It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That's It!!! Damn Us All...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I find it utterly laughable that people, some claiming to be educated believe in religion. Are your lives that hollow and empty you need to say you are from, and live for some bearded kids story in the sky?

Let's not leave out the squat 5 bellied chappy and all those in between... are you people for real? I can understand people beliveing in religion when man kind had just learned to make fire and wipe his own backside - but in this day and age - religion is a fabricated joke to control the masses and pander to ones fears.

Bleat Bleat.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quackmaster
I find it utterly laughable that people, some claiming to be educated believe in religion. Are your lives that hollow and empty you need to say you are from, and live for some bearded kids story in the sky?

I am not a religious man, people who frequent the BTS theology forum already know this. I do, hoever, recognize the human need for religion.

While I, and others, may not agree spiritually with religion and the spiritual constraints which it places on individuals, I am not so vain in my beliefs as to assume that those who are religious are any less intelligent or rational.

Since the dawn of mans self awareness a need for religion (or a belief system which you may label as such) has existed. This need existed beacuse with self awareness comes the knowledge (but not the understanding) of our mortality. A knowledge of mortality without an understanding of what it really is, what happens afterwards or why it occurs is the building block by which ritual and religious practice develops.

You may not agree with it and, hell, I do not agree with the way in which religion may be used as a persuasive and seemingly 'righteous' social tool. But a lack of agreement does not make those who follow religion fools; it does not make them any less intelligent then yourself or I.

Why an individual believes in a religious doctrine is knowledge unto themselves. They may have been raised with it, they may have been indoctrinated into it (which is not a good thing in my opinion), they may have had an experience which they percieved as 'holy' in nature or they may just wish to belong to something larger then themselves. Regardless of their reason you have no right to criticize the intellect of religious individuals as a whole.

Individual peoples may prove to be ignorant; may prove to be someone who you wish to not associate with...if that is the case you leave that person be from your life and you do not assume that all who follow the same religious path are one in the same.

And now, back to the topic of this thread: What are your feelings on the issue at hand?

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Dear god spines, good job for sticking it out all weekend! That guy that tried to tell you you were wrong because you were the only one arguing (hey what about me?) was priceless! I'm done now though, it's boring, pointless, and going nowhere.

To those of you that hope the end times will get here faster (because of rapture?) all I can say is you and me both!

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by spines...A collection of stories and teachings does not seem to weigh in on this matter...unless of course you believe in prophecy.

You're right there, but...Mikeboy brought up an interesting point. There are those who believe another serpentine race existed on Earth during antedeluvial times. Personally, I'm not totally sold on it. And one has to wonder what their moral codes were...word has it they ate humans!

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Artificial Sperm... hmm.

Is it immoral to provide female sexual organs to a Male who has undergone sexual transition to be female?

Is the same true for a woman that wasn't born with the important bits of her anatomy?

Is it moral for anyone to change genders at all?

We fear what we do not understand, and fear is the reigns that guide the (im)morality of the many.

If it is to be done, then it is done. If not here, then elsewhere shall it pass. There is desire forward in the human spirit, and there is no caution that would assuage that thirst for power.

To control the body, the flesh, the mind... mould it and shape it with will alone. To make true equality of all, granting whatever rights to the different as the normal ones have.

They say it isn't right, that two women should bear eachother's offspring... or be allowed to conjugate their genetic data to form a child. They say it is dangerous, threatening, possibly a disaster of great proportions.

Yet they do not know. Their hearts wish to forbid it, and push it away, that they might not only avoid witnessing it... but avoid imagining it coming to pass.

Its immoral. Wrong. Sick. Twisted. A waste of Time. A waste of Money. A thoroughly fetid, rotting view of science... to do what one wills.

Then yay, let us tie a yoke around our necks to the established divine. For fear of our own demise, of ending it all with our thirst for control of every finite and infinite expanse of this earthly realm we exist upon.

Forever to live in the shadow of what should not be, what should never be. Fear the abomination that is science, blind yourself and your neighbor. Walk backwards into the past, as the sand in the hourglass runs out for mankind.

Staying put will not allay the eventual demise. Going backwards, neither, will assuage the eventual entropy of all things. Moving forward only prolongs the eventuality, for all good things must come to an end.

I choose forward, into madness. I choose forward, into horror and insanity. I choose forward, into the mind-bleeding edges of reason and insanity. That we should devour the whole of all, and burn like a furnace in our existence.

For in the muted echoes of our vaunted passage, only silence will follow. The universe having forgotten quite abruptly our passing.

Perhaps others will come, curious of the causes of the passing, mere echoes will remain and only just.

I do not desire shackles to the free soul. I desire the will to mastery of the self, of all that is. There is no fear in true freedom, no sorrow, no shame, no hatred. Only the searing passion of the fleeting span that is I.

