It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imus is NOT the issue!!!! This may offend you!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfoo
"but rap music isnt talking about young collegiate students who are making something of their life. We rappers are actually talking about the real life hos that you see in the ghettos who are always trying to steal a niggas money." - Snoop Dog

The hypocrisy knows no bounds.

What a joke. This is why Imus thought he could say the things he did. Why can't he say it if Snoop Dog can?

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Dock,

I understand what you are meaning to say, but I still think you are way off base with it. Let's experiment...

Go up to the first black person you see and call them a negro.

When you get out of the hospital, tell us how it went.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
"but rap music isnt talking about young collegiate students who are making something of their life. We rappers are actually talking about the real life hos that you see in the ghettos who are always trying to steal a niggas money." - Snoop Dog

That is so funny! He's saying it doesn't matter that someone says the words, what matters is the identity of the RECEIVER of the words. That's how you know if it's acceptable to say or not...

A classic hypocritical ploy: It's ok to call some people ______. But it's not ok to call other people _______.

I wonder... who's going to make the rules about who can and cannot be called ______? If the young collegiate students ALSO "try to steal a niggas money" can we then call them ______?

Oh, Snoop... You Dog!

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The bottom line is usually money, but in the case of Imus, does only one thing matter? His rap is the same rap as played by MTV daily. The difference, he is "white," and he is not permitted to rap the same garbage. So black is white, white is black. Think about it, is the free speech of Imus applied equally under law? No it is not. Millions of dollars are made daily from this "vile speech," but it is not "vile," when black so called artists spew it? It is "vile," only when the white man is hypnotically entrapped by it, forgets about the color taboo, and spews the same garbage.

Oh you can tell people this and they are already convinced Imus is a bad man, so no reality applies. How many white kids wear the rap culture, and spew this stuff anyway? Are they bad, and anyone else good? Get rid of the bad rap already.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipShipman
The bottom line is usually money, but in the case of Imus, does only one thing matter? His rap is the same rap as played by MTV daily.

Not only that, but the same people who PAID Imus (Viacom), pay the MTV rappers to spew the very same crap:

Where Have the Imus Critics Been for 20 Years?

CBS radio may indeed fire Don Imus for his racial slur. Yet CBS/Viacom, which owns the stations Imus broadcasts on, plus Paramount Pictures and TV, Black Entertainment Network, Showtime, MTV, and other properties, also signs the paychecks of the rappers and hip-hoppers who use the term “ho” on an hourly basis.

Yes, this isn't about black and white, but GREEN...

Hypocrites Need to Clean Up Their Act

CBS/Viacom enables the worst kind of daytime smut in the form of videos on MTV and BET, where rappers routinely debase and demean women and women routinely allow themselves to be treated as sub-humans. In a statement announcing Imus' firing, CBS president Leslie Moonves said, "In our meetings with concerned groups, there has been much discussion of the effect language like this has on our young people, particularly young women of color trying to make their way in this society."

Really? Who knew? We owe Imus a pat on the back before the door slams on his 10-gallon Stetson. CBS and other media monoliths now must prove they aren't the ugliest of hypocrites by cleaning up their own houses.

So thanks, Imus, for pointing out this glaring hypocrisy!

[edit on 13-4-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
1. Imus is a broadcaster and thus only subject to ratings and advertising.
- He was only fired after the advertisers left.

2. What Imus said was wrong. It did demean black women. But not the the extent that its being raged at.
- Are the Rutgers women really destroyed mentally because of this? Have they never been made fun of by anyone. I've been made fun of in large, and small groups. Ive been made fun of because I was too tall, too fat, too skinny, too goofy, because of my hair, because of lack of hair, Because I was white, because I wasn't black, asian, hispanic,etc. I been made fun of in so many ways its funny. What we should be really asking is how thin is the skin of the people who were made fun of to take it this badly for this long. Our is this just something for them to jump on the podium.

3. Ask yourself what would be the Rightous Indignation if Snoop Dog, or Puff Daddy had said that?

- The team would have wanted to party with them and would have all asked for autographs.

4. Where is the Rightous Indignation for the White Duke players ?

- They were accused of being racist rapist, The players team was destroyed, The Coach fired, players arrested. They were picketed, marched on. Now they find out the girl had lied, and they are like oops my bad, let it go. Where the march on Durham to support them now?? Is it only cool when its against Evil Whitey??

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join