It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASCAR's Michael Waltrip Leaves The Scene of Accident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Apparently, a college student in the Charlotte,N.C. area came upon an accident at 2:00 AM. The student said it was a Toyota Land cruiser, and the accident looked sooo bad, the student didn't think there would be any survivors.

The student called 911, hung up the phone, then was surprised to see Michael Waltrip emerge from the vehicle, talk with him/her for a minute, then leave the scene of the accident.

Witness: "I didn't think anybody was alive in there" after Waltrip accident

``He was bleeding from his forehead and had some cuts on his fingers and arms,'' she said. ``I told him `You are really lucky you are alive. I didn't think anybody was alive in there.' We sort of talked for a minute or two, and I told him 911 was on the way, and he just turned around and started walking home.

``I didn't know what to say or what to do. He had a T-shirt and sweat pants and socks on, he might have taken his shoes off in the car, but I wasn't sure. And he just turned around and started walking home in his socks.''

Waltrip was charged Saturday evening with reckless driving and failing to report an accident, both misdemeanors. He told police he fell asleep the wheel and woke up to find his car overturned in the gravel.

Waltrip has a May 14 court date in Newton on the charges.

NASCAR spokesman Jim Hunter said NASCAR would talk with Waltrip on Friday in Texas.

What was he thinking, leaving the scene of an accident?

Maybe just trying to avoid the law for a "little while" until he "felt better"?

[edit on 12/4/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I'm a big NASCAR fan, Waltrip may not be my absolute favorite, but he is one of my favorites, he denied that he had anything to drink. If you ask me, somthing fishy is going on. He is supposed to meet with NASCAR tomorrow to figure out something. I want to know the same thing, why would he leave?

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Isn't it possible that since the witness thought the wreck was so bad that no one survived that he may have suffered a concusion or at least been knocked silly. In my opinion, NASCAR should have him medically evaluated prior to the weekend (not that he's going to make the race).

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
What NASCAR will probably do, is suspend him for 5 or more races.(assuming that he would actually make the race! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA) Anyway, the samething happened to Kurt in 2005 when he got a DUI.

[edit on 12/4/07 by galm 1]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by galm 1
I'm a big NASCAR fan, Waltrip may not be my absolute favorite, but he is one of my favorites,

Same here.

It sure does seem a little fishy though. M. Waltrip driving around at 2:00 in the morning, wearing sweat pants, a tee shirt, and only socks?

(Quotes are from original article)

``I didn't know what to say or what to do. He had a T-shirt and sweat pants and socks on, he might have taken his shoes off in the car, but I wasn't sure. And he just turned around and started walking home in his socks.''

For some reason the witness also wanted to be anonymous when talking to the press for fear of retaliation from "Waltrip fans".

The witness, an 18-year-old college student at the University of North Carolina-Charlotte, requested anonymity during a phone interview Wednesday with The Associated Press for fear of reprisal from Waltrip's fan base.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
He was probably drinking . He probably had a fun night (one that he can't remember) He won't be able to explain to the NASCAR officials what happend that night.

new topics

top topics

join