It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hindustan Times - 1/2 of Muslim Women are Backwards

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Hindustan Times

Okay - dont' shoot the messenger. I have NO idea if this 'survey' is accurate or if it is Hindu propaganda against Muslims. I am just bringing you the news. I report - you decide.

According to this newly released article, Muslim women are more 'backwards' than Hindu women. Muslim women dont' read the newspaper or watch the news nearly as much as Hindu women. They don't know about AIDs, etc etc ....

Like I said, I can't tell if this is accurate or not.
We I don't know if we can confirm or debunk this.
But it's worth a shot.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
If true, I'd posit that the reasons behind it are simple: muslim women are not educated on the whole. Education is necessary to read papers, know about AIDs, et cetera...and while I know there are muslim cultures wherein women are indeed educated, for the generalities expressed in the article, one looks to the educated muslim woman as the exception rather than the rule.

Regards-
Aimless

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
The key is social upliftment.

Most low income group muslim households will have educated literate women. All middle class and upper class income groups will have educated muslim women. However this income group deviation for muslims is more skewed than hindu counterparts.
On the other hand the, Chirstian community in India leads in this dept in all aspects.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   
The way I look at it, all humans are capable of rational, self learning, and independant thought. Then religion steps in the way and screws things up. All religion is guilty of this.

Wether this is propeganda or not, all religion is guilty of biasing human minds into thinking one way or another, and it's usually away from rationality.

top topics

join