It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam admits to hiding $40 Billion!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Wow Bill Gates Look out man!
The way Saddam put away money he would be the world's richest man right now.

Apparently Saddam has been talking since found and imprisoned and he has helped to locate $40 Billion in funds he siphoned off from the treasury of Iraq.

Here is an excerpt:

Allawi said Saddam admitted he invested stolen Iraqi money -- which the Iraq Governing Council estimates at $40 billion -- in Switzerland, Japan and Germany, among others, under fictitious company names.

Saddam's confession also included the names of people involved in terrorist attacks against coalition forces, Allawi said. He said hundreds of Iraqis have surrendered in the days since Saddam's capture because they knew he had given interrogators their names.

edition.cnn.com...

Should they return the money to the Iraqi people to help in the rebuilding of their country and to make it a model Islamic Democratic state?

With all the hidden terrorists surfacing after Saddam's capture will more come out? Will this end much of the resistance against the US forces? Did those that attacked the US during this war and subsequent occupation help embolden these terrorists and resistance fighters and lead to unnecessary deaths?

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Good thread Neo.

[Edited on 30-12-2003 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

[Edited on 8-1-2004 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Man when he buckles under pressure, he buckles big time

Reminds me of the minister of Iraqi defense was plugging the american losses coming into bagdad, on tv.

The whole country and the leader, were nothing but a house of cards.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I say we take the money and build a huge frickin laser!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Ok, now who would be up for giving all that money to the third world and try and wipe out the debt?
Now if the government gets its hands on that money what do you think the chances of that happening?

It'd probably go straight into their ass pockets.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 10:29 PM
link   
does not sound like he crumbled under pressure to me..

"Former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein, now being grilled by American investigators, has reportedly warned US authorities that he will expose Washington�s 'political games' and its behind-the-scene role in the occupation of Kuwait. 'Saddam threatened that if they continue to pressure him he will reveal startling facts - about America�s political games with his country - that would shock the whole world,'

. Saddam has insisted that his statements are recorded verbatim, the paper said. The source said Saddam neither prayed not read the Qur�an, it added.

not that the u.s. government will ever show the public anything but pre-screened video of saddam...they will cut out all the stuff they dont want people to know about...and make crazy accusations with no proof at all.....pure propoganda..thats all that the u.s. government seems to be doing these days...just shoveling out huge amounts of propoganda.....

even if it is true who cares...bush stole twice that much from the american tax payers..

[Edited on 30-12-2003 by McGotti]

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The CIA are the ones in charge of his interrogation, which means he is most likely being tortured...and the CIA love to make up evidence and confessions as they go.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Well no one doubts that they are bitch slapping Saddam even as we read and write herein,

but to suggest that $40 Billion dollars will be found that simply do not exist is a bit far fetched.

show me the money!

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Im with you Neo on that one. I wont believe it until I see some results on returning this money to the Iraqi people. And if it is found, I am pretty sure it will be rolled over to continue the fight on terror.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I suppose you could crush somebody under the weight of 40 billion dollars in paper money. Though I don't think it would be a WMD as it would not take out too many people in such a limited radius of impact. Maybe burning the 40 billion would have created enough smoke to kill people who were close to the burning money. Still not a very effective WMD that they just found.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
I suppose you could crush somebody under the weight of 40 billion dollars in paper money. Though I don't think it would be a WMD as it would not take out too many people in such a limited radius of impact. Maybe burning the 40 billion would have created enough smoke to kill people who were close to the burning money. Still not a very effective WMD that they just found.

Haha, it seems like every day there are five more reports about weapon of mass destruction evidence being uncovered, or some new evidence found...problem is, they never show us all this "evidence" and they probably never will!

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I am with John Nada on this one. 40 billion could really do some good in a region that desperately needs it.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   

All I wanted was frickin' sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their frickin' heads number 2!

- Dr. Evil in Goldmember

lol..that is what we should do with the money!

BTW: Shoktek, is that avatar the guy from the History Channel show, ack, I forget his name....

EDIT: They don't have to show us the evidence, and they probably won't because it is being kept under Top Secret coverage right now. Sure, they could use it for propaganda, which we might see later this year, but right now, it is being kept and examined most likely.

-wD

[Edited on 31-12-2003 by WeBDeviL]

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Or they wont show us the evidence because....they don't have any? They've already violated geneva conventions with saddam's capture, if there is any 40 billion dollars then I'm sure we will never hear anything more about it. We have been over there for quite some time now waiting for evidence to be uncovered and there is none.

btw, The guy in my avatar is Gunnery Sergeant Hartman from Full Metal Jacket.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Call me cynical, but this sounds simply WAY too good to be true... This reeks of propaganda..... I'd like it to be true, but my gut is screaming on this one....

TW: Shoktek, is that avatar the guy from the History Channel show, ack, I forget his name....

btw, The guy in my avatar is Gunnery Sergeant Hartman from Full Metal Jacket.

Yes, Mail Call is the name of the show...and of course, the sergeant in Full Metal Jacket, and also The Frighteners.

top topics

join