It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do the Masons here think of the Rothschild Coat of Arms?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
www.search.com...
www.scripophily.net...

I couldn't help but notice that their family is among the most elite in the world and that their crest is very masonic in nature. Not to mention the one dollar bill (designed during a Masonic Presidency) borrows many aspects from the family's coat of arms.

The Rothschild Crest has been around for at least two centuries going all the way back to the Five men of Hamburg. If you know the tale...

[edit on 12-4-2007 by Jotfish]

[edit on 12-4-2007 by Jotfish]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I may be displaying my ignorance here, but...

...what makes the coat of arms particularly Masonic in nature?

I'm looking at the picture, and I can't see it. Help!

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
It looks more like the coat of arms of the Royal House of Windsor than anything else to me....

Those copycats....

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Talk about gaudy. :shk:

A little too busy for any Masonic symbolism... Though I think I could buy into a certain Liberace-ism to it.

Any frilly piano players in that lot?

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
There's a double-headed eagle in the second link. That is found in the Scottish Rite body of Masonry but I can't automatically connect the two just because of that. It's found in many other areas in history as well.

Cory

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
According to heraldry design/tradition:

The colors each mean:

Gold:
Generosity and elevation of the mind

Green:
Hope, joy, and loyalty in love

Red:
Warrior or martyr; Military strength and magnanimity

The 'charges' (symbols) mean:

Arm (embowed and bare):
A person with qualities of leadership, an industrious person

Eagle (wings displayed signifies protection):
Person of noble nature, strength, bravery, and alertness; or one who is high-spirited, ingenious, quick-witted, and judicious; "True magnanimity and strength of mind"

Lion:
Dauntless courage, bravery, strength, ferocity, and valor

Unicorn:
Extreme courage; virtue and strength

Escutcheon of Pretense (Small shield in center of primary shield):
Claim of a prince to sovereignty; or marriage to an heiress of the family

(this shield is red - and so may not be representative of red as I posted above since the name Rothschild means something like 'red shield').

There are 2 eagles - one on the coat of arms and one atop the crest; also there are two lions - one on the coat of arms and one on the mantling (right side) opposite the unicorn on the other side. Both Lions are Rampart and both eagles single headed with wings outstretched - more or less the 'stronger' representations of both animals and then each doubled. A definitive statement about the strength and fortitude of the family is represented.

The six pointed star is not even necessarily Jewish - five or six point stars were used depending on the meaning intended (although without curly points I don't really know what that star means and neither can I figure out what that little blue thing is in the middle of the little red shield, either). There's more meaning wrought in the mantle (all the curly top stuff) but it is beyond my scope of understanding to go that deep.

(I used the coat of arms that is posted at the Rothschild family website, BTW).

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jotfish

I couldn't help but notice that their family is among the most elite in the world and that their crest is very masonic in nature.

Actually, the double headed eagle was used widely as a symbol in Europe long before it was adopted by the Scottish Rite.

Not to mention the one dollar bill (designed during a Masonic Presidency) borrows many aspects from the family's coat of arms.

I'm not sure what you mean. It is true that the Great Seal on the one dollae bill was designed while a Mason (George Washington) was President. It is also true that another Mason (Benjamin Franklin) chaired the committee that designed it. But I'm not sure what any of that has to do with any family crests.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The double headed eagle was used alot in Rome, too. I never knew it had any Masonic connections though. The crest in general doesn't have much that can be considered masonic, let alone esoteric in nature.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
If you notice (admittedly it is hard to see such a TINY graphic) at the Rothschild site, the eagle is NOT the double headed type.

Not that it matters either way for the discussion, or even at all to most of us, but yet I'm just a stickler for accuracy when at all possible.

The double headed eagle on the Russian bond signed by Nathan Mayer R. is not the Rothschild family crest/coat of arms - it is the symbol used by the Imperial Russian government since around 1500, as chosen by the Czars ruling at the time. I believe it was used up until the end of that era; that is, until the execution of Czar Nicholas and his family during the Bolshevik revolution in the early 1900's.

Then, post-USSR Russia revamped the design and put it into service again...

BUT that is ONE thing and the Rothschild heraldry is ANOTHER thing altogether.

Wiki
Wiki
Five Star Flags

[edit on 4/13/2007 by queenannie38]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   

This is the Rothschild Coat of Arms

What you're all looking at is the Russian Imperial Eagle and you all look foolish. No offense.

And if you asked my personal opinion I think the Rothschild coat of arms looks gay.

[edit on 16-4-2007 by TheIntelligentInvestor]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheIntelligentInvestor

What you're all looking at is the Russian Imperial Eagle and you all look foolish. No offense.

And if you asked my personal opinion I think the Rothschild coat of arms looks gay.

This was by far the best post I've seen on here today.

You have voted TheIntelligentInvestor for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheIntelligentInvestor

This is the Rothschild Coat of Arms

[edit on 16-4-2007 by TheIntelligentInvestor]

No offence, fool, but the first link in the original post contained exactly the same coat of arms, which is exactly what I was looking at.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
masons had nothing to do with the dollar bill.
keep trying though.
its all just cheap magic tricks
if they wanted to put a symbol there they would have very clearly since everyone loves masonry thats a flat fact.
also masonry is not a secret society so they have nothing to hide or gain by putting cryptic symbols that mean bollocks on money.

top topics

join