It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snoop Dogg gets 5 years probation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   

PASADENA, California (AP) -- A stone-faced Snoop Dogg pleaded no contest to felony gun and drug charges Wednesday, avoiding what could have been a years-long prison sentence.

The 35-year-old rapper, born Cordozar Calvin Broadus Jr., agreed to five years' probation and 800 hours of community service. He faced charges of gun possession by a felon and sale or transportation of marijuana.

edition.cnn.com...

Its about doggon time!!! This guy probably goes to work high and wasted and it takes the police this long to realize, oh, maybe we should try and stop this guy from breaking the law!

Maybe snoopy can figure out why he's in trouble after 800 hours of real work.

comments?

[edit on 12-4-2007 by misterfantastic]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   

This guy probably goes to work high and wasted

How do you know?,Prove it

Sorry but if you have something against drugs then go to your album collection and throw every single one out cause most of those musicians..really freaking high when they were making there music -From Bill Hicks (R.I.P)

The doors

The Beatles

Jefferson airplane

Etc..

So if you have a grudge against him for taking drugs ,well thats just up tightness and misinformation

If not your probably just jealous cause' hes got all the biyatches and hoes

Snoop dog is great BTW ,some of his best work done while he was on the chronic

(Sorry if that breaks the T&C )

[edit on 12-4-2007 by Disgustipated]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Hey, probation is no joke. It is worse than prison time. The only good thing about it is that you don't get that prison number that employers can look up and realize that you were in prison before. Plus it gives you a chance to remove the conviction off your record.

I'm on my last year of Felony Armed Robbery probation that last five years. It's not anything like you would think. I stole a newspaper. Someday you'll get to read about it in my Rant about the injustice of the legal system.

When I was in Jail everyone told me to serve the time and not take the probation. It's a setup to make you fail and serve time anyway.

I thought, well these guys are repeat offenders and this is my first offense. I have nothing to worry about. Turned out they are correct. I looked up the statistics of people successfully finishing and abiding by all terms of their probation and the number was a bleak %20. The system is designed to keep you in so they can make money off you. Explained some other time.

These days it is almost impossible to get a job if you have a felony and if you are caught writing no on your application you break your probation and go to prison.

The only way the average person can get thrpough it is if they already was selfemployed or to stay unemployed and homless the whole time and never have any friends.

Why no friends? Because if you befriend a person that has a felony and they don't tell you. You could get pulled over, both backgrounds be checked and then you'll be reported to your probation officer that you are accociating with know felons. Even though they were not known to you.

A real tough almost impossible situation and I got one more year. I heard that the last year is the toughest. That's when the cops start hasseling you. I hope not, I get enough of that already!

I don't think Snoopy has to worry about that though. He has plenty of money to pay his fines and continue working!

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Modemizer
I'm on my last year of Felony Armed Robbery probation that last five years. It's not anything like you would think. I stole a newspaper.

So you were in jail and convicted of Felony Armed Robbery for stealing a newspaper? 5 years probation? Sorry, that does not add up. Either there is much more that you are not telling us or you had the worst lawyer in history.

To get close to back on topic:

How do you know?,Prove it

I'm pretty sure he has admitted to it and even boasted about it.

But seriously, who cares? My one question would be, how is he going to avoid associating with known felons? If he cuts an album with Lil Kim or numerous other felon rappers, is he in violation?

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Well I'm glad da homeboy Snoop ain't goin to da pen.....

I am gettin off "something" in one week, sorry can't say too much, its a secret
, I might tell you when I get off of it

new topics

top topics

join