It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Gazette - Pelosi is 'alternate president'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Saudi Gazette

According to the Saudi Gazette, Nancy Pelosi is the 'alternate president' of the United States.

It is frightening enough that this flake is only 2 heartbeats from the Oval Office. But now the Saudis are calling her the 'alternate president' and that she HAD TO go do the job of the State Department because Bush is such a 'dunderhead'.

Lovely. :shk:

They have no clue about who she really is and what her job is supposed to be. Guess they got a kick out of her headscarf
At least they admit she's grandstanding.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
WHY is Nancy Pelosi taking time (while overseas I believe) to slam IMUS about saying one line against some women -
Pelosi comment about IMUS

But ignoring how Islamic countries mistreat women?
American Thinker Article

No wonder the Saudi press likes her. She slammed an American, but doesn't say anything about MUCH WORSE things going on in the Arab countries. :shk:

[edit on 4/12/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Just goes to show how our "allies" are not really our allies. Saudi press is so gov't controlled does anyone really think an editorial or report like this one doesn't have official sanction? It is time for the US to rethink our alliances in the ME, well past time actually.

Alternate President? God help us all. Speaker Pelosi couldn't be president of a local PTA much less of the United States. I mean seriously, she's doing such a wonderful job as Speaker.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
she's doing such a wonderful job as Speaker.

She forgot to read her job description when she became Speaker.

Here's a little blog and comment section that talks about it.
morewhat.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Nice to see we're not alone in our contempt for Speaker Pelosi. She's got entirely too much power for someone so clueless. Whatever damage she's done to US foreign policy which in truth is probably very small, the damage she is doing to her own rep. is probably more significant, but what kind of damage can she do to politics here in her own country.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
According to the Saudi Gazette, Nancy Pelosi is the 'alternate president' of the United States.

She would be a great president as she, in contrast to many Americans, does not live in her own little world and understand world politics, cultures, etc.

Yeah I agree with you, consensus is such a stupid thing, the Bush way: another Iraq would be much better for the world, wouldn't it? We are fed up with this American ignorance, consensus is the answer to solve problems. At least that's what they teach here, in elementary school.

It is frightening enough that this flake is only 2 heartbeats from the Oval Office. But now the Saudis are calling her the 'alternate president' and that she HAD TO go do the job of the State Department because Bush is such a 'dunderhead'.

Now you are probably gonna tell me how terrible she is and that you've met her in person. I personally find that a pretty short-sighted argument, to solely base your opinion on the 30 minutes you have seen her in person. In case you can supply a proper argumentation I'll take back my words.

Additionally, Bush is a dunderhead, mind you, there's more out there then Texan prairies only.

They have no clue about who she really is and what her job is supposed to be.

So you do? Firstly, tell me how well you know her. Secondly, explain me how ''she really is''.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Speaker Pelosi is not a diplomat, she is a legislator in the Congress of the United States. Whether or not she's a good one is moot, that's what she is. Her mandate as Speaker of the House does not include trying to talk to the leaders of Israel and Syria, and then apparently lying about what the leader of Israel said.

She, along with any other legislator regardless of party, who attempts to shanghai U.S. foreign policy is in violation of federal law. She was flat out wrong to do what she did. Regardless of how we feel about the President, he is the one who sets foreign policy, not the Speaker. You don't like what he's doing? Fine. Help make sure some one you do agree with gets elected next time.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

and then apparently lying about what the leader of Israel said.

That's speculation.

She, along with any other legislator regardless of party, who attempts to shanghai U.S. foreign policy is in violation of federal law. She was flat out wrong to do what she did. Regardless of how we feel about the President, he is the one who sets foreign policy, not the Speaker. You don't like what he's doing? Fine. Help make sure some one you do agree with gets elected next time.

While I agree with your point of view, I understand the many people out there who feel that action needs to be taken before the current administration drags the US into another war, but yes, she is not the right person and if those powerful Americans controlling the administration want war, then they'll get war, no one will be able to stop them from creating one.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
That's why I said apparently. There is much we don't know about that particular meeting.

If you don't like the current administration, or the next one; then you need to get yourself a better candidate the next time, or impeach. Simply to go to a foreign gov't. and begin to negotiate or hold talks is to attempt to undercut the Presidents foreign policies, whatever you or I may think of them, is not the way to go. That creates misconceptions and misunderstandings that could possibly make the problem or problems worse.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here. I just feel very strongly that the President or his designated representitives are the only people who should speak to foreign policy. The Speaker overstepped her self. I'm getting repetitive here, so I'll stop, at least for the moment.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Now you are probably gonna tell me how terrible she is and that you've met her in person. I personally find that a pretty short-sighted argument, to solely base your opinion ...

