It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

candidates for the beast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
If you believe in the bible the number of the beast is 666... or 616 .This is typical of the contradictions resulting from the different translations.

The name George Bush when translated into Hebrew is 666.
616 is 6+1+6 = 13 the number of colonies that rebelled against Great Britain. The number of Stars and the number Stripes on the original flag of the USA. the number of supreme court judges.

6x1x6 = 36 ....3x6 = 18 = 6+6+6......

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
here's who the beast WAS. the late (and not so great) roman emperor and madman extraordinaire nero caesar.

the book of revelations is an allegory!

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haus33

If you believe in the bible the number of the beast is 666... or 616 .This is typical of the contradictions resulting from the different translations.

The name George Bush when translated into Hebrew is 666.
616 is 6+1+6 = 13 the number of colonies that rebelled against Great Britain. The number of Stars and the number Stripes on the original flag of the USA. the number of supreme court judges.

6x1x6 = 36 ....3x6 = 18 = 6+6+6......

Keep in mind that the number of the beast is not six, six, six but six hundred sixty six. There is a difference. What is the Hebrew interpretation of Bush's name?

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Out of everything that is in the bible ,this puzzles me the most.What is the true meaning of the number of the beast?Somehow all the non-belivers will have this mark.But what does it stand for?Good post!

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Edward Alexander Crowley is the beast.

Aleister
Therion 666

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I always thought that Adolf Hitler was the best candidate for the beast. He was charismatic, borderline psychotic, tried taking over the world (was very close), gave orders that directly killed millions of people, and most importantly... Hitler convinced the people of Germany that he was a saviour for Germans and rallied the majority of Germany to take up arms.

Now, people in other countries thought that he was insane and historians are still baffled about how he managed to gain such power and momentum in such a short period of time. But, what if Hitler's influence was not just confined to Germany, but the entire World? What if Hitler's psychotic mentality was used as propaganda in every country? Now, that sounds like all the descriptions of the beast.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I find it interesting to note that some people say that ALL barcodes have the number 666 in them. I don't fully understand how this is but have heard of it several times now. Something about 3 seperate groups of numbers that individually relate to the number 6. This would make sense of not being able to buy or sell without taking the mark of the beast. Has anyone else heard this before?

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Supposedly there's a 6 in the beginning, 6 in the middle, and 6 at the end of every bar-code but I'm not sure if thats true.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier
Supposedly there's a 6 in the beginning, 6 in the middle, and 6 at the end of every bar-code but I'm not sure if thats true.

Nope, though many do have a 6 somewhere in them thats not how it is, I'm a cashier.
---------------------------
And aside from the fact that the US can change Presidents every 4 years, I don't see why you see his actions as being Anti-Christ worthy (and I'm not even a Bush supporter btw).

Madman has had the best theory so far because Nero was very anti-christian and had them burned and tourtured and whatnot for his amusement. However If we are to believe that revelation hasn't happened yet(obviously were not all living in heaven(if you were good/repentant)) the Anti-christ probably won't be around for awhile.
The good news is that, that gives you all the opprotunity to start living a life in Christ and be forgivin of your sins that you may live eternaly.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Although many believe that John the Baptist was referencing the number 666. Many now think that he was in fact using these greek numbers to represent symbols he saw that were written to mean "in the name of Allah". Also if you look closely the arabic symbol for 60 very closely resembles the image of a serpent or what satan is referred to in the garden of Eden.

fp.thebeers.f9.co.uk... (may not be working)

or try this link (scroll down a bit)

www.beholdthebeast.com...

[edit on 16-4-2007 by Jack-Ryan]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haus33

13 is also the number of disciples if you include Jesus to the count (12 + 1).

The beast vary well may be the USA, but if it were, it wouldn't be because of these numbers.

