It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iacocca: Where Have All the Leaders Gone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Hell yea Lee! It's about time people speak up...

Iacocca: Where Have All the Leaders Gone?

Had Enough? Am I the only guy in this country who's fed up with what's happening? Where the hell is our outrage? We should be screaming bloody murder. We've got a gang of clueless bozos steering our ship of state right over a cliff, we've got corporate gangsters stealing us blind, and we can't even clean up after a hurricane much less build a hybrid car. But instead of getting mad, everyone sits around and nods their heads when the politicians say, "Stay the course." Stay the course? You've got to be kidding. This is America, not the damned Titanic. I'll give you a sound bite: Throw the bums out! You might think I'm getting senile, that I've gone off my rocker, and maybe I have. But someone has to speak up. I hardly recognize this country anymore. The President of the United States is given a free pass to ignore the Constitution, tap our phones, and lead us to war on a pack of lies.Congress responds to record deficits by passing a huge tax cut for the wealthy (thanks, but I don't need it). The most famous business leaders are not the innovators but the guys in handcuffs. While we're fiddling in Iraq, the Middle East is burning and nobody seems to know what to do. And the press is waving pom-poms instead of asking hard questions. That's not the promise of America my parents and yours traveled across the ocean for.

It's sad but true I'm afraid. People today are too complacent. Government is trampeling over our rights and freedoms and nobody cares as long as they have a house, big screen TV, and SUV in their garage. Problem is before long people will be forced to wake up but by then it'll be too late.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Great post.
Lee expresses exactly how a lot of us feel.
His outrage is a breath of fresh air.

Reminds me a lot of Howard Beale's rants from "Network".
Looks like I have yet another book to read.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
"A populace does not enter Dictatorship with a fight, rather a whimper."

I can't remember who said that, maybe it was just me. But no population ever really stood up to their country entering dictatorship, they usually just sit back and believe they are still free. The governing body usually does everything they can to make their people believe that it is all just a temporary thing, and that it's in their best interest to co-operate.

"The great masses of the people ... will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one." : Hitler

"What luck for the rulers that men do not think." : Hitler

"The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it." : Dr. Joseph Mengele

"The most common characteristic of all police states is intimidation by surveillance. Citizens know they are being watched and overheard. Their mail is being examined. Their homes can be invaded." : Vance Packard

I've heard many people tell me they would never allow the US to fall into a dictatorship type role. That the people would notice and stand up against it.

Those people clearly didn't read their history books.

[edit on 12-4-2007 by johnsky]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Thanks for that post mecheng, sad but truth and even when we know we have been decieved still the majority follow blindly and jump of the cliff if our corrupted elected leaders tell them so.

Because everything they do is all for the good of the nation and the American people.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Check out this guy's response to Lee's book... Pretty intense and dare I say justified?

Open Letter To Lee Iacocca

Gee - thanks Lee; where the hell were you when this became obvious more than four years ago?...

Lastly, I couldn't help but note this paragraph you wrote:

"I have news for the gang in Congress. We didn't elect you to sit on your asses and do nothing and remain silent while our democracy is being hijacked and our greatness is being replaced with mediocrity. What is everybody so afraid of? That some bobblehead on Fox News will call them a name? Give me a break. Why don't you guys show some spine for a change?"

Thanks, Lee, you took the words right out of my mouth. Now, why don't you grab your balls, take your own advice, and tell us all just how kosher Washington DC has become?

new topics

top topics

join