It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

QFAC: Your position on the previous Administration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Question for all candidates!

You will not be taking office with a reasonably clean slate and monetary surplus. You are building on previous work, or dismantling it in line with your manifesto.

Upon swearing the oath and taking office, what actions would you set in motion in regards to the previous administration's personnel, such as political career and potential liability, if any, also in regards to the previous administration's policies and programs, and your general position in regards to the progress or lack of it they have made.

Thankyou

-------------------------------------

My take:

The current administration has engaged in undemocratic and constitutionally violating behavior since its inception. Upon taking office, I will at once open all relevant data archives for prosecutors to examine. It is my intention to deliver a strong message to all politicians that they are indeed accountable for their actions. I shall let this process continue without unnecessary drama and bureaucratic interferance.

Meanwhile, I will implement a 180 degree U-turn on our disasterous foreign policy. Permanent U.S. bases in Iraq will be dismantled. Every American man and woman on government business in Iraq will be shipped out by priority decree after crucial committments expire. This is where some will disagree with me, but I shall be happy to explain in greater detail later - Iraq was a secular nation before our hand over of "sovereignty" to a Shia majority. The socio-political consequences of this have been unfortunate for the Iraqi people. The Syrian Ba'ath party will be invited to help re-establish secular government and non-sharia law. This is in effect a complete reversal.

Most importantly, at home I will seek to reverse the assault on our constitution and our civil liberties. We will recover to our pre-9/11 state. All initiatives in homeland security shall come second to the freedom of the citizen. That is important. And there will be new non-invasive initiatives in security. As addressed in my campaign thread, most notably port inspection and securing of borders.

I look forward to hearing your plans and positions.

Respectfully,
SteveR

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Well I would fire everyone I could from the previous administration,
and than find people to fill the positions, not based on how much they
supported my campaign, or if they are Democrats or not, however I
would probably would have some of my closer friends as unofficial
advisors, but beyond that I would base hirings on how well suited they
are for the position.

I would start cleaning up the mess this administration has caused, and
would initiate new policies, and revoke nearly every one that has been
issued by the current president.

I would than get some professionals, and try and sort through the huge
amounts of money being wasted by the governmenbt on unneeded
projects, and redistribute it to projects that are actually important.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I agree with Iori Komei.

I would fire all of the old administration. I would stop giving people the illusion that the Senate and the House and the Committee has no power in the government and I would give rise to the new era of democracy in the United States.

Above all else, I would disclose all of the lies and the fallacy that the previous administration has had done. I want to get us out of the Iraq war. I don't want to fight it anymore because it is an unnecessary war that shouldn't be fought. Anyone who thinks it could be pulled off doesn't know what they are talking about.

WE should stop forcefeeding the media with news, and propose different legislation so that we can hold a meeting once a year about how news broadcasting should be handled.

I want there to be equality. The last administration laughed about equality and mocked it like a little child with ADHD.

That's what I am talking about.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Most new presidents replace most of the staff when they take office, it comes from to the winners go the spoils. I would certainly replace most of the staff if elected to office.

As far as what the administration's policies and programs there are certainly things that would need changed. I would have to examine a lot of policies one at a time to determine the long term bennifits and detractants to each plan and make my determination from the results.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
If I were to take office there's a bit of cleaning to do. The White House, like any house is never left in perfect condition when you take up residence. Here's what I'd do;

1. Remove most of the high level staff immediately. The lower staff, such as the common paper pusher can stay so long as they do their job well and without political agenda. To be honest I've got no clue how many of the administration that is, although I'd guess it's a lot so I'd probably have to stick a rather large "Now Hiring" sign out on the White House lawn.

2. I'd insert a trap door in the floor in the Oval Office. That way with the push of a button I could remove annoyances (such as certain diplomats, and aides that put cheese on my hamburger).

3. Reverse the funding cutbacks to NASA and the Department of Veteran's Affairs.

4. Sign an executive order which would essentially make the PATRIOT Act null and void until Congress finally repeals it.

5. Eliminate the Department of Homeland Security and return the agencies to where they were, and instead have one independent office to coordinate everything.

6. Sit down and talk with Iran. It wouldn't exactly be the end of civilization as we know it to invite Amadinejad out here to chat about the weather and nuclear issues over some take-out Chinese food. The worst case scenario is that he eats something too spicy and doesn't like the meal.

7. Investigations into things such as 9/11 and the Iraq War would be launched in full view of the public.

8. Take groups such as peace protesters off the terrorism watch lists. Groups that throw thing and start fires would stay on, but your common peace protester who just goes out there with a catchy slogan and a tie die shirt has no place on such a prestigious list as our terrorist black lists.

9. Repeal the No Child Left Behind Act. Not only is it unconstitutional, but I've heard a single teacher who was supportive of it. Instead I'd replace it with a more constitutional bill which would give additional funding to schools which adopt productive policies.

10. Hire Stephen Colbert as my press secratary. His resume can be found at; video.google.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Wonderfully put cyberdude78.

Thankyou for your additions guys.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
i would personaly remove all the old blood and bring in new blood
and not hire them on grounds of how i feal about them or what i think is right

i will bring in those people that can do the job and get it done
i will get those people that arent afraid to tell me straight in the face i am wronge

i will bring in people that can achive their goals

i will bring in people that can improve the country in their fields

i would retrack what the former admin did and make sure they are set correct and mend as much as possible

top topics

join