It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Income Tax and Sales Tax the Govt. Takes Half Your Money!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
i've also heard that the govt doesnt have the right to taking income tax, but im not gonna screw around with that. Im sure there is some loophole that they will throw my ass in jail for a few years. I guess we really just have to deal with paying ridiculous taxes, plus its not like i have a choice they jack it straight from my paycheck every week.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The only way to beat the system is to cheat the system by generating a second 'cash' income.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nonchalant
The only way to beat the system is to cheat the system by generating a second 'cash' income.

I read you loud and clear

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Oh man so true. Sometimes I ask for less money just so I can get more in my paycheck.

People don't realize that there are income backets and if you are at the bottom of one of those brackets you might as well ask for a demotion in pay!

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
I just received a check that had nearly 40% taken out of it. Of course i knew i would be taxed but i was taken aback when i saw how much was taken out. I went to eat lunch after i looked at my paycheck, and my meal came to a little over 10 dollars and the tax was somewhere along .89. I get home and my mortgage payment is in the mail, i open it up and then smack in my face is a 1200 dollar escrow (tax and insurance) payment. I was never happy with the tax situation but if finally occurred to me that more then half my money goes right to the Govt.

federal income tax: estimated 25%
Social Security/Medicare: 7.65%
NYS income tax: 6%
NYC income tax: 4%
42.65% taken off the top

the escrow from your mortgage covers insurance (not gov't owned) and real estate taxes which are paid for community costs such as schools etc. not US gov't. Not state income taxes but, rather, community costs. if you didn't own, you wouldn't make those payments.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brother Stormhammer
You shouldn't be too surprised at the tax bite, though, given all the things our government is asked to pay for (and no, it's not just "that war" in Iraq...or even the Defense Department). A four-lane highway can easily cost a million dollars per mile...medical care for the indigent / elderly...defense spending...schools...farm subsidies....congressional salaries and perks...it all adds up, and most people don't even notice.

Actually I think you should see a video called Freedom to Fascism.

video.google.com...

Most of the items you listed are all taken care of BEFORE we pay our FREDERAL income tax. Highways are for the most part paid for by the gasoline tax. School: state and local taxes. And the Defense spending is equivalent to what the corporations pay in taxes every year.

ALL of our Federal income tax goes to the Federal Reserve (neat fact that JFK tried to dissolve the Federal Reserve and due away with the Unconstitutional Federal Income Tax and was assasinated 5 1/2 months later) which is made of up a conglomorate of independent banks and really has nothing to do with the government.

Corporation can be taxed on their profit, but it's ILLEGAL for the government to tax and individual person. His labor is his personal property. The United States functioned from 1776 till 1913 without a Federal Income Tax. A few bankers by the name of Morgan, Warburg and Rockefeller got together and convince the secretary of state and Woodrow Wilson and a handful of senator to pass the Federal Reserve Act while the congress was empty one Christmas. And we all know that's unconsitutional.

Read up on it.
Watch the video.

It's well known thoughout the government and by lawmakers. People have even beaten the IRS in court cases when the government could not produce a single peice of paper stating the law that says an indiviual person has to pay a federal income tax on their labor.

....... damn, I'm at work and got distracted while typing, looks like someone already beat me to the punch. sorry for the repost

[edit on 12-4-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Taxes in holland (*waves at belgium next door*) are relatively steep too.
Ever since the euro it bites here anyway.

I'm currently in social security so what I have to pay isn't that much (10 - 15% out of a scratch).

Normally I think it's around half your salary aswell, taxes on luxury like electronics have risen from 17.5 to 19%, foodstuffs 6 - 8%

It's the euro here that's causing a big issue for the people in the lower classes. Income was nicely converted from the guilder to the euro but prices in stores and such have had there guilder symbol simply replaced with the euro symbol and most in addition raised the numbers aswell.. basicly wealth in the lower classes was cut in half near to overnight.

Just to be a bit more clear what I mean.

say if you earned Fl 3000,- / month that was nicely converted to approx. Eur. 1350,-
But retail outlets did this: E.g. loaf of bread Fl 1,- = Eur. 1,90(would be Fl. 4,20)

Compared to back during the guilder days my mother earns a real sweet amount of cash now, but it effectively equates to less then she had in social security back when I was little.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunner36
They can "do it" because they are the government and we the people have lost our voice. I hate tax time, it pisses me off to see all my hard earned money being stolen by our government. I dont mind paying taxes, but I am one of the believers of our governments job is to deliver our mail and protect our borders. Doesnt take half of someones paycheck to do that.

You ever look at your verizon bill? You pay tax 3 times for the same thing

basic service Taxes and Surcharges

Fed excise tax
L.A county tax
funding to support the public utilities commission
911 state tax
Temporary surcharge as allowed by Public utilities commission
calif. relay service and communications devices fund
CA high cost fund B
Calif. teleconnect Fund surcharge
CA universal lifeline telephone service
CA high cost fund A
Federal Universal service Fee

Fed excise Tax
LA county Tax
911 tax
Temporary surcharge as allowed by Public Utilties Commission
CA high cost fund B
CA Universal Lifeline telephone service

Taxes and Fees on Service-Long Distance

LA county tax
CA high cost fund B Federal Universal Service Fee
Ca Universal Lifeline Telephone service

Lots of redundancy here i say. They'll figure out how much air we breath and start taxing that, you'll see!

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Usa Defence budget is more than all the 192 countries combined!!!!

that doesnt seem as if we would like to be a PEACEFUL country, now does it.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You need a better accountant.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
My tax bracket is 33%. It seems like more then 33% has been taken out recently. Maybe i screwed up on my W2's. I probably do need a new accountant.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join