I am not afraid of pig-men. Or hyper-feminized ninth generation lesbians, whether they fall apart at the seams or not. I am not afraid of cold, lifeless sentience that calculates and decides that mankind's dusk is now, for of them goes we. I am not afraid of world-spanning plagues, or the eventual suffering thereof... for here I was and my echo will be forgotten just as yours.

There is no fear in me... do what you will. That everyone may do what they will. You may hate, murder, rape, pillage, scorn, despise, and deceive to your hearts delight. In the end, I shall forgive any trespasses... and only feel some sadness that acceptance and love was not more utilitarian to the various.

Let two women have children, damn the consequences. For goes them, knowledge flourishes... whether ill conceived or well designed in the pregnancy of mind, the outcome will be known and then mankind will adjust accordingly.

Let no man judge, for man lacks wisdom and cannot speak as to his brothers folly, for all are fools.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
You know, at this point I wouldn't blame God at all if he were to end the world. Everyday events get sicker and sicker as we seem to slide down a very slippery slope to Armageddon. I don't want to be an alarmest but I have to ask: "Where/when does it end?"

We just keep trying to out do ourselves. Pig/Human hybrids, cloning, nanotech, dna engineering... the list goes on. Does anyone care anymore? Does anyone stop to think about the morality of it? Or are we at the point in our evolution that we just don't give a damn anymore? Who are we to mess with nature in this way?

Damn us all...

I know how you feel, but I don't think it works that "God" is some person with human feelings that will say "ok f*ck them all. I'm sick of it".

Yet in all our life there has been no 'contact' from another consiousness (higher or equal) that we can really see as evidence of God. Don't get me wrong, the bible and koran and such are all loads of fun, but its not evidence in my opinion. at the very least "not anymore".

A freaky box with, in ancient greek, "property of Pandora, age 7" written on it is what I would call evidence. or perhaps that nice Ark still in working order, not some story that my elders say was true a long time ago. What about forgery? Da Vinci Code anyone? Why Dead Sea Scrolls? if it's our ORIGIN it would have been complete from the start.

If you think about it, we simply exist.
Fragments of truth are remembered and passed on now ... and perhaps that was all it was to begin with.

If you ask me about God, I would say this as response:

Long ago, God was one and the universe was one. Creation started, but the one thing that could not be created was experience from a point of view that was not omnipresent with all craetion. (if you make a movie, you will never watch it for a first time)

Therefore, God made beings. A physical being that could experience creation from within, in stead of being part of the whole.

But God went wrong.
After creating loads of animals living according to natural law, he though up a being that would be aware like him; able to look at things and question the hell out of it. animals that followed natural law had none of his conscious level and experiences more by instinct.

Then Once he created human and being conscious as one (omniconscious!), His level of consciousness (gradually) became 'blocked' off by it's physical fleshy prison. He lost his omnipresent consciousness and experience self-consiousness for the first time. He was now one individual in a unending world of seperate matter.

So he experienced creation as He intended him (the physical body) to see.
No knowing a damn thing about this world, he questioned everything he could but there were no answers for him anymore.

Then the physical body continued it's creation. To adhere to the nature of the universe is law, thus he was no longer one but now two. He was and so was his opposite. The male and female came to existence. With two bodies experiencing creation, his consciousness further split into two beings. Neither one could remember their origin of omnipresence.

Ever since, the universal consciousness has been 'trapped' in a lower frequency, or vibration ... trapped in the physical world as part of the world and no longer conscious of being the world.

If you ask me, this explains why 'daddy' hasn't come to check up on his 'kids' for at least 2007 years. It also explains to me the reason for the lack of information concerning creation.

Within this way of thinking you start to see a spiral event launching us back to an awareness and understanding that can only mean one thing: mankind is going somewhere. not in a physical sense, but surely on a conscious level. And that goes both ways. Where some move forward, others will respond negatively and act out with negative emotion.

(based upon the YHVH principle and my own opinions)

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
On topic: If the females would be able to actually produce sperm based on their god may know what, you'd get babies with Y Y chromosomes.

I wonder what kind of effects that would bring.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
i think God left us alone for a great period and we lost our path,we must forgive ourselves for our errors,famine,global wars,child abuse and move on....we can change

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
lol, though I respect your belief that this is all gods doing, I'll speak for the scientific half, at least my half of it...

We as a species are going through growing pains. We are advancing enough to understand our own differences, and how these differences can benefit us, rather than simply attack it outright for being different.

With all advancements in Mankind, there are always parts of the race who do not take kindly to change, nor advancement. Religion has been guilty of this in the past on numerous occasions, they've even burned people at the stake for performing early chemistry, naming them Witches and Heathens.

But it's not just the religious who step in the way of progress, there is also the older generations, who naturally fear what they do not understand. Not all of them do this, but we are all familiar with our parents telling us that our music is degenerative back when we were children.

Imagine what kind of social growing pains we will encounter when we start genetically designing a whole superior replacement for our race... or dare I say, encorporating intelligent machines into our race...
... Just imagine the hell the religious organizations will pull when that happens.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join