It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican drug lords use new tools to intimidate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   

CNN.com

MEXICO CITY, Mexico (AP) -- Drug traffickers are waging a highly effective publicity campaign in Mexico that began with a chilling show of brutality in Acapulco: two police officers' heads, streaming with blood, were stuck on metal spikes outside a downtown building with a fluorescent cardboard sign. "So that you learn to respect," it read in thick black letters.

The spectacle a year ago in the Pacific resort set off a ghoulish trend among the drug lords battling for billion-dollar smuggling routes into the United States. They've since left a trail of bodies and bloodstained notes across Mexico, with a goal of spreading fear -- a sense of dread so deep that rivals, police, witnesses and even President Felipe Calderon won't dare cross them.
No longer. The drug gangs now publish newspaper ads and tack threatening notes to corpses with ice picks or tape them to trash bags filled with body parts for public display. They're even using the Internet, posting a video on YouTube that showed the apparent beheading of an alleged hit man.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I find it shocking that I haven't heard more about this supposed beheading of a man by Mexican drug lords. It was apparently posted on YouTube earlier this month.

After reading articles like this, I can't believe that some people are still against enforcing our border. If we don't, this is going to spread more and more into the U.S.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
And to the World!!!!!

What message is this passing to the world community?

Drugs in any form should be condemmed. I do understand that there is a very large market of these illegal products, however the extreme measure taken by these individuals or organisations states the motivation of these ruthless people.

I hope something is done about this and the borders are protected to prevent penetration into the larger markets.

Rgds
K23

new topics

join