It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imus fired by CBS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Mike and the Maddog just announced that Imus has been fired by CBS
effective immediately and will not be on the air tomorrow.

[edit on 12-4-2007 by han solo]

[edit on 12-4-2007 by han solo]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Yes.

CBS News

(CBS/AP) CBS announced Thursday its decision to cease broadcasting the Imus in the Morning radio program, effective immediately, on a permanent basis.

Imus initially was suspended for two weeks for calling the Rutgers women's basketball team "nappy-headed hos" on the air last week, but outrage continued to grow and advertisers bolted from his programs.

"From the outset, I believe all of us have been deeply upset and revulsed by the statements that were made on our air about the young women who represented Rutgers University in the NCAA Women's Basketball Championship with such class, energy and talent," said CBS President and Chief Executive Officer Leslie Moonves, in announcing the decision.

He's got plenty of money, he should just retire to his ranch.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Believe it or not, this is a GOOD thing for IMUS. He needs to be taken down a few pegs. It's good for his soul. He now will have time to reflect and to better himself. (I hope).

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
There is an ongoing discussion about this whole Imus thing.

Please post your comments there

www.abovepolitics.com...

Closed.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

He needs to be taken down a few pegs. It's good for his soul. He now will have time to reflect and to better himself. (I hope).

comeone flyers, dont just jump on the bandwagon. Imus has done more with his life than you ever will and he really doesn't need to better himself. Hes already a very very good man. I guess he founded his ranch for children with cancer just to be mean spirited.

The Imus Ranch is a working cattle ranch of nearly 4,000 acres (16 km²) located in Ribera, New Mexico, 50 miles southeast of Santa Fe. It was founded in 1999 by long-time radio personality Don Imus and his wife Deirdre as a charitable organization that seeks to ensure the continuity of the lives of children who are afflicted with cancer. More recently, it has been opened to siblings of SIDS victims. It is incorporated in the State of New York and registered under subsection 501(c)(3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code as a non-profit organization.

Organic food items and cleaning products are sold in large markets and online under the “Imus Ranch Foods” label. All after-tax profits from the sale of these products are donated to the Ranch.

Wiki: Imus Ranch

top topics

join