It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avatars by Request (by Mechanic 32)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Oh no, this image is fine. In fact I am already 90% finished removing the black text.

I am also going to resize it to 160 x 320 pixels, as right now it is a little smallish.

Perhaps a bit of touch up work to bring out the details a bit is in order as well.

What do you want in the text? Your username, or..??

The logo, top or bottom? And what color for the logo?

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
my username is a tad long so i was thinking THE KING in big fancy letters on the top and for the ats logo the bottom would be nice in a kinda silverish and blackish color to it

if im being too vague lemme know

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by adamiskthespacepirateking
my username is a tad long so i was thinking THE KING in big fancy letters on the top and for the ats logo the bottom would be nice in a kinda silverish and blackish color to it

Okay, I'll work it out.

Here is where I am so far. I still have to bring out the details a bit ( I'm thinking of sharpening the foreground figures a bit, and blurring the background. Should look good that way) and clean up some leftover .jpg compression artifacts a bit more, before I add text, and logo to it.

[edit on 6/14/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
lookin good man thanks again for working on it on such short notice

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Hey no problem, buddy! Actually I just finished most of the other photshop projects that I had been doing, and was looking for something new to work on.

You won't be disappointed, I promise!

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
im sure i will ill be up for another hour or so, after that ill prolly be headin to bed

-edit for half awake stupidity

[edit on ampThu, 14 Jun 2007 03:11:08 -0500/02/91 by adamiskthespacepirateking]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Okay here is the result...

If you decide to change your background color, the color at the top of the avatar is hex color code "fffdd3" and for the bottom color, it is "100c7e". Would probably look better with the bottom color blending with the background, imo. But that of course is entirely up to you, as it will cost 250 points and I see that you don't have a lot of points just yet.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
wow mechanic its wonderful but fro some reason im having issues uploading stuff to my upload space

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Okay, what seems to be the problem?

You can always use the image url itself, and enter that into the "Avatar Url" box.

To do that, right click on the image, go to "Properties" and copy the url there.

Then paste into the "Avatar Url" entry box.

[edit on 6/14/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
ok i got it working thanks mechanic its wonderful better than i hoped for

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by adamiskthespacepiratekingthanks mechanic

Your'e welcome!

its wonderful better than i hoped for

I told you that you wouldn't be diappointed!

If you ever find any other decent images you'd like to use as an avatar, let me know. The bigger the better. At least 160 pixels wide x 320 pixels tall. But of course, don't swamp me with requests.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
and now i feel like an idiot i just remembered where the original pic was and i have it :bash:
:bnghd: JEEZ!!! sometimes i amaze myself with my stupidity

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

and now i feel like an idiot i just remembered where the original pic was and i have it

Great! Upload it to Photobucket and send me the link.

And sometime later on I can make an upgraded version of your avatar!

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Avatar upgrade for adamisthespacepirateking...

[edit on 6/15/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
wow this avatar surpasses anything i was hoping for mechanic 32 man you are the best lol

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   

wow this avatar surpasses anything i was hoping for

I'm glad that you like it. I was trying to do something similar to that with the first image I worked on for you. (The results were less than fantastic at best, and kinda crummy at worst - lol)

But got much better results with the higher resolution source image.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
My latest animation. Just under 75kb, whew!

I wanted to do it a little better, but had to limit how many frames in the animation, as the colors are already down to 64.

But it was fun creating it, none-the-less.

[edit on 6/16/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
A quick touch-up (better blending) on this avatar for galm 1 (not my original design- just rework)

This one for angel_crush via u2u request from mum, AccessDenied...

^Just a crop and resize, and added name and logo.

And my latest signature, inspired by the signature I had made for chissler and thelibra...

edit to change image - wrong one...oops!

[edit on 6/17/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hi Mech, I am so amazed by your artistry. I am leaving on vacation for a few weeks and will be back. I wanted to ask you to do a special one for me. What I have in mind is an angel with blond and brown kind of highlighted hair (like mine) long and flowing. She has to be a little tattered and torn. Now I would like to see some flowing water like waves crashing gently with fire somewhere too. Then an armada of elliptical ships leaving in the distance. She will have a rainbow or crystal colored tear flowing down one eye. Let me know ok? Thankyou Antar Btw my spiritual name is Ma antar rishu it means divine mother of the inner flame. In other words denying ignorance of the soul.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar What I have in mind is an angel with blond and brown kind of highlighted hair (like mine) long and flowing. She has to be a little tattered and torn.
Okay, so far...

Now I would like to see some flowing water like waves crashing gently with fire somewhere too.

Do you want this animated? If so, it would have to be either fire or water, to reduce the amount of colors used. Using both red and blue, when the image is compressed, the quality will not be very good. Just so you know...

Then an armada of elliptical ships leaving in the distance.

What exactly are "elliptical ships"??
I have never heard that term before.

She will have a rainbow or crystal colored tear flowing down one eye.

A clearish tear with a possible rainbow hue? Very hard with animation, but I will see what I can do.

I'll be scouting for images.... I have a few already on hand (angels), so it won't be too long...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join