It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Imus a sacrificial lamb?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
CNN just reported that 61 stations have dropped his show. I don't see what this has actually accomplished.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
CNN just reported that 61 stations have dropped his show. I don't see what this has actually accomplished.

Stations have been dropping his show for some time before this incident became the front page phoney news it is.

They tried to feed Don Imus to the public in this area on the radio and it didnt go over well. We suffered under it for some two years before it finally went to the television format for spoonfeeding the public. Don Imus I dont consider a standard of excellence in anything.

However to be level about it neither do I consider Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton a standard of excellence. THey like the media will make merchandize of everyone and anyone to get in front of the cameras again. I have known this for years and years now about them as I have about Don Imus.

If you take Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and remove the topic of race and racism away from them ..they have very little to talk about . This is not the case with Bill Cosby who is educated and can converse on a number of topics not related to race. I admire,salute, and congratulate Bill Cosby more that a hundred Als or Jesses.

When you can step in front of the camera on mostly race issues ..you are a puppet for someone out there. You dont need to be a genius thinker to see this. I get quickly tired of being bombarded over and over by these..."usual suspects." THey have been allowed to play through or "default" for to long. I consider them parasites and shakedown artists on a vulnurable and ignorant system. They have created and taken advantage of a machine in opreation in shakingdown the publics insecuritys. They have even cultivated this as a career. I have little to no respect for them as is the case with Don Imus too.
Don Imus is just another shock broadcaster who got caught in his own shock technique.

Don Imus on the other hand if you remove the crassness and crudity out of his program..the shock value..what is there left..like Al and Jesse ..not much. ARE they puppets to keep the public on a string for some reason...you decide.

I dont reallly care if Don Imus goes by the wayside..nor Al or Jesse. I dont live my life by their every word or statement. I dont wait with baited breath for the next broadcast of the next drivel they expouse.
I also fault and disrespect the media, politicians, and public education for playing to this too.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
[edit on 12-4-2007 by eyespy2]

sorry I goofed up! Real responce below

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Originally posted by jtma508
I don't think this is about censorship. At least not yet. Imus said something ignorant, baseless and hurtful.

Funny that many black rapers make their money selling the same words and labeling and degrating of women but is ok.

When a white man does it is racist.

Again it depends who does the talking.

Nothing but double standards and BS coming from the so call righteous people of this nation that are one sided and only can see in black and white.

You are sooo right. I live around "Black" people. I hear the N word coming out of their mouthes towards each other constantly. The language coming out of the mouthes of the elementary school "Black" students going and coming from school each day, would embarrass a sailor, and I talking about the girls. The N word is often the nicest thing they call each other.

Every day in this country somewhere between 10 - 20 "Black" people are murdered by "Blacks". Each year 95% of all "Blacks" murdered in this country are murdered by "Blacks". An astronomical number are sold crack, by their own people. At 2:AM the streets are crawling with "Black" youths, wearing black hoodies, up to no good, who scatter at the sight of a police car.

Yet, let a "White" police officer shoot a "Black" teen running from the scene of a crime, and a riot will break out.

What Imus said was stupid, and he set himself up for the Networks to pull his show, which was in the ratings toilet anyway. Like someone else said here, they saw an opportunity for an upgrade. It's unfortunate that Al Sharpton comes out looking like he accomplished something, but getting rid of Imus will do nothing to stop "Blacks" from geiviously insulting, and debasing each other.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

Well it probably hasn't accomplished anything YET... but could be a setup for future accomplishments.

I have had the feeling that this was a setup offered to Imus as an early retirement gift. Pay him a huge amount of money to make his little statement, promptly get fired, retire to an island mansion and let the crap hit the fan.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Back in the 90s when I was flipping through the channels I stopped to watch Don Imus. After 20 or so minutes I attempted to contact the cable station to demand my 20 minutes of life that I lost. He mumbled and scooted around in his chair with wheels while non-stop drinking what I believe was coffee. His rants were almost completely incoherant and boring. I never watched it again. I certainly think every person has a right to say what they want but no one held a gun to my head and forced me to continue watching Imus's TV radio show. If I age as badly as Don Imus has I have issued an order to my wife to put a 357 magnum to my head and pull the trigger.

[edit on 12-4-2007 by carnival_of_souls2047]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I have heard stuff on the radio that blew my mind! They can say just about anything nowadays, and as long as you are on the side of the right wing republican christian agenda you are ok. I am shocked at what guys like rush have to say and get away with. I do not think that what imus said was meant to be anything but crude shock value off the cuff without thinking sassy comentary. I wish people would stand up for me when I am insulted by the neocon agenda.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I recall listening to an interview with a country music celebrity some time in the late 1980s or perhapsed it was the early 1990s. Nevertheless it was just before he passed away. His name was Conway Twitty.

What Conway stated and caught my intrest way back then was to the effect that there was scheduled to come out of the Entertainment Industry. Movies and Music and Television.... a deluge a flood of filth and degredation the likes of which this country has never before seen.

Conway Twitty turned out to be pretty much correct. The industry has gone downhill since. On occasion you will have a talent produce a hit which does not fit this described format but it is very rare. Most of the items out of this medium tend to fit this very profile.

I constantly keep this statement of Conway Twitty in the back of my mind though he passed away in the early 1990s. I rely on Conway Twitty's statement often when observing wildlife in its natural habitat and I appreciate Conway educating me.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 13-4-2007 by orangetom1999]

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Imus was silenced by the Bush administration as he would often call Bush and Cheney war criminals and say that they should be hanged for their crimes.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join