I personally think the beast has to be something which involves multiple nations, not just 1 main nation. I think it would have to be a grand coalition of the willing, or a U.N. sponsored coalition, or a NATO coalition force. It is supposed to come from the Sea. These troops all come from the Sea.. from their ships and boats.

In pure symbolism, I think the beast points toward Great Britain. It says the beast will have 7 heads, each with a horn, but one head will have 3 total horns. each head must be a nation, and each horn must be that nation's "military" or attack ability. However, Great Britain has 9 provinces, which would be 9 "horns" . One head with 3 horns, added to Six heads with 1 horn each, totals 7 heads and 9 horns total.

But also, the horns could be Australia, USA, and Canada, while the "head" is Great Britain, the mother country of all of these. If you look at the military aspect, these nations form the vast majority of all the anti-terror fighting forces across the world: specifically in Iraq & Afghanistan, and also Lebanon. So if NATO were the beast, it would be 7 Nations = 7 Heads, but USA/Canada/Australia would only be considered "horns" . Alternatively, if USA was the head, then Britain/Canada/Australia could be the 3 horns on its' head. But in the end, if you're a part of the Beast, it doesnt matter how prominent a role your country takes in it, lol. Come out of her, my people.

7 Nations of NATO that provide substantial military aid to the USA and participate heavily in the 'war on terror' and/or the occupation of Iraq. They come from the Sea.

But the part about worshipping the Beast's image throws me a massive curve ball. Could that mean 'worshipping' the Flag, ie; Nationalism?

And dont worry, I have an entire conspiracy theory much more substantial than this one which is admittedly loose, putting Islam, Mohammed, Jihadis, Terrorists, and the like into the roles of the Beast, the False Prophet, the Messenger from the Bottomless Pit, the Anti-Christ, etc. It's all about how you look at things.. your personal interpretation; this is mine.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I recently saw a documentary on Rome during Nero's reign, And what i found out surprised me , made me rethink about Nero fitting into the so called "Antichrist" theory. They said in this documentary I believe it was on the discovery channel that Nero was mentally impaird due to led poisoning

everything2.com...

So therefore I really don't consider Nero being an Antichrist due to a natural cause of led poisoning.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
But the part about worshipping the Beast's image throws me a massive curve ball. Could that mean 'worshipping' the Flag, ie; Nationalism?

If you've seen the film "Jesus Camp", there's a part where they bring out a cardboard cut-out of George W. Bush, and the kids start praying and worshiping it like some kind of idol.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
TextText Blue
The beast is not Great Britain .

"Great Britain" is often used to mean the "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" (UK). However, Great Britain is only the largest island within the United Kingdom, which includes numerous surrounding smaller islands, as well as Northern Ireland in the island of Ireland.

In addition to Britain, Great Britain includes over 100 smaller islands: the Isles of Scilly, St Michael's Mount, the Isle of Wight, Lindisfarne, Lundy, Mersea Island, the Isle of Sheppey, the Isle of Portland, and Steepholm in England; Anglesey, Bardsey Island, Skomer, Skokholm, Caldey Island and Ramsey Island and Flat Holm in Wales; and the Isles of Arran, Bute, the Cumbraes, the Inner Hebrides (including Skye, Mull, Islay, Jura, Coll, Tiree, Rum, Eigg, Muck, Colonsay and Oronsay), the Outer Hebrides (principally comprising Lewis, Harris, Benbecula, North Uist, South Uist and Barra), the Orkney Islands, Shetland Islands, the Monach Islands, the Flannan Islands and the St. Kilda group in Scotland. The islet of Rockall, over 180 miles west of St. Kilda (towards Iceland) is included, though other nations dispute the UK's claim on this territory.

Also Jeshua did not have 12 disciples and is therefore not number 13.
If you read the new testament , you will be able to count 17 disciples.
He never had twelve disciples this is another fable accepted as fact by the gullible masses. Im sure that some wil wittle this number down with duplicate
names . Lazurus was a disciple as was Judas. Come to think of it if Lazurus was raised from the dead and continued to live was he god? Jeshua was raised from the dead but disappeared. He ascended in a cloud or UFO.

