It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The place to record your dreams; dream alchemy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Aaronman said:
My dream, what does it mean?

Last week I had a dream that I met up with all my old schoolmates I have not seen for 10 years, and we went back to one of their houses, and just chilled. It felt eerily real, and I ended the dream by going to bed in my room. When I woke up I had to sit there and think for a bit to figure out if it really did happen... I have not given any thought to my old friends since I last saw them, and there wasn't anything that reminded me of them, I kinda just temporarily forgot about them... What do you think this means? How could I all of a sudden remember all my old friends after 10 years of not thinking about them?

Aside from the obviously nostalgic implications of missing former friends and the subconscious requesting a reunion with former fealty, this dream could imply a change in perspective, an acknowledgment of growth that has occurred in the time span between school and now -

You may also run into some of them shortly.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
hey

i keep having these dreams that are like in my room

idk y....its weird kind of like OOBE

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
You probably are OBEing, some people suppose it happens to everyone a few times a week.

It could also be like a hypnopompic or hypnogogic state in which your brain confuses the different alpha/beta/theta states and is awake and asleep at the same time.

Maybe both are a bit of both. Try a trip to the moon next time.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Whoa, what a freaky and long and involved dream I had last night. involving a Daliesque superimposition of worlds and rooms and a big orange orb - with a compilation of people and former lessons from the past and a journey to the country. There was a point to it all - including a message I was carrying from one house to the other - At one point, a fellow I used to date, who was pretty wealthy, came along and he was broke - but not in a monetary sense, he wanted to borrow something from me - so I tried to give it to him, but he couldn't take it, accept it. Then there was a general recognition or reaffirmation of the difference between material wealth and spiritual wealth.

I wish I could remember the whole story with some more accuracy but it was really a intricate and juxtaposed variety of of symbolism - It did have to do with the extent of the devastation caused by the different forces that draw people away from their true paths, and this person (the old boyfriend) was living an empty existence in all his wealth.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I had a strange one last night:

Was in a town, where a large indoor mall was built on an incline -
A steep incline - a large mall, inside most stores were closing with
a few left open. - One fellow, the mayor and 'teacher' selling a story about aliens.
A story based on truth, but it was all wrong
heavy handed and
where people, young ones, were required to take exams-
to see if they ate up the wrong parts of the story right.
A lady comes out of one of the shops, a friend of the mayor/teacher, angry she says -

'You just stop making trouble, this is our town.'

'No', I say - 'Why should I, you're the one making trouble. And here I am.'

Then I go to write the exam, and it's too easy -
just have to know what BS they want -
One child is writing and forgets a part of the story
so before the exam has started I go get the book
from George Clooney's book shop
and it's like Caskel's 'Cranford' -
all small town conformity - so provincial
gossiping matriarchs looking to authority
to set the example
and the mayors a godless commie.

George says 'Go write the exam.'

I say - 'It's all wrong.' , thinking with the book, now I can prove it.

Then an alien comes that looks like the sun and says -
'Yeah - it's all wrong.'

"But now we come to the other case, where a private citizen becomes ruler of his own country neither by crime not by any other outrageous act of violence, but by the favor of his fellow citizens (and this is what we call a constitutional principality, to become the ruler of which one needs neither prowess alone nor fortune, but rather a lucky astuteness.) I say that one becomes a prince in this case, with the favor of the people or the nobles."
from 'The Constitutional Principality' - "The Prince" Niccolo Machiavelli

[edit on 20-4-2007 by clearwater]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
wow you certainly do have interesting dreams...haha

im not gonna even try to interpret them

i havent the slightest idea

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
That was just my sub-conscious negotiating a conflict I experience in waking life.

Which happened again last night - waking with the undeniable feeling of having discovered the smoking gun irrefutable element of my argument, however - it was simply inner validation. And I can't remember it particularly, other than it was a gift from 'Our Lady.'

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I just had an awesome dream. Dozed off and dreamt I had a super souped up stereo system - speakers all over the house and mixers really a fabulous thing - I threw in a disc and out boomed the most beautiful music. Mostly instrumental a kind of operatic thing - but there was a short spot with lyrics singing - in a nostalgic and lilting tone -

Homeeee, come back, come back, toooooo meeeeee - Hooomeee, come back, come back to meeeeee Well you had to be there -

But I love it when I dream of music - it's like a little slice of heaven. Have to go play up a song.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Freaky, freaky dream, I was following Ralph (pronounced Rafe) Fiennes around on his strength/character building work-out. Every time I was about to quit, he invited me along again.

There was stuff like running marathon distances, and gymnastic meets and test's, or writing - but the neatest thing was having to dive really really deep into some water, there you held your breath as long as you could until you could use the air tube under the water.

It was like a school - someone threatened to close it down due to lack of funds and interest - and that's when I woke up.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
weird...

you certainly have a lot of dreams!!!!!

i havent been having many dreams lately

but i still sleep really bad

like i toss and turn a lot and wake up sweating a lot too

explanation?

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Sounds like anxiety and possible hormonal imbalance. Affirmations really work try saying that one I posted earlier -

I love and approve of myself, and I trust the process of life. I am safe.

Drink lots of water. A scientist by the name of of Masaru Emoto found that you can influence the shape of water crystals by praying over water or placing it in glass jars with words on them. Words with negative connotations created misshapen cancerous looking things but words with positive connotations created beautiful water crystals.

Check out the pictures.

My suggestion is to take some water boil, filter it and place it in a glass jar with the words, peace, balance, love - or whatever you like - leave it overnight where it will get the first rays of sun.