YES, i'll tell you that I met her in person and that she's a total FLAKE.

However, you are WRONG when you said it's soley based on that meeting. It's EVERYTHING she does. She's a loon. A flake. And now she's off strutting around the globe, pretending to work for the State Department, making FALSE statements that she's there promoting the President's agenda ....

Considering that you can't see that she's a flake .. I'd say that YOU are the one who is 'pretty short-sighted' (to use your words).

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   

It's EVERYTHING she does.

She's a loon.

A flake.

A pity it is you failed to elaborate.

''Just because it's you [Pelosi], I don't like it'' That's basically what you are trying to tell me?
You would perfectly fit in the Bush administration, I'm sure they would appreciate your attitude. ''Just because we don't like Iran we'll go at war with them''.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   

A pity it is you failed to elaborate.

I did.

Here's a little more ....

The U.S. Constitution implicitly gives the President the authority to conduct foreign policy. He makes the policy. She declared war against it. She LIED when she said she went to further the president's foreign policy agenda. The White House was very public about it's policy and she was very public with her anti-policy agenda.

In 1798 President John Adams initiated the Logan Act, which forbids any American -- "without authority of the United States" -- to communicate with a foreign government with the intent of influencing that government's actions in any "disputes or controversies with the United States." Blatantly undermining U.S. foreign policy by meeting with the leader of a country that supports terrorism. The U.S. broke off diplomatic relations with Syria in 2005. It would be impossible for any communicaton to occur with that country's government "with the authority of the United States" unless approved by the Executive Branch (president). She obviously didn't get approval.

Violation of the Logan Act is a felony. Flake Pelosi can be sentenced to prison for up to three years for each violation. She's a Democrat and a congressional leader who is attempting to substitute her own foreign policy for that of a sitting Republican president. She is attempting to undermine the Bush administration's foreign policy and help the Syrians go back to business as usual. The business of terrorism. If she wasn't such a flake, she'd understand that. It doesn't matter if she likes that foreign policy or not ... she is in violation of the Logan Act and is NOT doing the job she was elected to do. Period.

Don't forget, after The Flake met with Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert she then went to Syria and told al-Assad she was bringing a message from Olmert that Israel was ready to engage in peace talks. It was a lie.

The Flake now wants to meet with the leaders of another country, Iran, that is a terrorist nation and a sworn enemy of America. Yet another fling for The Flake that is outside her sandbox. She continues to step on the toes of the State Department. She continues to NOT TO DO HER JOB and to break the law.

Terrorists are emboldened and foreign nations now call her the Alternate President because she promotes THEIR welfare instead those of her own country. She doesn't follow the rules of our land and she doesn't do her own job. She dons a kerchief and runs around the middle east telling lies and posing for cameras with her stepford-face. She's a flake.

And then there are the personal things - the chisseled in smile, the stepford-style face that doesn't flinch, the poses for the camera all the while ignorning important speeches that are in progress ...

She's a flake. Period.

You would perfectly fit in the Bush administration, I'm sure they would appreciate your attitude.

Blah blah blah .. personal off topic crap.
whatever.

[edit on 4/15/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Nice to see we're not alone in our contempt for Speaker Pelosi.

Oh, but you kinda are.

Congress's Approval Ratings Up as Democrats Mark 100 Days in PowerPoll: Congress's Approval Ratings Up By David Espo The Associated Press ... While Pelosi has commanded much of the spotlight for the Democrats, ...
www.truthout.org/docs_2006/041007S.shtml - 16k - Cached - Similar pages

(AP) Poll: Congress' Approval Ratings Up | WKRN.COM"(AP) Poll: Congress' Approval Ratings Up". By DAVID ESPO ... That would pose a challenge to Pelosi and Reid as they try to satisfy the anti-war members of ...
www.wkrn.com/nashville/news/ap-poll-congress-approval-ratings-up/88110.htm - 43k - Cached - Similar pages

Poll: Congress' approval ratings up - Yahoo! NewsPoll: Congress' approval ratings up. By DAVID ESPO, AP Special Correspondent Tue Apr 10, 9:40 AM ET. WASHINGTON - Public approval for Congress is at its ...
news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070410/ap_on_go_co/congress100_days - 45k - Apr 14, 2007 - Cached - Similar pages

