It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avatars by Request (by Mechanic 32)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
After much contemplation on the matter, I had decided to start once again offering avatars to members that request them from me.

--- A bit of history ---

I had asked that my previous thread be closed due to some unscrupulous members (who shall remain nameless) who would just go to the old thread and just take my avatars for there own use without my consent or foreknowledge.

That thread was basically a large collection of the avatars that I had created over the course of my stay here on ATS.

--- The new thread (this one) ----

This thread will not feature such collections. This thread is solely for the purpose of members requesting a custom avatar made by me.

--- Rules of engagement ---

If you are requesting an avatar from me, it would be good for me if you had some idea to start with; and good for you as well, as I don't want to take the time to create something that the recipient does not like. Best thing to do is to provide image(s) that you wish to be included, or at least give me a general idea on what to use as a theme. I am hardly creative enough to come up with ideas off the top of my head that would appeal to the masses, but I try my best to expand upon the ideas of the individual member.

--- Last Words ---

Please do not come to this thread to take without asking. Most of the Avatars in this thread are custom made for the member that requests it. Once I deliver the finished avatar to the member that requested it, it is no longer my property, and you would in effect be stealing from them as well.

--- Amnesty ---

Lastly, I hold nothing against those members who had previously taken my avatars without asking for them, and hold no grudges. I had not explicitly stipulated in the old thread that permission had to be asked to use my avatars, and for that I am at fault. So if you are using an avatar by me that you had not asked for, consider it a gift.

--- But ---

There's always a "but"...
If I find any member reappropriating the avatars from this thread for their own usage without proper consent or permission, I will report the matter to the staff here.

--- Let's Roll ---

Okay, let's kick this off!

Edit - title & clarity

[edit on 4/13/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Mechanic I would like a New custom Avatar. I was thinking something along the lines of a person [female, as I am] trying to get passed a chain link fence with an [AccessDenied] sign on it.Is this too tall of an order? Iam not really a big fan of anime unless it's realistic looking.Would be nice if the female resembled me in that I have very long dark brown hair. Can you give it a shot for me? I would be forever in your debt.BTW I am not extremely computer literate and I don't want to use a personal photo.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
I was thinking something along the lines of a person [female, as I am] trying to get passed a chain link fence with an [AccessDenied] sign on it.

Souds good to me, I'll give it a shot...

Is this too tall of an order?

As long as I can find suitable images to work with, no job to big or small.

--Edit to add--

I have a couple of ideas that I'm playing with, as soon as I have something workable, I'll send you a u2u with a draft.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Hi M32
If possible I’d like something along the line of what I already have, but that is actually proper size and fits like everyone else’s.
It’s General Zod from superman II
And if you could keep the “voting is irrelevant I am your leader” that would be cool.
Thanks
Mr Mx

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mxyztplk
If possible I’d like something along the line of what I already have, but that is actually proper size and fits like everyone else’s.

How about a quick resizing of your current avatar?

I can make you a new one as time permits.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Thanks Mechanic 32 . I can't wait.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Mechanic,

I've seen your work...Impressive Buddy!

I'm a spiritual person as seen by my present avatar, however, my name doesn't quite fit to the Avatar.

I don't want to go cutesy: little ducks etc.

Hmm..I was thinking of mabey a person walking along somewhere, crouching or better yet, DUCKING from stupidy. Ducking from ignorance.

I like the ducking from stupidity better as pretty well everyone else used the deny ignorance theme to the max.

Mabey the person is walking along the street beside buildings and the person ducks from an anvil or some other hazzardous thing. And the 'thing' would have the name inscribed on it: Deny Stupidy or just plain Stupidity.

Heck...just thought of making the person look like a strong Angel!

I hope this isn't too tall of an order bud, but as we say: I have faith in ya!

Thankyou ever so much!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I would love a custom avatar myself, where can i see your work? just remember to keep me in mind when i come up with an idea!

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
I would love a custom avatar myself, where can i see your work?

Here is my old avatar thread which is now closed, due to some members taking my avatars without permission. Some of my previous work is there, but many have been removed.

edit to add ---

I just sent you a u2u with more information.....

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
I've seen your work...Impressive Buddy!

Thanks, buddy.

Hmm..I was thinking of mabey a person walking along somewhere, crouching or better yet, DUCKING from stupidy. Ducking from ignorance.

I like the ducking from stupidity better as pretty well everyone else used the deny ignorance theme to the max.

Well, I have a bit on my plate already, but I will get to this idea as soon as some of the other work is finished.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Very much appreciated Mechanic.

I'm looking forward to seeing your ideas!

U2U me if you come up with anything?

(arching neck, and trying to sneek a peek at Mechanics 'drawboard'...hmm...what's his secret...Ah frig it...leave the artist alone LOL)

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Tentatively for AccessDenied...

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Oh yeah they are so cool! I'm gonna chose the black background. I sent a u2u Mechanic so get back to me Ok.That is just awesome.Exactly what I wanted.
It even looks like me from the back! So SWeet!

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Oh yeah they are so cool! I'm gonna chose the black background.

Looks great, AccessDenied!

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I love my new avatar. Looks like you made some adjustments to yours too Mechanic.Keep up the good work!

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I love my new avatar. Looks like you made some adjustments to yours too Mechanic.Keep up the good work!

I'm very glad that you are happy with it. As for mine, I'm always tinkering with new effects, etc.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
Heck...just thought of making the person look like a strong Angel!

I hope this isn't too tall of an order bud, but as we say: I have faith in ya!

Thankyou ever so much!!!
@ TheDuckster - The work on your avatar is currently in progress. I have sent you a u2u with a rough first draft... Let me know what you think of it so far...

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Tentatively for TheDuckster...

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   

My PacMan avatar is 95% finished!!

All 198 frames of it.

All I have to now, is fix the scoring, to reflect what Pacman is eating. w00t!

I can't believe it all fits into avatar filesize limits. Actually have some breathing room, too.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
My PacMan avatar is 95% finished!!

Correction, it is finished now!! Finished what I set out to accomplish, and removed several frames, as well as took out the ATS logo, and my member name (in case anyone else would like to use it, after I take it down). I can add your name later, if desired.

[edit on 5/20/2007 by Mechanic 32]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join