It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kurt Vonnegut Dies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Famed American writer best known for Cat's Cradle and Slaughter-House Five died last night at the age of 84.

www.cnn.com...

Vonnegut was my favorite writer and Cat's Cradle remains my favorite novel that I have ever read. I remember him writing in A Man Without a Country that when he died he hope that people would say "Kurt is up in heaven now". He says it was his favorite joke.

"Kurt is up in heaven now".

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Kurt Vonnegut was the best.

There's never been an author like him...someone that could make such strong social statements without EVER taking himself too seriously.

I will never forget reading Breakfast of Champions and coming upon a hand drawn picture of an anus. WHO DOES THAT!?!!

My favorite author. Case closed.

I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.
Kurt Vonnegut

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Rest in peace, Kurt.

Vonnegut has been entertaining my mind since i was in the 10th grade. ( 2 years out of highschool now ). It suck's when such a great man like Vonnegut passes over but at the same time I'm almost happy for him. Kurt was old and I'm sure his life was very fulfilling. I plan on reading all of his books.. I've read about 4 up to this point. Vonnegut will remain my favorite author for quite some time. R.I.P

"Kurt is up in heaven now".

[edit on 12-4-2007 by biotic]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Can someone recommend a good place to start with his work? I've known about him for some time but never read any of his stuff. Wikipedia describes him as an author combining satire, black comedy and sci fi, all of which I love, so I'm thinking I should check him out.

Where should I start?

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
START WITH SLAUGHTER HOUSE FIVE!!!

then proceed to BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS or CATS CRADLE

better yet, take a look at a list of all his novels, close your eyes and point to one then read that one!

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Read Slaughterhouse 5 first, then watch the excellent film version. Read his last book (A man without a country) as well. Vonnegut on a rant is sobering and hilarious at the same time. RIP Kurt.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
i didnt know slaughterhouse five was made into a movie

i knew breakfast of champions was tho, i havn't seen it tho

new topics

top topics

join