Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by Malcram
Does it truly escape your mind that the stars come because this HOAX has been debunked dozens of times and people who employ critical thought are
exasperated from all the promotion of and attempts at keeping the money stream going?
The fact you use that Lear interview as support for your paranoia/religious like beliefs says it all.
I keep seeing this statement postulated by the skeptics as if there is some conclusive proof that Meier's case is a hoax, and I have not yet seen
Where is this proof? I have read the entire thread, and some other threads, and still have not seen this much stated proof.
All I have seen so far is that the Dinosaur, Asket and Nera pictures are most likely fake and so far neither I, or the other Meier supporters, or even
Michael Horn and John Lear for that matter have refuted that. We accept the possibility that the evidence has been contamined, but this does not mean
we throw out the baby with the bathwater. There still is a huge mass of evidence that has not been explained, and until that is not forthcoming, we
are not going to accept that Meier is a hoax.
I will mention the two major argumments again which need to be disproven
1) Irreproducibility of Meier's photgraphs and videos using small models and strings, or in the case of the sound and metal evidence, using 70's
2) A 5+ year long independent investigation into Meier's case, consulting the best experts/scientists in the world and using state of the art
equipment at the time, producing hundreds of pages of scientific reports which show that Meier's case is valid:
- The UFO's really are 20-30 feet in size
- There are no strings, wires or supports
- The UFO's really are at an extreme distance from the camera and a great altitude above it
- The UFO does indeed show evidence of putting out an artificial field and riding the earth's magnetic field as Meier attests
- The sound sample is indeed beyond the technology of the time
- The metal sample has indeed been fabricated with technology beyond the technology of the time.
These are our strongest arguments and until they are not debunked satisfactorily we will continue to maintain these arguments. To actually state
positively that Meier is a hoax without actually proving it, cannot be considered valid by any rational and objective person.
[edit on 22-4-2009 by Indigo_Child]