Drink at least 8 glasses of this water a day. It will help your body with whatever it's struggling with. Also - 8 glasses of water a day will do more for your complexion and skin in later years than 5000 bucks a year on beauty products or anti-aging creams ever will. There's even a lot of evidence that many of the anti-aging products sold to women, irritate the skin and damage it.

Before you try to sleep say this to yourself every night:

I lovingly release the day and slip into peaceful sleep, knowing tomorrow will take care of itself.

These affirmations are from Louise L Hay's book "You Can Heal Your Life"

And they address the real 'secret' the new 'secret' is bastardizing. You know the other day, I mentioned to a collegue how many people in my family had recently died - She looked at me with a strange look and told me to read the 'secret' as though I'd somehow brought the inevitability of death and the grieving process onto myself.

Just because you can control the direction of your thoughts and contribute to manifesting a better reality for yourself, doesn't mean you can control the universe, or others....

Besides, if wealth was the sole determinant of happiness, where would that old saying - Money doesn't buy happiness - come from.

All the world needs is more incentive for greed. Go figure. Give yourself a break - you'll be fine, trust the process of life.
The abundance in the universe has special gifts in store for you. Eliminate coffee and any other stimulants in your diet that might contribute to anxiety.
Coffee is also bad for upsetting hormonal imbalance. Women are more sensitive to these things because our livers process with a different enzyme production than men, due to the higher body fat percentage as well as smaller size.

Water is very important and the earth's blood needs keepers. It'll pay off.

And that's my 5 cents for the day.

[edit on 25-4-2007 by clearwater]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Wow, what a night of dreaming - was in a relatively wild and unsettled area - and working as a healer. There was a family in another area with men to marry off and a member of their family was sick. I went to their house to see if I could help and if there was a suitable suitor for my daughter. On the way there, I passed a artificial stream - that was shallow and slightly concave. There, supported by the concave shape of the stream were babies - babies with incredibly big eyes - human looking - but mature eyes for babies, but still eyes reflecting an odd combination of awareness and infancy. They just bobbed along in the stream, as though they were waiting there - quite safe. Then I got to the house and they were a bunch of jokers. Not malicious jokes - but a little edgy, and the grandmother was sick - she was able to be healed though.
Even though the son of the family was a doctor - hmmm - sounds like shades of the debate. Decided to marry my daughter off to the doctor - but she ran off with another suitor.

Had another one, I woke up from earlier, but now I can't remember it, should have written it down right away.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Mine aren't cool like you guyes.

Last night I dreamt of holding this clear zippy bag. The kinda that a quilt blanket would be stored in.

Inside the bag was filled with toilet paper rolls. Not full, but like a quater inch left. Tons of them all packed in the bag. I took them home. When I went to put the rolls under the sink, tons of them fail forward covering my feet.

I thought of counting how many, but I knew I would quickly lose track so I did bother.

OK, you can start laughing at me know.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
That's an intriguing dream...Sounds like the bag you need to take with you when the poopy hits the fan.

I dreamt I was writing.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Ok, I have lately been watching the last Lord of the Rings film too much. Anyway i dreamed that I was with a fairly large group of people near the bottom slopes of Mount Doom during it's last eruption, and we were watching it. Anyway it got a bit worse and eventually we had to move away and couldn't get away, then I thought, "hang on, this is a dream, all i need to do is imagine it differently, so I did, rewound time (if only i could do that in reality) and watched from a different place, I think the approximate location of Cirith Ungol would be where the dream ended.

And no, I haven't read all of the Lord of the Rings books, just the main book, the hobbit and the main part of the Silmarillion (as a challenge to myself).

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
That's coincidental apex, interesting how you dreamed it differently after realizing it was within your power. Curtailing the inertia of a destructive force is an envied talent, possessed of 20 20 hindsight; always absent with nostalgia.

At the dawn of the Age of Aquarius, merry pranksters were having bad trips staring at themselves reflected as hallucinated devils in mirrors. Do you suppose if you saw a chipmunk instead of a devil, it would make you a hobbit. Look at what happened to Gollum and Bilbo, not as bad as an ork. Still took two hobbits to dispose of the precious. It would seen a hobbits success lies not in his virtue or strength, but his recognition at the lack of it.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Bossy little packards - Woke up with the cord to the kettle cut into four. The plug for the wall, the plug for the kettle cut clean right off and the cord cut into two almost even pieces. Two long pieces of cord flung haphazardly onto the floor and bed...Not one word of a lie, don't even have wire cutters...bossy packards...what to do about..coffee.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I had a weird dream lately.

The dream was about my Granduncle, he a fighter pilot during WWII, he sacrificed himself and saved his men in a dogfight, staling for time to let his men escape. He was shut down and killed. A monument was made in his name, somewhere in Europe. In the dream I was doing some research about the maps of WWII and and an elderly couple came to me about the research I was doing. The message that I got was that the man is my Granduncle and he has survived by jumping out of the plane before it exploded and he swam to shore. He lived under a different name.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Interesting dascorp....almost eerie.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I had a dream last night about my father. We were in our family home and all he would say was swami. Whenever I tried to speak to him he kept replying with the word swami, then a large dark skinned woman appeared who seemed to loom over me, she was very tall and had her hands on her hips. I asked my father who it was but all he would say is swami. Then I woke up.

Also people tell me you will never hit the floor in a falling dream but I always seem to do. I hit it with a thud and a cloud of dust. It's like I know whats coming and brace myself for the impact.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join