It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The power of the Moderator

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
the power of the Moderator to close who they feel like based on what, so if They don't like your stuff say good bye.
last time i looked I'm a member in good standing.
O yea say good bye to this thread.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The only time any moderator has ever shut down one of my threads is when there were already 5000 threads about the subject that I posted about.. I wish newbies would quit griping and just accept the terms and conditions of being a member here.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I have been here longer than you.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Your point count doesn't imply it... But, now that I look at your registration date, I guess you have. Really this is the second thread today that I have seen relating to this issue. I don't see what the fuss is .

[edit on 11-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
There was already a thread on the same Imus topic you made which is enough. No need for 10 threads on the same subject.

Doesn't matter how old or new you are.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I'm not here for points I'm here to express a view the same way i read every view but if a thread is taken in a different way than i should be able to start a new thread

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmaracing
I'm not here for points I'm here to express a view the same way i read every view but if a thread is taken in a different way than i should be able to start a new thread

Why not just go to a thread that's already been started about a subject and introduce your theory there? Really... Starting a new thread about something that already has 50 threads about it takes up even more bandwith on a site.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It's not about liking the thread.
It's about repetition. Thats all.
Had you been the first, to start a Thread about Imus. It would have stood.
Thats all it's about.

However.

It's possible to start another thread on the same basic topic, if you have another angle, or "take" on the subject. That would fly just fine.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Are you saying that a mod shouldn’t be able to kill a repeat thread?
They have to, repeat threads are pointless and take up server space.
I have never seen a mod kill a thread just because they didn’t like it, nor can I see a mod here doing that.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
the other thread was hijacked in social issues my thread is based on the imus versus the lacrosse team and which one has merit in the African American community and the so called leaders of the African American community, in reff to rev sharp and others.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
do you know how many threads are on at any time that involves lizerd people, or i see lights in the sky its called stars .

[edit on 11-4-2007 by cmaracing]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
You're not answering my question. What is wrong with taking what you have to say to another thread and discussing it there?

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

... but if a thread is taken in a different way than i should be able to start a new thread

Or, perhaps, you could introduce Your view and/or opinion to the existing thread that's being taken in a different way. There's nothing like a fresh breath of adversity, especially when it encounters a huddle of attaboys.

Give it a shot, cmaracing ... if only for the "shake well, then stir" effect.

On-topic is On-topic ... and knows neither direction nor different way.

$.02

link   
I could see where you were trying to lead your thread, it was hinted that you could start a new thread based on the point you are going after and come up with a title to reflect your point.....

I know you can do it!!!

link   
the other thread got hijacked on nappy hair and other stupid stuff.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
srry
dbbl post,

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I do not see why you are still arguing about this man. You made a thread there was already a thread on so it got locked. No big deal. The Mod's have every right to do so. Just post in the existing thread and get on with your life.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   

the other thread got hijacked on nappy hair and other stupid stuff.

Well, that's what Imus got suspended for... He made a comment about "nappy hair."

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
To the best of my knowledge, CMA, you are in fact in perfectly fine standing- I've never seen you cause a problem.

Sometimes moderator actions have nothing to do with "punishment" though. On a good day (not everyday, but often enough) I get the pleasure of doing my job fully and yet not having to deal with a single act of misconduct.

This is about house keeping and affording our members the attention their often very insightful posting deserves. We keep discussions to one thread at a time so that every member who reads on that subject will see the posts of all members who have something to say about it. Not only does it serve the member who started the first Imus thread, but it ensures that you've got an equal share of the entire audience when you post your views in the thread.

Please do not take it personally and do not try to "retaliate" by creating a drama incident- I've been a member hear for almost 3 years and I can assure you that our moderators do not act malevolently.

The complaint feature is always available to you if you have questions or feel that you have been misunderstood, and my U2U box is similarly at your disposal. I encourage you to talk these things out with us and not assume that you are being singled out for some kind of negativity- sometimes its just housekeeping.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'm done. I apologize for my tirade and ask that the powers that bee close this thread on the servers.
I don't want to waste server space plus i just saw one of the lizard people. lol

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join