It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mothman sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Old Lady in The Dominican Republic

A have a friend who grew up in the country side of the Dominican Republic. Basically the houses there have tin roofs, and the stove was man made, consisting of large rocks and fire. He was a child of about 8 and they lived very happily by the lake. Whenever they needed to use the washroom, it was a separate small building (like an outhouse) a short walking distance form the house.

Anyway, last year I went to visit his family, all who still live in the Dominican Republic, and I got talking with his mom. Her name is Clara. She is a dedicated Christian woman who helped the sick in the village. I asked her if she had ever seen a UFO (just for curiosity sake.) She told me she had not seen one that she knew of. She did tell me another story though:

She said that something very strange thing had happened to her about 20 years earlier. One night she needed to go to the bathroom, so walk a short distance to the outhouse in the back. This is in a very wooded area. This was a usual thing they would do on a daily bases. Once she got out there, she mentioned she heard a noise in the trees, and looked up to see what it might be. Upon looking up she said a winged creature was hovering over her. She said it has eyes that were very red and it was very tall. She proceeded to stare at it for a moment and ran back to the house.

Now, I have never studied or read anything about the moth man, but upon hearing this story it kind of freaked me out and got me interested in the possibilty.

Just wondering does this sound familiar to anything you have ever heard about?

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
... you have submitted your post in the wrong forum.
This subject should belong in Cryptozoology and Mythical beasts.
Moderator please forward this post to the relevant forum

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
[edit on 13-4-2007 by Ashley_T]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
i've heard quite a bit about the moth man recently, but to be honest, i always thought it was a joke! once i actually sat down and did some internet digging i discovered this thing is as much believed in and hyped as any of the high profile cryptids like nessie or the 'foot.
i even heard a story that one was regularly spotted flying to an abandoned military installation, and was seen going into a concrete bunker. weird, no?

there are a few stories that indicate this guy is malevolent - following people to their houses and banging on their windows and doors.

personally i think this is a load of old guff, but *shrug* until it's proved or disproved, what right have i got to deny it?

top topics

join