It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paper Plate Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I think I have found a true conspiracy with verifiable evidence!

After my morning ritual of reading the ATS boards I went into the kitchen to have lunch and was once again brought face to face with one of the most insidous consipiracies of modern western society. Has anyone ever reached into a pile of cheap paper plates and easily removed just one? In my recolection, I can find no instance of this happening. Every paper plate in the stack seems to be "glued" to 2 or 3 others. It always takes a herculean effort of edge-bending, peeling, and pulling to seperate them. Nine times out of ten you just end up saying "screw it" and using the mini-stack under your meal. I'm not talking about foam plates or high-end/high cost "party plates" (like Chinete brand) but rather those single ply waxed plates that cost a dollar or two for a 100 count stack.

Now for the conspiracy part...

The manufacturers of these plates surely know about the problem and choose to do nothing about it. Why would they? With the current situation they sell more plates. One might think, If enough people complained they would change their manufacturing process to make their customer base happy and ensure repeat business, right? But they haven't changed. Does that mean that no one complains, or is it a case of a localised "media blackout"(that is by ingoring complaints or make the complaining customer think that this is a rare occurance)?

I realize that this is not as important a subject as the NWO or cover-ups of alien visitation but I've never met an "outed" illuminatee or witnessed anyone shape shifting to reptillian form, while paper plates have plagued to most of my adult life. So is this a real conspiracy or I'm I just OCD? Or maybe it is an alagory demonstrating that a conspiracy theory can be created out of almost anything.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WereBear
or I'm I just OCD?

Or maybe you are something else. Catch my drift?

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It's true! It's true! A conspiracy to make us all broke financually and broke emotionally!

Trying to seperate the individual plates will drive a man mad!!!!!!!!!!

Ok! There is something to what you are saying.

My view on "Papergate" is.....

When they first started making paper plates the technology was weak and they had problems with over waxing the plates. All plates have wax for sanitary reasons. Even the ones that you swear that doen't look like they have wax on it.

People complained about this but the technology permitted them from correcting the error. After time the plate companies realized they are doubling there sales by this problem so why bother fixing it. If they do they will lose a bunch of profit.

Hence "Papergate" :bnghd:

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WereBear

I realize that this is not as important a subject as the NWO or cover-ups of alien visitation...

Well I guess this really isn't as important a subject as illuminati and aliens...since it was moved to "Chit-Chat". Sheeze, it didn't even rate being in "Rants"!

So, Mr./Ms. Mod-That-Moved-My-Post: I take it *you* have been able to grab just one paper plate off the stack??? Hmmm...??? How ja do it?

[edit on 12-4-2007 by WereBear]

new topics

top topics

join