Lets forget about the number which is totally absurd and arbitary. The most evil number in China & the Far East is 4. This number sounds the same as the word for death . I visited Korea & Japan and Vietnam , many aprtment blocks and offices dont have a 4th floor!

The point of my posts is that this silly number 666 has wasted many peoples time. Not to mention many lives. Now there's the theory that the number is 616 !!! Imagine all the Satanists , Hells Angels , Luciferians and illuminati adepts fooled for centuaries...they will have to get their tattoos redone and all those songs. Breaking news its back to the orignal 666 . The Greek translation states 666. It's laughable.

Many have tried to explain why the number is 666, and some have gone on to associate any occurrence of 666 as being proof of evil. For example, if you add the value of the six current Japanese coins (1yen, 5yen, 10yen, 50yen, 100yen and 500yen), then you get 666yen. This proves beyond all doubt that the Japanese monetary system is based on evil. Well at least, it proves to those people who want to believe such things. Seems a bit shaky to conclude this based on just a subset of Japanese currency. If we also add the current Japanese notes of 1,000yen, 2,000yen, 5,000yen and 10,000yen, our total is 18,666yen and our evil theory goes awry. Sure, 18=6+6+6, but the 2,000yen note was introduced to celebrate the year 2000 and has practically disappeared from circulation now. And come to think of it, the 500yen coin is relatively new.

www.bushisantichrist.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
the problem is that most people searching for the best look for evil people or certain criteria. it also says about arriving in a deceptive form so its not going to be obvious or easily noticeable. I d/loaded a very interesting torrent (cant remember what but ill have a look) putting the argument that the catholic church is actually the antichrist. a few points mentioned were
1. ANTI christ doesnt refer to be anti/against christ, it means in place of christ, priests often say they are gods representitives on earth, therefore IN PLACE of christ, catholic doctrine actually shows they believe that not in place of god on earth but have the power of god. (how else can they issue penitence?)
2. 7 hills of rome etc, the obvious one
3. the triple crown. the catholic church dont like to mention it but there is a triple crown in the vatican with a latin inscription
VICARIVS FILII DE(vicarius in roman u=v) adds up to 666 incidentally this means vicar of the son of god
see link for more on this topic
biblelight.net...
4. the idea of THE MARK as it were, doesnt mean the mark is 666, its the mark of a person/authority/etc whose title/name = 666. on that logic, the vicar of the son of god (pope/head of RC church) has a mark, and a quote which i cant attribute right now as my dad has borrowed the dvd which its on) stating that the official sabbath is a saturday and the MARK OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH was introduced when they declared the sunday to be the sabbath. This mark then means that people working on the saturday are following the catholic MARK.

this is just another theory for you to consider, i have seen lots of plausible reasons for different people including the prince of wales, william (you should see the coat of arms for them regarding imagery)

anyway first time post so be gentle with me and discuss!

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
quick point, the above link doesnt refer straight to the inscription translation (it does nearer the bottom, this page generally covers alot of topics but mainly the idea that priests/poes etc ARE IN PLACE OF GOD on earth, the link for the inscription bit is

www.pickle-publishing.com...

halway down. thanks

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
just another one regarding catholicism

www.aloha.net...

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
i believe the writings of the book of revelation was political and that the antichrist/beast was the emperor Nero

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier
I always thought that Adolf Hitler was the best candidate for the beast. He was charismatic, borderline psychotic, tried taking over the world (was very close), gave orders that directly killed millions of people, and most importantly... Hitler convinced the people of Germany that he was a saviour for Germans and rallied the majority of Germany to take up arms.

He also had the whole "Fierce Countenance" that the book of Daniel said the anti-Christ would have. The angry, resentful appearance will be the most telling aspect of the anti-Christ.

[edit on 21-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

top topics

join