It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

am i being watched?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Alright, this is freaking me out, makes me really paranoid to go to this site or anything. I found out some stuff about the government a while back that everybody on this site already knows, it is old news...and i told my friend about it, we were just re talking about it. Well, i was at my friends house today and we were talking to our other friend on the phone. Well, my friend hears a strange beeping in the backround of the conversation, and asks me if his phone is tapped. The beep sounds off every 15 seconds or so, and it's just a simple, quick beep. We think his phone is being tapped.

Earlier that night, a crimson colored SUV pulls up right before my driveway, and puts/takes something out of the bush in my front yard. The vehicle just stops, the driver gets out, runs to the bush, reaches in, and runs back to his vehicle. After he left, i went to check if something was in there, and there was nothing as i could see, so i assumed he took something out of it.

Later that night, while im still at my friends house, someone walks up his drive way. He freaks out and runs to the living room and jumps down. I go up to the window to check, and theres nobody there. After i went home that night, he calls me and says there is something in the bush that the person walks up to. He says that the object is a dark silver, and that it is sqaure with a hole like shape in the center pointed at his window. He thinks it's a camera.

Ever since i found out about things, things like that have been happening to me and my friend. It did not just start tonight either. Some of the other things that have happened to us is that there has been strange cars parked near our house, some lady going around and taking some picture of my and his house, without taking pictures of any others, and a middle aged man walking our street at night, stopping at me and my friends house, watching, and looking in our windows, and only our houses too, we watched him.

Do you think me and my friend are being followed or are we just being too paranoid? is there any way to know for sure if were being followed, without risking our lives?

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
sorry...i accidentally posted this in the wrong section...can a mod or somebody move it to military and government projects...or does this belong here? well, can u still reply and help me out...

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
even if some one is tapping your phones and this and that, they just want to find out what u know and what your actions insclue. ie, hacking or plotting something.once they know your just the guy next door then they will leave you. orrr your just trippen out

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Firstly, wrong forum mate. This should be in general or skunkworks. EDIT: You addressed that, never mind

Secondly, maybe you are just being paranoid, but if you are telling the truth, it does make you wonder why someone is putting cameras in your garden.

The main thing that jumps out at me though is that spying on someone is like a surprise party... the target isn't meant to know it is happening. So, if you really were being watched by the government, i'm sure they could do it in far more discreet ways than getting some guy to run like a little girl to and from your garden to place cameras.

[edit on 13-4-2007 by fooffstarr]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
lol yea probably...but the people...their all secret and what not...like the woman taking pictures just looked like a normal lady taking pictures...untill she started only taking pictures of me and my friends house and we noticed...and that guy walking wouldn't have been noticed if my friends step dad didn't come home and notice him...and then the car....if i wouldn't have heard it's breaks, (terrible by the way) then i wouldn't have paid attention to it...

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4n1m4t0r
The beep sounds off every 15 seconds or so, and it's just a simple, quick beep. We think his phone is being tapped.

Well first off, fooffstarr is correct; if you were being surveilled by the government you would not be aware of the situation in the slightest. If they wish to monitor your phone they can do so remotely, and there is certainly no beeping sound associated with it. Every call is monitored now anyway through Echelon.

After i went home that night, he calls me and says there is something in the bush that the person walks up to. He says that the object is a dark silver, and that it is sqaure with a hole like shape in the center pointed at his window. He thinks it's a camera.

Does it look like this:
Or this:
If possible take a picture of the object and post it, so we can attempt to identify it.

some lady going around and taking some picture of my and his house, without taking pictures of any others

Now logically speaking, why would they want a picture of your house? The women is more likely a realtor, or photographing something else in the area. Either way though if it makes you uncomfortable, then call your police (non-emergency number) and report that a suspicious person is taking pictures out in front of your place.

Same thing holds true for any suspicious cars, people, or activity around your house. When you talk to the police, tell them you're concerned that your house is being cased for a burglary, there is a better chance that this is what in fact is happening, then it being some intelligence operation.

Of course there is the possibility that someone is survailling someone in your house using a private investigation company, which is often done by employers, insurance companies, and private citizens. There are an infinite number of reasons why this type of activity could be going on, including: corporate espionage, insurance fraud, or extramarital activity.

[edit on 4/13/2007 by defcon5]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Well, why not go out there and grab the supposed camera from out of the bush? I don't understand why you're not investigating it. Could you explain a bit more for me please what exactly is going on?

TheBorg

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I think it would be wiser that he just photograph it for the moment, so folk here can identify it first...

If it ends up being a water meter, gas meter, electric meter, part of their cable, phone, or sprinkler system then it could be a big mess, potentially illegal, and possibly even dangerous to be mucking about with it. The person checking it sounds a bit like a meter-reader to me.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
WHOO my first post on ATS

go outside one night, with you and at least a few friends...set up some chairs and what not and just hang out outside...and see if the people still do the activity's you described.

maybe approach some of these people...

and set up camera's, take pics and what not.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
by the way he described it to me, the object didn't sound like a meter of any kind. he described it to be perfectly sqaure, dark silver, that had a hole formation in the front....he was thinking maybe it was a lens piece or something...if it mysteriously shows up in the bush again, then i will tell him to take a good picture of it...he couldn't really see it much tho, since it was night, so he might have been mistaken...

yea, the lady probably was a realator or something, but were not thinking of selling our house anytime soon or doing anything with it like that...and im the only one in the house hold that believes in government cover ups...my dad just laughs at me when i try to explain why think some things are being covered up...maybe it's because he was an mp at one time and refuses to believe it...

yea, that's REAL smart...if someone like the government WAS after us, i dont think it would be a good idea to sit out and wait for them, even if it would prevent them to set up cameras and stuff, they would just find another way, or think we know their after us (which they probably already do, if they are) and shoot us or something :S...we had already planned on setting up some cameras next week...our own cameras in his yard and stuff...his mom is planning on buying some cameras to see if anybody tries sneaking our or in to keep an eye on her children...but we want to use it for a different reason that i doubt she would let us, so he has to buy his own.

The surveillence is very secret, i dont think we would have noticed if we were not paranoid...because it was all later at night around like 11pm...and nobody just randomly stops at your house, reaches in a bush, and drives off at 11pm at night! We checked the bush out today, and there was a hole where normally there isn't...my friend noticed it, since he usually hides there to try to scare me or something when i come outside, and he notices alot about that particular bush since he has to find every hole to peek through...

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Set up a Webcam, and make a 24/7 recording on your hard drive, or even a live stream onto the net, where others on here at different time zones can watch.

Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Try to think WHY the government would want to keep you under surveillance. You shouldn't panic just because you may now have a different outlook on the world. Unless you have something to hide, if thats the case, watch out.

Perhaps his phone was beeping because it was low on batteries or someone was trying to call him?

[edit on 16-4-2007 by aaronman]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Quit freaking your selves out. You are going down the path to paranoia. And my red flag on this goes up because if you and your friend were so deeply involved in revealing some conspiracy, your friend wouldnt be just "telling" you about the part he "found" in the bushes he would be running it to show you. Also you state that there was a"hole" in the bushes and then in the same sentance you say that your friend hangs out in there. Your friend might be just trying to create some paranoid drama. And I bet your battery was low on your phone. Try hanging it up to recharge. Are you sure your not making all of this up?

new topics

top topics

join