on the facts of the account. It happens during a long battle.

Anyway, the point is, it might have actually happened, as many accounts in the Old Testament seem or do exist or have actually happened. But, I don't want to start a fist-fight over this. It's just a possible historical clue.

On another account, there is a somewhat obscure psychic named Gordon-Michael Scallion who has predicted this shift of the poles "by six or seven degrees to the west at a time, occuring two or three times, between 1998 and 2012". Again, just another possible clue. (And again, I do not wish to start a debate of GMS's merits.)

This is all anedotal and ... interesting in view of this thread having appeared. Doubllessly there are great changes afoot.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
FINALLY! Somebody put up this thread!

I've been thinking for some time about this subject, and a lot of subjects could probably fit in here quite easily. But in any event...

I'm glad you brought up the subject.

I'll try not to rant too, too much, but bring up some issues that have been not only plaguing me but most probably everyone else.

1. The effects of the planet Mars in conjunction with the close proximity with Earth (the closest that these 2 planets have been every 65,000,000 - million years -give or take a few million years - don't care for schematics)

2. The recent (and only to date?) calendar change RE: Daylight Savings Time.

3. Accumulating and compounding - severe weather changes within the last 100 recorded years (my favorite saying is: 'is the world getting worse or the media getting better').

4. The Predicted Mayan Calendar and others.

5. Geological & Astrological terms: 'The earth is travelling at over 65,000 miles per hour (there's that magic number 65 - sorry.. just caught myself on that one)

"Don't forget the 19.5 degrees axies 'anomalies' that can be seen on earth and mars or any other planets?...sorry, sorry, cutting myself off of another tangent".

Back to topic:

The Earth travels at such a volocity, that humans can't 'sense' this movement; however, the earth and our solar system 'exhibit' changes from other influential bodies(stars, planets, etc); while making our way thruough the universe: to have affects on our planet.

6. Do supposed aliens from a different world, or perhaps mankind (in the wings) have the capability to control weather?

7. Are we 'due' for a polar shift?
According to Scientists that have studied the calendars and astronomical stars (corrulating between ancient and present date), the earth travels amongst the universe and is never in the same place.
the stars that are closest to the earth would have a gravitional pull on the earth besides our own sun.
This is what gives the earth the axis that it has now.

8. Is our sun going through changes? Why is Mars also exhibiting polar icecap meltings?

[edit on 13-4-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Please forgive my ignorance, but if the earth tilts, what happens?
Do we end up somewhere else? Would we be aware? Would it happen in seconds or days or months?

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfoo
Not sure about this (try to keep it clean so the mods dont warn me anymore today)... But would the moon have to alter its course as well? the moon is what creates the earths 'wobble' afterall?

Yes, the moon's wobble alters very very very slightly... perhaps a dozen feet in the course of 300,000 miles.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Do we end up somewhere else? Would we be aware? Would it happen in seconds or days or months?

Nope. In fact, one of the planets in our solar system (Uranus) has rolled completely on its side in the far past and it didn't come apart or violate the laws of physics.

And remember, the Earth has been rotating at a tilt for several billion years.

The planet wouldn't just "fall over" like a top that stopped spinning. It takes a force to move the rotation out of kilter. Either a small force over a very long time or a planet-busting force over a very short time.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by dgtempe

Nope. In fact, one of the planets in our solar system (Uranus) has rolled completely on its side in the far past and it didn't come apart or violate the laws of physics.

And remember, the Earth has been rotating at a tilt for several billion years.

The planet wouldn't just "fall over" like a top that stopped spinning. It takes a force to move the rotation out of kilter. Either a small force over a very long time or a planet-busting force over a very short time.

Inquiry?

What would happen if we didn't have a moon?

I want to stay on topic about the Earth's rotations et al.

Just courious...would it matter if we had a moon in orbit at all?

Any effect?

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
1. The effects of the planet Mars in conjunction with the close proximity with Earth (the closest that these 2 planets have been every 65,000,000 - million years -give or take a few million years - don't care for schematics)

Mars' gravity is 1/3 that of Earth's, you know. And the distance from the Earth to Mars is 1 1/2 times the distance of the Earth to the Sun.

Given that the Earth's gravity is 3 times as powerful as Mars and that the Sun's gravitational field envelops us and Mars is 1 1/2 times as far away... there really isn't any impact at all. Except a pretty light show in the sky.

3. Accumulating and compounding - severe weather changes within the last 100 recorded years (my favorite saying is: 'is the world getting worse or the media getting better').

Measurements are getting better, and you aren't really into weather history. There's a lot of time periods (google "the little ice age" sometime) when weather was worse.

Like the Cretaceous.

The Earth travels at such a volocity, that humans can't 'sense' this movement; however, the earth and our solar system 'exhibit' changes from other influential bodies(stars, planets, etc); while making our way thruough the universe: to have affects on our planet.

They have about the same gravitational influence as the cat at the house five houses away from yours. Seriously. Do the math.

6. Do supposed aliens from a different world, or perhaps mankind (in the wings) have the capability to control weather?

Human attempts to control the weather have not been very successful.

7. Are we 'due' for a polar shift?

Yes. Within the next 10,000 years. Nobody knows when.

According to Scientists that have studied the calendars and astronomical stars (corrulating between ancient and present date), the earth travels amongst the universe and is never in the same place.

True.

the stars that are closest to the earth would have a gravitional pull on the earth besides our own sun.

The closest star is 4 light years away (other than the sun.) The next closest is about 10 light years away. Some of them are thousands of light years away.

They have no effect. You can do the math yourself.

This is what gives the earth the axis that it has now.

Actually, it's a much nearer gravitational item... the moon. Now THAT has some influence (remember the tides!)

8. Is our sun going through changes? Why is Mars also exhibiting polar icecap meltings?

Yes. The sun is a cyclical star and has a lot of regular patterns of changes. Some are very long-term.

Who knows? We haven't been able to see Mars clearly until about the last 60 years. So we don't have much data.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster

Inquiry?

What would happen if we didn't have a moon?

I want to stay on topic about the Earth's rotations et al.

Just courious...would it matter if we had a moon in orbit at all?

Any effect?

We would be screwed without the moon. The moon is what creates the earths tilt (wobble) without it we dont have the 4 seasons. Basically earth would be dead. its rotation would be non existent much like our own moon. Have you ever heard of the dark side of the moon? Its because the moon doesnt have its own rotation. Without the moon one side of the earth would be scorched due to it getting all the sunlight while the other side would be dark and cold 24/7. Without the moon life on earth is non existant. Some ppl believe that the moon can and has in the past caused earth quakes and tsunamis along with other phenomenons on earth due to its gravitational pull on earth.

[edit on 023030p://0204am by semperfoo]

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I don't want to die but it looks like we might not have any choice in the matter. The Earth's rotation slowing causing time to slow, global warming and then the impending ice age to follow. Not to mention that the Earth is moving away from the Sun just as the Moon is moving away from the Earth We're doomed! We're doomed! I don't want to die!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Do you think that this could be why earth's magnetic field is weakening, and that the birds dying, could have something to do with changes in the magnetic field?

Maybe I'm an idiot, but it seems like they may be related.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join