Poll: Congress's Approval Ratings Up | AfterDowningStreet.orgPoll: Congress's Approval Ratings Up. Submitted by davidswanson on Tue, ... Nancy Pelosi, the first woman speaker in history, had exulted on Jan. ...
www.afterdowningstreet.org/?q=node/21103 - 39k - Cached - Similar pages

AP News | IndyStar.comAP Poll: Congress approval up. By DAVID ESPO AP Special Correspondent ... The survey shows Bush's approval ratings remain in the mid-30 percent range, ...
hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CONGRESS_100_DAYS?SITE=ININS&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT - 64k - Cached - Similar pages

Poll: Lawmakers approval ratings rise - Politics - MSNBC.comPublic approval for Congress is at its highest level in a year as Democrats mark 100 days in power and step up their confrontation with President Bush over ...
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18027515/ - 49k - Cached - Similar pages

AP Poll: Congress approval up The survey shows Bush's approval ratings remain in the mid-30 percent range, ... said they approve the job Congress is doing, up from 25 percent approval ...
seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1153AP_Congress_100_Days.html?source=mypi - 35k - Cached - Similar pages

Poll: Congress' Approval Ratings Up, Poll: Congress' Approval Hits ...Poll: Congress' Approval Ratings Up. Poll: Congress' Approval Hits Highest Point In A Year _ 40 Percent _ As Dems Challenge Bush ...
www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/04/10/ap/politics/main2666954.shtml - 91k - Cached - Similar pages

Poll: Congress' Approval Ratings Up - Newsday.comPoll: Congress' Approval Ratings Up. By DAVID ESPO AP Special Correspondent ... Nancy Pelosi, the first woman speaker in history, had exulted on Jan. ...
www.newsday.com/.../nation/sns-ap-congress-100-days,0,118787.story?coll=ny-leadnationalnews-headlines - 63k - Cached - Similar pages

Poll: Congress Approval Up » Netscape.comThis story has mostly positive ratings. 25 votes / 2 sinks. Poll: Congress Approval Up. Politics – Public approval for Congress is at its highest level in a ...
politics.netscape.com/story/2007/04/09/poll-congress-approval-up - 66k - Cached - Similar pages

But then again, I understand your plight better than you think: Equal Time For FRINGE FANATICS!!!

She's got entirely too much power for someone so clueless.

No, she has just enough power to keep someone as CLUELESS as Dubya from destroying America as the Founder Fathers intended.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Fringe Fanatic? Because I think the the President, regardless of who it is, and how I feel about him, or maybe in the future, her; is the only one who should speak for our nation, or a designated representitive. Speaker Pelosi was not. Nor, for that matter were GOP lawmakers who may have met with foreign leaders.

Nothing delusional about that. The only "delusion" is the one that says any old person can speak officially for the United States. It just does not work that way, nor should it. You can site all the popularity polls you want, it doesn't change the fact that only the President, popular or not, was elected to represent our country to the world. Whether we like it or not.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Nice to see we're not alone in our contempt for Speaker Pelosi.

Oh, but you kinda are.

Oh, but we kinda aren’t.

All your links were for congress, and NOT for Flake Pelosi.

(BTW – NICE to see you posting RANT.)

Washington Post – Pelosi made a fool of herself
MSNBC – Bush/Pelosi approval ratings nearly equal
Liberals Against Pelosi
Pelosi 35% approval rating
Dems unhappy with Pelosi speaking out
Pelosi the flake
Blog – Nancy Pelosi sets back womens rights
Haartz Report & Washington Post quotes

The terrorists like her though -
Al Jazeera likes her.
That’s because she doesn’t understand the Constitution
And because of her voting record –
Voted NO on federalizing rules for driver licenses to hinder terrorists. (Feb 2005)
Voted NO on continuing military recruitment on college campuses. (Feb 2005)
Voted NO on adopting the recommendations of the 9/11 Commission. (Oct 2004)
Voted NO on permitting commercial airline pilots to carry guns. (Jul 2002)
Voted NO on deploying SDI. (Mar 1999)

Some ‘interesting’ moves by Pelosi have raised eyebrows …

Pelosi’s grudge against fellow Californian

And then we have Murtha. She tried to ‘cut him in line’ ahead of deserving democrats … abscam and all … earning her some more contempt among her fellow dems.

[edit on 4/16/2007 by FlyersFan]

new topics

top topics

join